Lions4ever

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Goodpasture

2. Unicoi

Book it!

Should be a good game to watch (if it happens). Pitching and catching are close to even. Both pitchers are sophomores and both catchers are seniors and GOOD. Hitting is where GP has a huge advantage. If there bats are working, they win by 3 or 4. If not, it could be real interesting..............

Yea right just like you and noitalls pick of Camden to win over Lexington last week.................that's funny.

You have me confused with someone else. I picked Lexington.

Speaking of picks, noticed that you are not in the contest. You just keep picking the easy ones............and keep commenting on how teams play against teams they didn't play..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have me confused with someone else. I picked Lexington.

Speaking of picks, noticed that you are not in the contest. You just keep picking the easy ones............and keep commenting on how teams play against teams they didn't play..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It would take half the day to make all those meaningless picks on my slow dial up connection?!?!?....... Why do they show GP and StationCamp as having played on the GP schedule in the district tourny if they didn't ????? Guess we will have to get the big "T" on that one.....

It would take half the day to make all those meaningless picks on my slow dial up connection?!?!?....... Why do they show GP and StationCamp as having played on the GP schedule in the district tourny if they didn't ????? Guess we will have to get the big "T" on that one.....

Weren't you ever told "don't believe everything you read"?

Goodpasture did not play Station Camp on May 7.

Weren't you ever told "don't believe everything you read"?

Let me explain what I do know having travelled this State all year looking at players. The "expert" is confusing winning picks with that of being an expert. Anyone who has an ounce of knowledge realizes that even experts do not pick them all correctly. However, experts "do" have a basis for making decisions, analyzes the teams that are paired together and knows their track record from "first hand" knowledge. They do not summarize a schedule and use that in their "expert" knowledge.

Fact, Goodpasture did NOT play Station Camp on the day in question.

Fact, based on their track record Goodpasture IS the pick to win the AA even though it is noted that they will have to play their best to get there.

Fact, they could be challenged by several teams since these teams do have formidable pitching. And, an expert realizes that pitching can be the great equalizer against potent offensive teams like Goodpasture. It should be noted that a freshman from White House had them on their knee's in district play. But, like great teams they found a way to win.

Fact, an expert that analyzes games make clear picks and does not talk about the "east" or the "west". They just lay out their predictions and let the chips fall where they may.

The closest thing I have seen to a person that analyzes teams and match-ups and backs up the reasoning behind his predictions is this "STLBRD" individual. Even though I do not agree on a few of his predictions, he is not vague and makes clear selections.

Therefore, with an extensive background on this exact area at higher levels of athletic endeavors, I would submit that each person on this thread pick the finishing order of the AA State from 1 to 8.

Then, you can see everyone's "predictions" and you can lay aside the vague expert analysis.

But these predictions will not get you any closer to being an "expert" I assure you.

Should be a great tournament. I know Goodpasture is Goodpasture. Heard Unicoi was good. Know for a fact Lexington and Camden are good. Know Westview and Covington have played and are both good. Covington has been to state for several straight years. DK much about Gibbs, but heard they were good and Chat Christian has to be good to make it this far. Got a feeling we're gonna see some great softball this week.

Should be a good game to watch (if it happens). Pitching and catching are close to even. Both pitchers are sophomores and both catchers are seniors and GOOD. Hitting is where GP has a huge advantage. If there bats are working, they win by 3 or 4. If not, it could be real interesting..............

Chatt Christian is playing great at the right time. Big Bats started getting hot and pitching is tough.

Should be a great tournament. I know Goodpasture is Goodpasture. Heard Unicoi was good. Know for a fact Lexington and Camden are good. Know Westview and Covington have played and are both good. Covington has been to state for several straight years. DK much about Gibbs, but heard they were good and Chat Christian has to be good to make it this far. Got a feeling we're gonna see some great softball this week.

Last years Top 4 of 8, Goodpasture, Gibbs, Unicoi, Convington