William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

To the players and parents of WB Football: be open-minded when Coach Gregory begins inserting his offense. There will be no "One Shining Star" on the field. No "One Man" will be responsible to making the big play. Instead, be ready to see up to four or five different individuals have a 100+ yard rushing or receiving performance on any given night. Expect to see a defense flowing one direction while the ball goes the complete opposite. As Doc stated before, this offense has very simple rules for everyone on the field (especially the linemen) to follow. There are clear cut rules in this offense, and it completely takes the "Guess Work" of the coaches' and players' hands. That's the beauty of the option game. Gregory's terminology is developed in way that helps eliminate confusion in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage. The key to WB's level of success this coming year will be how quickly the boys buy into Coach Gregory's system. Forget the huge individual numbers and the personal highlights. This is truly a system that requires TEAM execution. When eleven men are on the same page and execute, this offense is a thing of beauty. Like a finely tuned machine!!!

To the WB family. You all have a great man and family in Coach G. He will be a tremendous assest to your community. Enjoy every minute of it. To the players, soak up all the knowledge that comes from him. You all are one bunch of lucky people.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are getting a great coach.Get behind him and give him time.One of the best coach's i have ever worked with and a great human being,and has a wonderful family.You will love the guy,great role model.If my son was still playing,i would transfer him there to play,because i know what kind of coach and what kind of man he is.I be there to see you all play some.Good luck GOVES.

nice screen name. i believe everyone is staying on board at wb.

lol thanks. I'm sorry I had never seen yours on here, I will make a different one.

Good luck to Coach G. Time to get to work and hopefully have a successful season. I was really hoping we would stay with the spread but I believe every coach deserves the opportunity to put in his system. Will not be as fun to watch though.

Wait to see before you make up your mind. He coaches a good offensive scheme (very effective) and actually quite fun to watch. For me, just trying to find who had the ball each play was at times challenging and very much enjoyable. Keep an open mind, you'll see. Good luck coach G.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to Coach G. Time to get to work and hopefully have a successful season. I was really hoping we would stay with the spread but I believe every coach deserves the opportunity to put in his system. Will not be as fun to watch though.

i know its early,with a lot of work to be done,but what are you folks impressions of coach G.did we steer you wrong or did you get a winner?