Kingsbury needs help

hhsmustangs08

Yes, this is terrible. I know exactly how it is, I coached this team from 2004-2006, both girls and boys. I really hope that they get to play. I'm extremely proud of these boys and have been trying to kep up with them all year. Whenever we had road games there was always a bit of worry about whether or not we would all get to the game. If I could help I would, but I teach in Korea now. If, and when they do get to the tournament, I just want to say GOOD LUCK!

In 2003 Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences was playing in their second consecutive State Tournament after dispatching Chattanooga Christian in the region finals. The day before the game an article in the Commercial Appeal had an article about their opponents, Sheffield, a school for English as a second language school. It had been a difficult season for Sheffield because of lack of resources and parental support. Some games got forfeited, players quit, and the coach couldn't speak the language of most of his players. CSAS players could not believe their lucky first round draw.

On game day a few students and parents showed up to support Sheffield. They had one sub and the keeper was a converted basketball player who wore his hightops in goal. The players were from four continents and spoke different languages. Sheffield played their hearts out and defeated a stronger team. Oh yea, Keep made some great saves. I don't think the team fully appreciated their accomplishment but they won the respect of everyone who witnessed it.

It would be a darn shame if money can't be found to transport the Kingsbury Falcons to the State. These are players who wouldn't complain about any other disadvantages they may encounter if they do get the opportunity to just play.

agreed i really have nothing positive to say about Cleveland...except enjoy the win while it last

I agree all teams have fans that make inappropriate remarks about the other team and I disagree with them doing that, however, before extrapolating that to ALL CLEVELAND FANS make sure you haven't made any disparaging remarks yourself, such as "internationals on kingsbury defintely lived up to the flopping and taking an hour to get up..." The Kingsbury team deserved much better than that comment. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />