AAA State Brackets Released!

mightypoweredsnake

Sounds like you are not sure which time this was that the keeper and the forward had contact. Being there puts a lot of emotion into one's memory. The photo is just a snapshot in time that records what happens. The photo appears to reveal a keeper without possession of the ball hitting the forward.

I have no loyalty to either team, I just saw this photo and thought it would focus someone's memory.

yes that was foul wait actually no the keeper has the ball in his hands and the kingsbury player is running into him...or keeper is backin it up on kingsburys players face...

My only comment is that you cannot make a determination on one single still image. Was the ball knocked loose or was the keeper charging the striker. NO ONE can tell from that picture. I would suspect if it were the latter that a straight red would have been issued to the keeper which it was not. You are however free to interpret a single image as you would like, RockyTop. Enjoy yourself! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State has been a little disappointing for me so far. I watched the Cleveland/Kingsbury game and was very shocked at the level of play on the field. I am not trying to put anyone down, but both teams resorted to kick ball within 20 minutes of the game starting. Kingsbury couldnt keep possession for more than one pass or a few feet of dribbling. Exception, the one player already mentioned in the forum. Cleveland had some good athletes that knew the game well but eventually the long ball game took over. As a neutral observer, throughout the game i started to pull for Kingsbury because they were not getting very many calls to go there way, beside the questionable PK that was awarded. Very poor game to watch, I expected lots more from a highly rated Cleveland team.

Farragut vs Hendersonville.

This was also another shocker to me. Farragut came out strong and pretty much dominated the first half. They scored off of what I thought was a great football smart play by both the distributer and scorer on the play. Play was live, both refs were supposed to be live, both plays see gap, threw ball played, great turn and finish by Sam. I was not in a great position to see the refs positioning but its not the players fault they werent doing their job. 1-0 Farragut. Farragut bombarded the goal mouth for 15 minutes after that missing two easy sitters in front of goal. Farragut also had two good chances from corners that narrowly missed. Both should of atleast hit frame from there postion.

Should of been 3-0 4-0 going into half.

Halftime.

Hendersonville comes out with a high pressure oriented system. Sort of resorted to a long ball style game. Farragut adapted to the game and buckled down on defense and rarely let Hendersonville have a look on frame. Farragut keeper made maybe one competitive save the whole second half. Farragut almost picked up a goal with about 15 left when a Farragut player attempted a 30 yard chip on the keeper. Perfect chip but keeper makes great save at last second. Farragut had about two more attacks that should of been played back across front of goal to teamates for an easy finish but both players instead shot right to keeper. Should of easily had two goals there. Intense game, good tackling by both teams. I feel they both respected eachother and realized that it might of been the toughest game they would have in the tournament.

Although intense, both teams lacked the finishing instinct. Farragut will have to learn to put the ball on frame if they wish to advance.

Cleveland-Farragut

Should be a good game. I hope that the ball is possessed a little more so we can see the true skill of the players come out. Based on what I saw yesterday, I see Farragut winning this one like 2-0 3-0 possibly. This only if they can find the frame with their shots. If they still cant finish, I could see a 0-0 game going into overtime. I just dont see Farraguts D getting beaten at all. Good luck to both teams.

I will have to say Bearden to beat Brentwood in a very, very close game. I just think that Bearden has played the tougher competition (3 losses to Farragut alone).

I see all the scores of 3-0 by Farragut...I think it will be much worse. It seems simple to me...Farrgaut has the stronger team, played a tougher schedule and these kids are used to playing at a much faster pace. No matter the talent Cleveland has, speed of play is hard to adjust to...add a ton of constant pressure....as Farragut will and it spells disaster!! I'll say 5-1 Farragut.

Sorry Cleveland fans.....it has been a great season either way.

I have to admit that I will pull for Cleveland because they are the under-dog in my opinion...rankings mean nothing to me at this point!

Prove me wrong Cleveland!!!!

With that being said....I think the only team that has a chance to beat Farragut is Bearden.

Why?? Because it is very, very hard to beat ANYBODY 4 times in the same season. Is Farragut the best team left?? I sure think so and they are more than capable of beating anyone, any time.....but Bearden would have nothing to lose!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I will have to say Bearden to beat Brentwood in a very, very close game. I just think that Bearden has played the tougher competition (3 losses to Farragut alone).

I see all the scores of 3-0 by Farragut...I think it will be much worse. It seems simple to me...Farrgaut has the stronger team, played a tougher schedule and these kids are used to playing at a much faster pace. No matter the talent Cleveland has, speed of play is hard to adjust to...add a ton of constant pressure....as Farragut will and it spells disaster!! I'll say 5-1 Farragut.

Sorry Cleveland fans.....it has been a great season either way.

I have to admit that I will pull for Cleveland because they are the under-dog in my opinion...rankings mean nothing to me at this point!

Prove me wrong Cleveland!!!!

With that being said....I think the only team that has a chance to beat Farragut is Bearden.

Why?? Because it is very, very hard to beat ANYBODY 4 times in the same season. Is Farragut the best team left?? I sure think so and they are more than capable of beating anyone, any time.....but Bearden would have nothing to lose!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I definitely agree with your thoughts on Bearden being the only one to beat them, 4 times is very very tough to do.

Sorry Brentwood fans, but Bearden and Farragut are going to be in the state finals once again. Farragut will beat Cleveland and Bearden will beat Brentwood.

Although Farragut has totally dominated Bearden this year, I expect Saturday's final between Farragut and Bearden will be a little closer. Say 3-1 Farragut.

you guys wouldn't throw brentwood in the discussion to beat farragut? and why?

because dummy.......I don't think they will beat Bearden!!

Actually, it's because I know very little about them. I know that isn't fair but I can't help it- didn't get a chance to see them play. I know they are usually strong all the time, but I don't see them getting to play the tough season the others do. Just think, Bearden, Farragut, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Catholic, West and CAK get to play each other all the time. 4 of these teams are still left in the state championship, with the possibility of a re-match for a State Championship. Oak Ridge, West and Catholic are not here because they had the misfortune of having to play the other teams. See my point? I just go with the teams from the east because over the last 10 years they have been totally dominate. It's just a simple fact. They could all lose tonight and blow this out of the water- we'll know in a few hours!!

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />