Farrugut vs Hendersonville

MVM

Anyone have any details on this game? Sounds like it was an intense one.

farragut scored 12 minutes in and the goalkeepers pretty much couldn't be beat after that

the refs missed 2 PK'S 1 for h-ville and 1 for farragut

farragut should beat cleveland tomorrow

plus it was nice to meet the farragut coach too

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i got to witness this game as a neutral observer, and this one played out just like the estimated guesses as a close and back and forth game. Farragut came out a little stronger in the first, had more opportunitys, yet hendersonville was a differant team in the second. Farragut scored on a free kick from fourty, which seemed like utter confusion from the ref, as well as hendersonville. A player was taken down around the fourty, farragut quickly sent a through ball in the box and had a break away and finished. There were calls for "offsides" and the "Ball was still moving" Yet i couldn't tell from my angle. In the second, Hendersonville pressured more and found 3 or 4 quality chances they couldnt put away. In conclusion farragut held on. Overall it seemed there was equal talent, yet if i had to give it to one or the other, i would give it to hendersonville by a very slight margin. Speed was a big factor, farragut was one of the fastest teams i have seen yet, hendersonville had some wheels also, yet farragut had that one. Farragut also had a big boy in the middle win a lot of 50/50s.

I couldnt say that the better team won, because in my opinion they were neck and neck, i couldnt give it to either team. But what i can say was that "This was the State Championship"

I was impressed with way Farragut played; they had too, as Hendersonville did not lie down in this one. Their defense never cracked as Farragut continued to apply the patent pressure. Goal scored on a quick start thru-ball to Sam Eddy, one-on-one with goalie, 1-0 Farragut. Weird play; Trevor taken down hard and took time to get up. As Hendersonville started questioning call, Farragut quick start caught Hendersonville off guard.

Neither goalies really challenged in this one as defenses pretty much were able to clear out and control the box. Hendersonville had that bend but not break back line as Farragut constantly pushed forward creating through ball passes only to be broken up.

Next up, Cleveland. I only saw the O.T and looked like they had their hands full. Should be a good one. 1 vs. 2 in state.

I was impressed with way Farragut played; they had too, as Hendersonville did not lie down in this one. Their defense never cracked as Farragut continued to apply the patent pressure. Goal scored on a quick start thru-ball to Sam Eddy, one-on-one with goalie, 1-0 Farragut. Weird play; Trevor taken down hard and took time to get up. As Hendersonville started questioning call, Farragut quick start caught Hendersonville off guard.

Neither goalies really challenged in this one as defenses pretty much were able to clear out and control the box. Hendersonville had that bend but not break back line as Farragut constantly pushed forward creating through ball passes only to be broken up.

Next up, Cleveland. I only saw the O.T and looked like they had their hands full. Should be a good one. 1 vs. 2 in state.

By performances Id have to say that it would be Farragut Bearden Brentwood Hendersonville and then Cleveland...Farragut should get by tomorrow night and will have their hands full with either Bearden or Brentwood

Hendersonville was caught off guard because the fouled player was on the ground still in the way. The side ref was caught off guard more than anyone, he was way out of position up the field. The Farragut kid was two strides past everyone when the ball was sent. My sight line was right on the play. Can't blame Farragut they played a good clean game. To a man on the sidelines everyone said way off! We all have been standing there and called off and even our own parents would correct us but this time there was no doubt. Good luck to Farragut.

Hendersonville was caught off guard because the fouled player was on the ground still in the way.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090520...t+White+Station

Farragut 1, Hendersonville 0: The Farragut soccer team caught Hendersonville off guard on more than one account Wednesday.

A foul that was called for a takedown on Trevor Greico opened the door for the Admirals when Sam Eddy got the pass in the box, beating a Hendersonville defender, and went cross-goal for the only score of the game.

???After the foul was called just about everyone was still looking at Trevor,??? said Eddy. ???I saw that they (Hendersonville) weren??™t paying attention, and I got the squib kick and was able to finish.

???I think it was a lucky goal, and they kind of handed it to us, but at the same time I think we deserved the win.???