Preseason Top 10 in 5A?

92Dragon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys getting a little ahead of yourselves arent you...every state title has to come through the east tennessee are and through Knoxville so I would not bet on that middle and west tennessee thing just yet!!!

Just because Maryville isn't going to be in the way this year doesn't mean that some very good middle Tenn teams won't be. Henry County lost a lot but Gaddis is a really good coach who will have his team ready. Hillsboro always has good talent and this year they have a very experienced QB returning. Columbia is loaded with experience and lost very little from last year. Hendersonville is always a tough team. Ohh yeah....tradition rich GALLATIN. Don't think it is going to be a cake walk. Melrose, Mem East and Ridgeway will all make some noise in the West.

Greeneville and Henry Co. won't even make the playoffs this year. I would move Clinton and Sullivan South on up into the top 3. And you better go back and do some homework because MoEast will take that 4th position.

I disagree with the Greeneville statement Comp. Greeneville should have no trouble in their district. They're not in 5A though.

I disagree with the Greeneville statement Comp. Greeneville should have no trouble in their district. They're not in 5A though.

I think it's too early to get a handle on how all the classification changes will shake out. It will probably take about 5 weeks to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

1. Hillsboro.

2. Henry County.

3. Mitchell.

4. Knoxville Catholic.

5. Melrose.

6. Sullivan South.

7. Beech.

8. Centennial.

9. Knoxville Clinton.

10. Cleveland.

ruse?

After watching the Clinton/Alcoa scrimmage.....im not sure Clinton should be in the top 10. After was all said and done, it was Alcoa 5- Clinton 2. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

After watching the Clinton/Alcoa scrimmage.....im not sure Clinton should be in the top 10. After was all said and done, it was Alcoa 5- Clinton 2. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Alcoa would usually be in the top 10 if they played 5A. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1. Hillsboro.

2. Henry County.

3. Mitchell.

4. Knoxville Catholic.

5. Melrose.

6. Sullivan South.

7. Beech.

8. Centennial.

9. Knoxville Clinton.

10. Cleveland.

ruse?

I think Cleveland will be very interesting this year. I believe that it could go two way, they do very good or they're mediocre. Cleveland returns four senior offensive linemen, several skill backs, and three defensive linemen. The inexperience part of Cleveland will more than likely be the linebackers. With a new coach at the helm I think Cleveland may actually live up to their hype, which is something they have not done in a while!

Raider":2httnc7k]

I think Cleveland will be very interesting this year. I believe that it could go two way, they do very good or they're mediocre. Cleveland returns four senior offensive linemen, several skill backs, and three defensive linemen. The inexperience part of Cleveland will more than likely be the linebackers. With a new coach at the helm I think Cleveland may actually live up to their hype, which is something they have not done in a while!

Rumbling.

IMO, The OL & skill guys will be good. New coach will create some excitement/passion, which has been missing. DL will be strong, & keep the LBs free. Really think they could be tough. Very sorry to hear about Coach Monroe's loss.

ruse?

Alcoa would usually be in the top 10 if they played 5A. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoa would be Top 5. Loaded.

'04 I depend on you to call it by the numbers. No home cooking on your part. But Aura is a beech and Greeneville...I mean Niswonger City will be victim to it. What goes around...

Down and distance with the 1's it was 1-1. Varsity overall with the 10 play deal 3-1 . . . two of Alcoa's TD's came after 4th down stops . . . but 10 plays keeps the ball moving!

Down and distance with the 1's it was 1-1. Varsity overall with the 10 play deal 3-1 . . . two of Alcoa's TD's came after 4th down stops . . . but 10 plays keeps the ball moving!

Down and distance alcoa scored 3 times im pretty sure. Clintons first td came on the 9th play of the 10 play format. They didnt have any TD's during the 10 play deal. They used this format for the first two series and alcoa had a few good plays but didnt score. That being said, clinton had some good looking kids. That qb is a flat out player. He is so calm and throws a great ball. I really believe clinton has the chance to be a great team and has a great shot to win that region they are playing in this season.

Alcoa may be in the top three in any class,so if you guys moved the ball and competed at all,your pretty good I'd say.I didn't know Hillsboro had moved up to 5A,that will be a hard matchup for any 5A team in the state.