Presented by Page High School

July 11th, 2009

9:00am - 3:00pm (lunch provided)

Page High School gym

6281 Arno Road

Franklin, TN 37064

CLINIC DIRECTOR

Troy Helton ??“ High School & Club Coach

Coach Helton has had tremendous success in coaching the sport of volleyball. His love for the game is evident in the way he coaches, in the meticulous way he prepares each practice, and in his ability to scout opponents. Troy??™s passion is for growing volleyball wherever he lives and teaching his fellow HS coaches the secrets to building & maintaining a successful volleyball program.

Coaches Clinic topics will include:

??? How to Build and Maintain a Successful High School Program

??? Teaching ball control at all levels of competition

??? Serving Techniques and Strategies

??? How to Get the Most Out of Your Players

??? Daily practice planning techniques

??? Training Individual defense & Intensity

??? Developing an Offensive System for your level of competition

??? Secret to successful Team Defense

??? Serve receive techniques and rotations

??? Live demonstration of over 50+ drills by the Page HS team

COST

$50 per coach (who register by June 19th)

$75 per coach (at the door)

$25 each additional coach from same high school program

REGISTER

[email protected]

Each coach will receive a binder of camp notes & drills. Gift bags & lunch will also be provided.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a great clinic for any coach, catnash1. Maybe I can slip in the back door and just observe. Did you need any volunteers for the concession stand? I would really like to meet Coach Helton.

I would love to meet you as well, PageMan. CatNash1 tells me great things about you. You are more than welcome to attend the Coaching Clinic on me. A friend of Page HS is a friend of mine /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks, CoachHelton. I will be attending the All-Skills Camp and the Coaches' Clinic to help in the concession stand. I look forward to meeting you as well. I have registered as a member on the Tennesse-Volleyball Association website as well to learn more about volleyball.

• 4 weeks later...

Am I dreaming or did I see where somebody has created a new volleyball web site featuring general info about v'ball in Middle TN (it was very nicely done)? I know I saw this, but I've googled and googled and can't find it. HELP!

(if I dreamed it up, I already know I'm an idiot, so please don't embarrass me... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> )

You weren't dreaming, 5-Sport Dad, and you're not an idiot. The web site address is:

http://www.tennessee-volleyball.com - don't forget the dash.

If this link does not work, copy and paste into your browser.

The site is operated by Troy Helton and will have more features as time goes on.

Thanks, PageMan. I can always count on you. Pretty sad it didn't show up in a Google search, though, huh (I put in 'Tennessee volleyball' and got UT and MTSU and...)?

• 2 weeks later...

The Coaches' Clinic held at Page today went well as Troy Helton covered the topics shown in post #1 above. Coach Helton was assisted by his brother Travis as the Page girls demonstrated several drills for various aspects. I attended the clinic along with several middle school, high school, and club coaches. Impact Coach Jay Golsteyn also gave his insight to the program after lunch. It was all sort of overwhelming to me being just a stat person with no experience playing volleyball or having a daughter involved in it, but I'm sure all the coaches benefited greatly from the knowledge that Coach Helton has. Each coach received a binder for the clinic and took notes during the presentation. Lunch was provided by the Page parents as several attended to volunteer their services.