not sure what happened, but moving on to Round 7

Round 7

Alcoa WINS!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Alcoa...and good luck in the rounds to come! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It looks like Alcoa will play Hume Fogg and CAK will play Station Camp. Although neither east TN team has an easy shot to the finals, I would say Alcoa has the easier path. CAK vs. Alcoa III is looming.

What an incredible win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless the heart of the one that missed the PK

I was thinking the same thing....very tough for sure. But congratulations to Alcoa on what must have been an incredible game.

Being a Chattanoogan I was pulling for the local team....CCS but congratulations to Alcoa on a huge victory on their fantastic win. I don't know if the goalie made a great save on the pk miss....but whatever happened my heart goes out to that young man. So much pressure on these kids and you just hate that. Congrats Akula!

Holy cow, what a game. I have aged visibly and I wasn't even coaching. Having one of your close friends coach in this huge game is quite stressful. Can't imagine what he was feeling!

I was there for all the goals, but didn't make it to the first half (was watching SC and CPA).

First goal for CCS was a NICE controlled finish off of a defensive mis-clear to put CCS up 1-0. Both teams attacked rather directly, but is expected in a high caliber match like this one.

Alcoa scored their regulation goal off of a SICK shot that went over the keeper from about 25 yards out (not exact on measurements, but it was far out).

With 5 seconds left, Alcoa went to attack and the ball was shot towards the goal. IF (and I don't know what the official rule on the field was, just that the official clock was on the scoreboard for ours) the scoreboard was the official clock, the ball did NOT cross the line before it sounded. It was literally a foot from scoring when it sounded. As much as I wanted my friend to win, it was the right call to overturn it. (Sorry Akula, I was on the goal line on that one...).

OT, both teams had good looks. CCS possessed a bit more, but both teams were very tired. High paced.

PK's.

Alcoa's keeper made a REALLY nice save, and put them up. Went to the 5th shooter, and CCS's keeper made a good save, as well. Sudden death PK's, Alcoa's keeper made a save, but was called for coming off of his line. He did come off his line, but I have never seen this called in a game. CCS made a good final shot, but was just a little high and hit the cross bar. The one thing I respect very much about CCS, was that when the game was called, all of the players rushed to that young man's side and were there for him. That was very classy. Showed what kind of a team they were.

Man, I am tired! Congrats to Coach Fowler and Gorman and the entire Alcoa squad, and also great game to CCS. You really were a quality squad.

What an amazing game, so emotional for both teams, and CCS played their hearts out, I felt we did as well. So emotionally drained at this point. Just a hard fought match that no team deserved to lose. We had such a hard time overcomng the apparent goal in the last seconds of the 2nd overtime. I understand the rule and feel they made the right decision. Can't say I agreed with the infraction on the saved PK, but we survived. I really want thank G, and the CAK bunch for coming over and watching. I know you have ties to both teams and didn't have a favorite, but it meant alot to me to be able to see you guys for a brief moment after the match.

Just want to say how much I respect CCS for how they handled themselves even when they thought they had lost in the second OT. They held their head high, and came out gamebusters in OT. I feel very fortunate to have survived.

WOW! Akula, I don't see how your heart can take all these close games! It's a definite testament to your team for pulling out a win in all of them (at least I'm pretty sure all of them). Either way, what a great display of heart and determination! Good luck in the rest of the tournament. You make our District proud!

What an amazing game, so emotional for both teams, and CCS played their hearts out, I felt we did as well. So emotionally drained at this point. Just a hard fought match that no team deserved to lose. We had such a hard time overcomng the apparent goal in the last seconds of the 2nd overtime. I understand the rule and feel they made the right decision. Can't say I agreed with the infraction on the saved PK, but we survived. I really want thank G, and the CAK bunch for coming over and watching. I know you have ties to both teams and didn't have a favorite, but it meant alot to me to be able to see you guys for a brief moment after the match.

Just want to say how much I respect CCS for how they handled themselves even when they thought they had lost in the second OT. They held their head high, and came out gamebusters in OT. I feel very fortunate to have survived.

Coach, my wife is coming down tonight, win this one so I can come tomorrow and spend a soccer weekend with the team! I could not sleep at all Wednesday night I was so excited over the big win. Well Done Coach!!!!!!!!!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

wow how exciting! This is why the game is played. alcoa, i'm jealous that you guys have been apart of so many exciting games (even the ones that did not go your way). Sounds like a truly amazying season but it is not over, you still get a chance for two more close games.... best of luck on your game today. i am sure that is what is at focus, today's games.... akula is a true testiment to good coaching and i wish you the best of luck....