Farragut vs. Oak Ridge

OldSoccerFan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really stud? really? i "play" college soccer how? last time i checked i was on a college team. my club team my senior year was 2nd in the state and played in some quality tournaments. there was a reason your past post got deleted. you take shots without backing up your smacktalk. i can take criticism but not without reasoning.....

as for me bashing high school...... don't misread contructive criticism for "bashing". i give credit. plus i post because i enjoy the high school game. i love soccer period and everything about it.

There is a reason NAIA plays with the Div ! schools....they have less regulations, use older experienced players from overseas and can get away with more in money, grades and recruiting. I am not bashing you UCsoccer, because anyone that plays at that level has to be a real class player so Congrats!!! But remember this High School is for learning with players from all levels and first and even second touch defines those that go on and those that don't.

Hey Ucsoccer are you boone? cause im really really good friends with all the 88 Stars team and I believe that they got second in state the year your talking about. if so man, let me know. my best friend is Ben Lawson so im sure you would know him

I won't tell you WHO UCsoccer is.......but he isn't Boone. He played 1 year older than the Stars 88 team. By the way, that was a great team with a ton of talent- Boone was one of my favorite kids to watch play- I watched him since he was 8 years old. Also, that Stars team had a great coach- which is always nice! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

There is a reason NAIA plays with the Div ! schools....they have less regulations, use older experienced players from overseas and can get away with more in money, grades and recruiting. I am not bashing you UCsoccer, because anyone that plays at that level has to be a real class player so Congrats!!! But remember this High School is for learning with players from all levels and first and even second touch defines those that go on and those that don't.

Finally.....someone who has it exactly right!!! On the pitch- you nailed it. Some of those teams have 28 year old players that come from other countries, where their club teams are awesome. So it is almost an unfair advantage- but along with that, these teams fully understand possession and movement. This is why I enjoy watching them. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

actually i was two year (i think) ahead of that stars team. i was one year under your brother (your brother was a grad in 03 right?). no point in trying to figure out who i am..... you won't know me. i am just a soccer nut who did what he could with what he had. i am really of no importance and was not an overtalked about player. actually quite the opposite and even to this day (as stud has proved) still being dissed and told "you're just a bust and you'll never do it." it's ok because it's been those people (and trust me their were alot) that has helped to fuel my passion to play at a higher level.

Pitch, thank you for the complement. as for the first touch being what seperates, i think you hit that nail right on the head. i never thought about it that was but it is sooooooooooooo true.

Is UCSoccer tinman (I think that was his name)

Red headed kid, used to play for the Crush when that club first got going???? If so was a hellever player even as a small kid, I remember coaching against him in 2001/02 and he was by far the best u-13 I had seen. Always worked his butt off and gave 100% every time I seen him play and if he was playing he was worth watching.

Is UCSoccer tinman (I think that was his name)

Red headed kid, used to play for the Crush when that club first got going???? If so was a hellever player even as a small kid, I remember coaching against him in 2001/02 and he was by far the best u-13 I had seen. Always worked his butt off and gave 100% every time I seen him play and if he was playing he was worth watching.

No...Tinman is still Tinman. UCSoccer is another kid. Tinman is red-headed kid and is playing in the USL right now. He was on that Crush team when they just started. I know this...because I was the coach of that Crush team. Tinman is playing for the Baton Rogue Capitals....they will be playing the Nashville Metros (I think that is the Nashville team name) tonight at 8:00 P.M. (Easter time) I will be at that game! By the way, Tinman will still be able to play his last season at The University of the Cumberlands this coming season. They should be a good team to watch!