Preseason Top 10 in 5A?

92Dragon

Alcoa may be in the top three in any class,so if you guys moved the ball and competed at all,your pretty good I'd say.I didn't know Hillsboro had moved up to 5A,that will be a hard matchup for any 5A team in the state.

They might not have moved up....i thougt the majority of 4A teams moved up to 5A, but i guess i was wrong. Sorry. Some teams like Anderson Co. moved from 3A up to 5A!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see how much Hillsboro and Henry County lost over the last year. Those two are going to be just 2 of the middle Tn teams to watch this year in this league.

Henry county lost a lot in the 2 future SEC players but after watchin the scrimmage we will still be good. We have a lot of young talent. We have 2 qbs that have stepped up. One is a sophomore and the other is our best defensive player. But we should make the playoffs and hopefully go far again.

1. Hillsboro.

2. Henry County.

3. Mitchell.

4. Knoxville Catholic.

5. Melrose.

6. Sullivan South.

7. Beech.

8. Centennial.

9. Knoxville Clinton.

10. Cleveland.

ruse?

Centennial? For real? Just want to remind you, Centennial has never beaten Franklin...EVER. Might want some kinda experience to be top 10 in state, they arent even top 3 or 4 in the region

You are correct Hillsboro is in 5A now!

Just wondering is Hillsboro really that good? It could be just hype from last years amazing season; new head coach a lot of D1 talent gone from last year. Can they live up to the expectations with new players and a new head coach?

Centennial? For real? Just want to remind you, Centennial has never beaten Franklin...EVER. Might want some kinda experience to be top 10 in state, they arent even top 3 or 4 in the region

rebel4life94.

Why not? Its' May, new classifications, districts, and my opinion generally speaking, is not worth much. Dude, its' a message board in which a poster was looking for a "Early 5A Top 10." Hit us up with your thoughts, "Franklin, #1, Franklin #1, Franklin #1."

ruse?

Just wondering is Hillsboro really that good? It could be just hype from last years amazing season; new head coach a lot of D1 talent gone from last year. Can they live up to the expectations with new players and a new head coach?

There is still ENOUGH talent to win a state championship. Also, remember the offensive philosophy will remain the same. It will be up to the players themselves to give the effort required to win a state championship. However, they know what kind of effort required because they did it last season. They also know what it will take to successfully operate that offense.

The question remains though: what kind of cumulative TEAM effort will the Burros make in 2009? The regular season schedule will prepare them EXTREMELY well for the 5A playoffs. It's up to the players: How good do they want to be?

All that being said, I am very excited to see how the Burros respond in 2009?

Henry county lost a lot in the 2 future SEC players but after watchin the scrimmage we will still be good. We have a lot of young talent. We have 2 qbs that have stepped up. One is a sophomore and the other is our best defensive player. But we should make the playoffs and hopefully go far again.

Agree. Dickson County may be the only team in your district to even give ya'll a run. Gaddis knows what he is doing. Henry County will field a good team.

Being from east TN, I am kind of surprised to see that Cleveland is not in many top tens (1 I think). Cleveland is a very strong team. They have a few returning starters, and a new young coach who should bring in some hype and youthfulness to the Blue Raider Nation.

Also, Rhea County hardly appears. Now I'm definitely not saying they should crack the top 5, but not being in the top ten? I think they deserve a little more credit. Year in, year out, Rhea was always in the 4A state playoffs. I know this is 5A now, but I think they can compete with the 5A boys just as well as they can 4A. Plus they are no longer in danger of being sent to Maryville now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Being from east TN, I am kind of surprised to see that Cleveland is not in many top tens (1 I think). Cleveland is a very strong team. They have a few returning starters, and a new young coach who should bring in some hype and youthfulness to the Blue Raider Nation.

Also, Rhea County hardly appears. Now I'm definitely not saying they should crack the top 5, but not being in the top ten? I think they deserve a little more credit. Year in, year out, Rhea was always in the 4A state playoffs. I know this is 5A now, but I think they can compete with the 5A boys just as well as they can 4A. Plus they are no longer in danger of being sent to Maryville now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I definitely believe Rhea Co. is a top ten team! I would put Cleveland in the top 15-20 though...because of just having a few returning starters and a new coach.