Need some help with start up figures

brocksterdanza

Good Evening folks. I was curious if anyone could give me a ballpark of start up costs for a high school wrestling team. I am talking mats, uniforms, etc. I know mats can cost upwards of 10 grand, however that is a figure that i would like to avoid if at all possible. Are there refurbished mats available until a program could get off the ground? Thanks alot for your help.

If you don't take any exotic trips and keep uniforms, sweats, practice gear simple, you can get by with $12,000. The good news is for wrestling (With the exception of mats), the start up year is really no more expensive than any year going forward. With $15,000 you'll be much more comfortable (this does not include mats). In my opinion a refurbished mat is not worth the cost (about $5k). I would recommend a dulamar as opposed to resilite. Especially if your a new program with space issues. The ability to move it easily and efficiently is priceless

mat - reconditioned from 5 - 7 G''s not too bad if you get a good one. new ones around 10

I have to disagree about the dollamur mats. they are light and can be moved easily and are soft but they are only one sided and I like to have the practice circles in the practice room.

uniforms - plain singlets around $35 each.

warm ups - depends- could go with hoodies and can get them around $25 each

Head gear - about $30ish a piece

Then you just need money for entry fees to toournaments - any where from $100 to 175 each depending where you go. the better and larger the tournament usually the more money.

money for ref's if you have home meets.

Money available for incidentals ( mat cleaner, state tournament)

Coaches Pay.

GoodLuck

Do your programs pay for everything? The only thing our wrestlers have provided for them are the team singlet, one pair of shorts, and one t-shirt. Singlets are property of the school. Parents pay for shoes, headgear, warm ups, any additional shorts and t-shirts they choose to purchase, and fees to the program it's self.

Do your programs pay for everything? The only thing our wrestlers have provided for them are the team singlet, one pair of shorts, and one t-shirt. Singlets are property of the school. Parents pay for shoes, headgear, warm ups, any additional shorts and t-shirts they choose to purchase, and fees to the program it's self.

Our program supplies everything but the shoes. but we also fundraise whenever we can. We supply warm up tops and bottoms, headgear,singlets and any and all tournament fees etc. The wrestlers only have to pay for tshirts and sweatshirts if they want them.

these numbers were much higher than i thought. The mat costing 10k is expected, however, in your original post, you mentioned that it would be about 15k per year. Either that, or i am reading it wrong. i couldnt imagine that it would cost that much each year if the mat is good for up to 10 or so years. This is a program that is a couple years away and i must make sure i have the budget presented. Thanks for all your helps guys.

these numbers were much higher than i thought. The mat costing 10k is expected, however, in your original post, you mentioned that it would be about 15k per year. Either that, or i am reading it wrong. i couldnt imagine that it would cost that much each year if the mat is good for up to 10 or so years. This is a program that is a couple years away and i must make sure i have the budget presented. Thanks for all your helps guys.

The 15k cost is initial once you get past the purchase of the mat continual costs will be much less.