Bearden vs. West

OldSoccerFan

I predict Bearden 2-1. I do not believe that West has enough offensive power to control the whole game. They do have cetain talented players that can carry them for a little while, but not the whole game. Also, some of West's players do not respect the game and have serious anger issues. If these players can overcome the issues then i think they could be some of the best in the state. Until then we'll just have to wait and see.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Farragut has beaten Bearden a few times too. So now you have two teams that can rattle your team to worry about, that's all. Good luck with Oak Ridge. I hope nothing happens to distract your team before the big game this week.

If I am reading this correctly, you are about to go where you do not want to go. Ill end this now so there is no further discussion regarding this post. Just STOP..NOW..and this forum will remain pleasant. I am not one to jump on other people, but do NOT go there.

To change the subject for the better, can some one please post the dates of the games leading up to the AAA state final( regionals, sub-state, and state tournament. That would be a great help to me.

If I am reading this correctly, you are about to go where you do not want to go. Ill end this now so there is no further discussion regarding this post. Just STOP..NOW..and this forum will remain pleasant. I am not one to jump on other people, but do NOT go there.

To change the subject for the better, can some one please post the dates of the games leading up to the AAA state final( regionals, sub-state, and state tournament. That would be a great help to me.

Got this from TSSAA site:

Regional semis: 05/12/2009

Regional Finals: 05/14/2009

Substate: 05/16/2009

State 1/4's: 05/20/2009

Sate Semi's: 05/21/2009

State Finals: 05/23/2009

What a game. West starts off with 2 quick goals off Tanner's throws. Then Bearden makes a 2 goal run. Cambell and McCoy share goals and then a tough luck goal against the Rebs.

Tanner got sent off with a soft red after the fourth goal. Questionable call because I thought he went for the ball and the Bearden player made it look worse. Hate to see a game finish without it's best player.

Definitely straight red. From where I was sitting you could see that foul coming. From behind, studs up. Some of the West fans were screaming that he got the ball. Which he did, after getting the guys feet, ankles, and legs. Dumb foul. He almost got a soft red for shoving the keeper earlier for no real reason, he is lucky Compton just spoke to him rather than going for the cards. Disappointing to see that. West had Bearden on their heels early, but the only offense seemed to come from Tanner's throws.

I certainly hoped to see West win this one but they let Bearden stay in it and the Bulldogs poise and determination helped them win it. Great game for both teams.