What do you think will happen with DeKalb's new coach?

TigerPride23

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Cope should be considered for coach of the year in this district. I know most of the time it goes to Coaches whose team looks like they could go to the state tourney. As our district always does go there this year it is agreed that it is a tad down. Cope ended the streak, double digit wins, and most of all has proven to these girls that you can win. A coach who can get a group of girls who have seen 3 coaches now and can pull them together like this deserves the award.

Oh Kitty Kitty,

I love Dc basketball just as much as you i am sure just I dont get radio and court side seats. But to say Coach Cope is district coach of the year, is a little ealry, they have only won one district game and have struggled in others. Yes they are getting better but the real caoch of the year is the person who gave us this great schedule of non-district games this season. Yes the lady tigers are better but I am not just sold on this deal yet, only time will tell.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. This is the same schedule Dekalb has played for years and years. Swept Warren county for the first time in years, got 13 wins with 8 games remaining, and broke a 10 year district losing streak that 6 other coaches could not do. So what does not having courtside seats and a radio have to do with anything. It would be silly to purchase courtside seats when you get in free with your pass. This is the exact same team and exact same schedule that only won 5 games last year, and 5 had been the most games won in a season since the 90's. So say what you want but you or none of the other coaches @ Dekalb have came close to what this years team has accomplished.

No offense intended, but the COY will not go to a coach from a team with 2 district wins (yes you will beat Smith again).

COY will land with one of the top three.

Congrats on the year so far though, really neat that it's turning around down there. BTW, Woodward (hope thats right), was a signee before the new coach, again no offense intended. Congrats.

No offense taken - Woodward got offered a scholarship Nov. 29 of 2009 and signed Dec. 2009, long after Coach Cope arrived. The signing was in our local papers and Coach Cope was beside her the day of the signing. He was in contact with the coaches from Freed and sent films to over 10 colleges. Woodward was not a signee until December and that is a fact.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• He resigned smh, and have you ever heard of charged but not convicted. Some people in this county baffle me with their need to slander others. Have you asked any of the 30+ parents that signed a petition to get him reinstated at the board meeting this week how they feel about this? Just let it play out, at the end of the day the only people that will bring TC back are the ones that know what its about at its core.    People hate losing and they aren't used to it at TC. I for 1, and I'm sure others too, understand having a dip in talent and not being able to compete for a state title every year. But in the past, TC teams have outworked more talented teams, they didn't continuously lose the turnover battle, they didn't commit 8+ penalties in several games each season, and I believe several of the folks in town that want Blake out feel as if he is neglecting the history of the program. This is from a source that used to be extremely close to the program (not me lol), Blake gets out of school midday and the players show up and there is no practice plan or itinerary.  I also understand those that are on team Blake, when he has loads of talent, he wins. He does know football and he is a tremendous DC, and if the rumors are true then he will do great things. As for the board member issue, it is what it is, everyone that's true to the county know that and nothing has changed. I agree though that they should strive to make the facilities as good as we can. And as far as potential candidates, I agree there is very few options. West, Vetetoe (yes I know), and couple others that could have some interest. Whatever happens is massive for the program during a pivotal time before the next big wave of stars make their way through. 
    • McKenzie had no trouble with Huntingdon.  
    • Has BA landed any cornfed cowboys to block up front?
    • Yea I agree I will say tho I was a big “ v “ fan if an  opening ever did happen I think it would’ve been good to see him have a shot coming from a power house like Oakland. I’m sure he’s learned a lot from Kevin.  I bet he would bring a really good offense scheme IMO But after all this I just dunno anymore.  Whatever happens with the rumors an such if it did come to and opening I think this messes it all up.  The board members dreams are slowly slipping away now. I haven’t lived there for awhile I just hear what I hear, but my question is would there be any good potential candidates?? That’s why I don’t understand why people want b s out so bad who else could do any better ?? IMO there’s nothing attractive about it? As I stated earlier I went to the last game last year and taking a leak in a porta Potty is pretty sad and still nothing being done they say .. 
    • I have a sophomore that can do 177 (preferred) or 192. Sent you an email.