What do you think will happen with DeKalb's new coach?

TigerPride23

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job tonight winning against Warren Co. for the girls. It was an exciting game. Double over time but came away with the 63-59 win. They're 3-0 now they have improved so much. Keep it up Coach Cope.

DCHS Teams 3-0 after Beating Warren County

The DeKalb County Lady Tigers battled their border rivals from Warren County to a double overtime win Tuesday night to run their record to 3-0 on the young basketball season.

The Lady Pioneers led 12 to 10 after the first period and held a three point edge on DeKalb County at the half 22 to 19. The Lady Tigers took a 44 to 41 lead at the end of the third period, but Warren County pulled even with DeKalb County in the fourth and the score at the end of regulation was 49-49. Each team scored seven points in the first overtime and the score was tied at 56-56. In the second overtime, the Lady Tigers took the lead on a Mecedes Luna three pointer and with Cynthia Woodwards free throws, DeKalb County held off the Lady Pioneers to win 63 to 59.

Cynthia Woodward led the team in scoring with 22 points. Kristina Stephens had 15 points, Alex Meadows 11, Mecedes Luna 9, Martha Webb 4, and Morgan Page with 2 points.

The Tigers also remain perfect at 3-0 after knocking off the Pioneers Tuesday night 83 to 63.

DeKalb County jumped out to a 22 to 13 lead by the end of the first period and led by six at the half 44 to 38. The Pioneers trailed by only four points 59 to 55 by the close of the third quarter but the Tigers exploded for 24 points in the fourth period and won 83 to 63.

Destry Wiggins paced the Tigers in scoring with 20 points. Hunter Poteete had 13. Payne Denman and Seth Willoughby each had 12. Abram Edwards 10. Zach Neal 6 and Daniel Stanley and Sonni Young each scored 5 points.

DeKalb County will participate in the Cannon County Thanksgiving Classic Friday and Saturday in Woodbury.

The Lady Tigers will take on Bledsoe County for the second time within a week starting at 1:30 p.m. and the Tigers will rematch the Warriors at 3:00 p.m.

On Saturday morning the Lady Tigers will meet Hickman County at 9:00 a.m. followed by the Tigers and Hickman County at 10:30 a.m.

WJLE will broadcast those games LIVE.

3-0 for the Lady Tigers, this team is playing with lots of confidence and the girls are enjoying the game again. Good luck this weekend @ Cannon Co., great crowd last night @ the warren Co. game, it was a great atmosphere for high school basketball. Coach Cope has the girls and the community believing, keep up the good work coach.

It was an awesome crowd last night for sure. I don't think anyone there last night didn't get there money's worth. Double overtime and to finish it off with a big shot being hit to seal the win. It is great to finally have a good reason for the community to get behind this team. Keep it up Coach Cope! It appears it was a great hire made as far as fit was concerned for this team. Maybe we can forget about some of the other "not so good" hires now and just move forward. It is the first time this team has started 3-0 in a loooooong time.