coffee county - siegel who won?

robotman

I would consider your "disagreements" but sizing you up by your comments, it's obvious you are either ill informed or ignorant of the facts of how to build power houses... might I remind you two years straight that Coffee County went to the state IN A ROW! Not to mention that there would have likely been a third straight year had adults maintained their composure. Those successes came from hard work and hacking off a lot of slow pitch people by creating and building a program of fastpitch teams. The feeder system is the key and two visits to the state concurrently were examples of nurturing young ladies from the time they can put on a glove till they get to high school. So, talking about not holding water, the top of your shoes are all wet and that's not clear water I'm seeing. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Feeder systems are the most vital pieces of the puzzle. It boils down to how hard you want to work to make it happen. Coach Floyd was as integral to making that happen as most since his own daughter Nicole was part of that great era. The coaches for the fastpitch program in CC was as good of coaches for that league and travel teams as I've seen in all of travel ball in the 15 years I was involved with this sport. That group of men and even some women wanted that system to succeed as much as you or I would want to provide our families with a meal. It meant that much to them. On top of that, you had the most fundraising capabilities with that group I've ever seen. The funding raised by those groups of volunteers topped most major city programs. In fact, when CC showed up at the parks, especially Hendersonville (first major trnmt of the year) grown men (dads) of opposing teams would gape in awe at the uniforms, bats, cleats, head gear, bags and all the other things that are too many to mention. One quote I heard from a dominating program coach not knowing who I was standing in front of him... "That's Coffee County, they ALWAYS have money.. just look at all that gear.. and LOOK at the uniforms... Dang the BATS too!" It was that enthusiasm and support that excited and mobilized the young parents and kids to join and learn the game. The support of that original group of parents and the hard work they put in was absolutely phenomenal and I'm still impressed how it all came together. These good folk through their own blood, sweat and tears put together three different hitting centers and took the team from playing on the city Tball field and built that fine STADIUM! Unlike the kids now that walk into and onto that program and field with 90% of the infrastructure already laying there ready to go. Those early parents are the ones that provided that facility. Yes I was a part of that group but my commitment paled in comparison to those that led the way.

It is that kind of commitment that takes you where you need to go and playing the better teams was not a problem because of that commitment and this coming from a very small town that used to fill the stadium, aisleways, outfield fence and parking lot for a regular season district game. CC breathed softball. CC is softball and can always be softball. It's just a matter of choice.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would consider your "disagreements" but sizing you up by your comments, it's obvious you are either ill informed or ignorant of the facts of how to build power houses... might I remind you two years straight that Coffee County went to the state IN A ROW! Not to mention that there would have likely been a third straight year had adults maintained their composure. Those successes came from hard work and hacking off a lot of slow pitch people by creating and building a program of fastpitch teams. The feeder system is the key and two visits to the state concurrently were examples of nurturing young ladies from the time they can put on a glove till they get to high school. So, talking about not holding water, the top of your shoes are all wet and that's not clear water I'm seeing. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Feeder systems are the most vital pieces of the puzzle. It boils down to how hard you want to work to make it happen. Coach Floyd was as integral to making that happen as most since his own daughter Nicole was part of that great era. The coaches for the fastpitch program in CC was as good of coaches for that league and travel teams as I've seen in all of travel ball in the 15 years I was involved with this sport. That group of men and even some women wanted that system to succeed as much as you or I would want to provide our families with a meal. It meant that much to them. On top of that, you had the most fundraising capabilities with that group I've ever seen. The funding raised by those groups of volunteers topped most major city programs. In fact, when CC showed up at the parks, especially Hendersonville (first major trnmt of the year) grown men (dads) of opposing teams would gape in awe at the uniforms, bats, cleats, head gear, bags and all the other things that are too many to mention. One quote I heard from a dominating program coach not knowing who I was standing in front of him... "That's Coffee County, they ALWAYS have money.. just look at all that gear.. and LOOK at the uniforms... Dang the BATS too!" It was that enthusiasm and support that excited and mobilized the young parents and kids to join and learn the game. The support of that original group of parents and the hard work they put in was absolutely phenomenal and I'm still impressed how it all came together. These good folk through their own blood, sweat and tears put together three different hitting centers and took the team from playing on the city Tball field and built that fine STADIUM! Unlike the kids now that walk into and onto that program and field with 90% of the infrastructure already laying there ready to go. Those early parents are the ones that provided that facility. Yes I was a part of that group but my commitment paled in comparison to those that led the way.

It is that kind of commitment that takes you where you need to go and playing the better teams was not a problem because of that commitment and this coming from a very small town that used to fill the stadium, aisleways, outfield fence and parking lot for a regular season district game. CC breathed softball. CC is softball and can always be softball. It's just a matter of choice.

CC was and still is a Middle Tenn Power House! But with the removal of RaiderOne they will never make it to the next level!! Lets face the facts, they play in an easy district and they will not schedule any tough teams, because a Coach is afraid of his Job!! I too can remember the day when the stadium was filled with fans. Now, from what i understand the stands are filled with mom's, dad's, grandparents and a few Boy Friends. Take them away, the stands are empty.

Going 27 and 5 is great, and the girls should be proud. But one would think, that maybe, going 20 and 12 and still playing would be better.

They were scheduled to play Beech in the Hendersonville tournament (Cookeville, Sequatchie were the others in the pool). They can't control the rain.

Ok, I will give you that one. But it hasn't rained every season and the program is not what it once was. When the weather doesn't cooperate, you find a warm sunny place to play.

CC was and still is a Middle Tenn Power House! But with the removal of RaiderOne they will never make it to the next level!! Lets face the facts, they play in an easy district and they will not schedule any tough teams, because a Coach is afraid of his Job!! I too can remember the day when the stadium was filled with fans. Now, from what i understand the stands are filled with mom's, dad's, grandparents and a few Boy Friends. Take them away, the stands are empty.

Going 27 and 5 is great, and the girls should be proud. But one would think, that maybe, going 20 and 12 and still playing would be better.

First let me say that I like Coach Breeden a lot but he left on his own to go to Riverdale and is doing a great job there. Easy district? You can not control what district you play in. Crowd? I am at most games and the crowds are the same as always. Smaller maybe because other teams are not bringing in as many but I know our fans are just as many as any other year. I love doing what I do by calling games on the radio and win or lose the fans of Coffee Co. support their teams.

Are you kidding me? Coffee County plays basically the same tournaments now that they always played. The only difference in the schedule from now and then is the random home and home with Beech or Goodpasture and Columbia isn't as good as they were back then. Those back-to-back teams that went to state were lucky to have great pitching. Those teams and this year's team are very similar. They had a pretty good upper classmen pitcher and a very good underclassmen pitcher. They rode a three-year wave of success and kept on reloading and built around the pitching. This should have been their first year and truth be told there is no reason they shouldn't be playing tomorrow for a chance to go to the state tournament. They let a chance get away. Pitching change was about an inning too late.

I don't know who's ill informed or ignorant or whose shoes are all wet with whatever and I don't mean to get into a p'ping match with you...but how many State Championships did all that nice gear and big money get you? To wit...

Not to 'water down' their accomplishments, but according to the T$$AA, here are your only State champions from Coffee Co.:

Boys Track 2004 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion Alan Knox

Girls Basketball 1993 Class AAA Team Champions (32-3)

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA 300 Meter Low Hurdles Champion Leslie Henley

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA Discus Champion Megan Burch

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Leslie Henley

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA Pentathlon Champion Leslie Henley

Boys Track 1981 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion John Young

Boys Cross Country 1980 Individual Champion John Young

Boys Track 1979 Mile Run Champion Carey Waltrip

Girls Track 1974 440 Yard Relay Champions

Girls Track 1974 High Jump Champion Carla Tart

Girls Track 1974 Team Champions

Getting to State is a chore. Winning is dang-near impossible. But, from being familiar with some of these players and seeing them play a few times, I'd say this generation has as much a chance as the one you supposedly had a hand in building. They certainly seem to have the passion. And I hope the standard isn't 'did you make it to State?' It's 'did you win State?'

I gotta go. It's rainin' again. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Listen, let me be clear. The story I told in a previous post pointed to the obvious problem area and if you thought I was pointing at the coach, you've totally misread it. The Parents are the pivotal machine to make big things happen for programs. It is the parents that raise the much needed funds and put in the TIME it takes to get top programs going. What we had back then was a very passionate bunch of as opposite of personalities as you could possibly imagine but they were ALL focused on one thing when it came to the game and that was to make big things happen at just about all costs. The ball club capabilities of travel and facilities is directly proportional to the hard work of the parents. The second thing I'm pointing out is a ball clubs success (success is good records against very good teams). The TOOLS have to be in place and that means more parents have to get involved in the underlying feeder programs and I mean they have to work at it. The coaching has to be very good and the concessions, field and gate work has to go without a hitch. Anything other than that is a distraction. Distractions take focus off of the goals. The coaches are only capable of doing so much. Coach Floyd invested as much time as anyone for many years. The baton needs to be passed down to more parents. Drive by parents won't get you there. Boots on the ground armed with knowledge, expertise and the willingness to be involved and make things happen is what every coach needs. The question is, do you have what you need?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who's ill informed or ignorant or whose shoes are all wet with whatever and I don't mean to get into a p'ping match with you...but how many State Championships did all that nice gear and big money get you? To wit...

Not to 'water down' their accomplishments, but according to the T$AA, here are your only State champions from Coffee Co.:

Boys Track 2004 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion Alan Knox

Girls Basketball 1993 Class AAA Team Champions (32-3)

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA 300 Meter Low Hurdles Champion Leslie Henley

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA Discus Champion Megan Burch

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Leslie Henley

Girls Track 1993 Class AAA Pentathlon Champion Leslie Henley

Boys Track 1981 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion John Young

Boys Cross Country 1980 Individual Champion John Young

Boys Track 1979 Mile Run Champion Carey Waltrip

Girls Track 1974 440 Yard Relay Champions

Girls Track 1974 High Jump Champion Carla Tart

Girls Track 1974 Team Champions

Getting to State is a chore. Winning is dang-near impossible. But, from being familiar with some of these players and seeing them play a few times, I'd say this generation has as much a chance as the one you supposedly had a hand in building. They certainly seem to have the passion. And I hope the standard isn't 'did you make it to State?' It's 'did you win State?'

I gotta go. It's rainin' again. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Uh, yeah! That same set of guidelines I laid out in my post was the same set laid out at Riverdale. Phenomenal fundraising, parents boots on the ground and not missing a beat to give the girls what they need ALL WHILE BUILDING A STADIUM AND HITTING CENTER. Yes, they won state today as a matter of fact and I know what I'm talking about. Have a good day. Is it still raining? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />