Unicoi County vs Goodpasture

doodle_bug_1111

Hmmmm, Im not a GP follower but ill give it a shot. Acording to GP schedule they are 41-4-1. Looks like i missed one. Not being a GP follower it is possibel that someone else pitched 1 or 2 of these games but for the sake of argument here ya go.......

Mar. 17 Huntsville (AL) N Nike Gulf Coast Classic L 0-1

Mar. 18 Oak Mountain (Al) N Nike Gulf Coast Classic L 0-3

Apr. 18 #1 Trinity Christian N Franklin/Sonic Championship L 0-1

Thu May. 21 #1 Unicoi Co. N Class AA State 5PM at Mboro Starplex L 1-2

The tie came was Apr. 11 Mercy Academy (Ga) N Soddy Daisy Classic T 2-2

You're funny. Let's make it simple: The question is, was she 'the pitcher of record?' My opinion is she's lost 2: Trinity Christian and UC.

I have seen them play and they played very well. Their pitching does not dominate but relys on a defense that doesn't make mistakes which is not a problem and a good pitcher could easily work her way through that line-up other than Cartwright. The rest of the batters might put up one run on a solid team like Unicoi, but if you take Kelsey Cartwright out of that dugout Goodpasture is not the same team and in my opinion does not compete for state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is silly. How 'bout we take your best player out, too, then??? Or, how 'bout we make y'all bat with the wrong end of the bat? That'd about 'even it up,' wouldn't it? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldnt GP be the underdog you ask.... I cant answer that question. But acording to all the Mid TN experts when spring fling started everyone else should have just congratulated GP on their State Championship and saved alot of $$$ traveling...

Again, im not a GP follower so I cant say if she pitched all the losses or not. But then again, if she is all that and a bag of chips one can only ######-ume she was pitching. Does GP even have another pitcher?

fastpitchdad,

You still don't get the point. I didn't say that you guys didn't travel or play good teams. I've said before that imo Goodpasture was one of the two best AA teams in this state. I wouldn't begin to say that Goodpasture was not a quality opponent for anyone. What I said was that Unicoi plays good teams against quality opponents too. Yet you think you deserve respect but somehow Unicoi dosen't because they don't consistently come to middle tn or chattanooga & play in the same areas that you do. You may not mean it as being anything personal, and I've tried not to take it that way. But you've made it very clear that you don't respect the U even though (I believe) most people would say they've earned it, not by winning one game, but by tournament victories against great teams for several years both in and out of tn and a consistent hard work ethic and winning record. It's a fool who dosen't respect their opponents. Nothing personal.

fastpitchdad,

You still don't get the point. I didn't say that you guys didn't travel or play good teams. I've said before that imo Goodpasture was one of the two best AA teams in this state. I wouldn't begin to say that Goodpasture was not a quality opponent for anyone. What I said was that Unicoi plays good teams against quality opponents too. Yet you think you deserve respect but somehow Unicoi dosen't because they don't consistently come to middle tn or chattanooga & play in the same areas that you do. You may not mean it as being anything personal, and I've tried not to take it that way. But you've made it very clear that you don't respect the U even though (I believe) most people would say they've earned it, not by winning one game, but by tournament victories against great teams for several years both in and out of tn and a consistent hard work ethic and winning record. It's a fool who dosen't respect their opponents. Nothing personal.

UC WON MY DAUGHTER ALI GARDNER GOT THE 2 HR,S IN THE TOURNEY. I THANK GOD AND ALL THAT SUPPORTED OUR TEAM THRU HER SENIOR YEAR AND YES THAT HR TODAY WAS BIG MAY HAVE WON THE GAME BUT ITS STILL THE UC TEAM THAT WON AND IT TAKES ALL . THERE IS NO I IN TEAM AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT GP WAS AN ALMOST PERFECT TEAM . YOU HAVE TO LOVE ALL THESE GIRLS FOR THE DETERMINATION AND SWEAT AND WILLPOWER THAT THEY PUT FORTH . GOOD LUCK TO ALL GP PLAYERS IN THE FUTURE & AND GOOD LUCK TO OURS . WE HAD ONE HECK OF A CELEBRATION HERE IN ERWIN WITHOUT THE HELP OF OUR CITY OFFICIALS . THANK YOU KENT HARRIS THE UNICOI COUNTY SHERRIFF FOR ENGINEERING A GREAT HOMECOMING!

UC WON MY DAUGHTER ALI GARDNER GOT THE 2 HR,S IN THE TOURNEY. I THANK GOD AND ALL THAT SUPPORTED OUR TEAM THRU HER SENIOR YEAR AND YES THAT HR TODAY WAS BIG MAY HAVE WON THE GAME BUT ITS STILL THE UC TEAM THAT WON AND IT TAKES ALL . THERE IS NO I IN TEAM AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT GP WAS AN ALMOST PERFECT TEAM . YOU HAVE TO LOVE ALL THESE GIRLS FOR THE DETERMINATION AND SWEAT AND WILLPOWER THAT THEY PUT FORTH . GOOD LUCK TO ALL GP PLAYERS IN THE FUTURE & AND GOOD LUCK TO OURS . WE HAD ONE HECK OF A CELEBRATION HERE IN ERWIN WITHOUT THE HELP OF OUR CITY OFFICIALS . THANK YOU KENT HARRIS THE UNICOI COUNTY SHERRIFF FOR ENGINEERING A GREAT HOMECOMING!

Hope you aint got any overdue "City" parking tickets!

You are wrong about not gettnig out of "my area." We played in the Morristown tournament this year and that is "up past Knoxville." We also played in the Soddy and MTSCA (Clarksville) Tournaments this year. We travel out of our area on a regular basis. It would be very easy to stay within a 30-40 mile radius of our school for tournaments but Coach chooses not to. Look it's nothing personal, but to gain the respect of areas outside of upper East TN you need venture outside of your area.

Good luck to all!

Congrats to getting out of your area, Did not see you Championship day at Morristown. Must have been pretty good compitition, Huh!

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Would also like to Thank the Town Of Erwin Fire Department Chief Randy Trivett, For letting the town see your pretty fire truck. Ever sence my eldest played Little League, we have always rode the big fancy truck, just because you have a chip on your shoulder for one of the Caoches/Parents you show your hin-end, and say the girls cant ride. Thank you goes out to the Lil ol Volunteer Fire Departments for the support and help! Randy hope you can sleep well at night. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Would also like to Thank the Town Of Erwin Fire Department Chief Randy Trivett, For letting the town see your pretty fire truck. Ever sence my eldest played Little League, we have always rode the big fancy truck, just because you have a chip on your shoulder for one of the Caoches/Parents you show your hin-end, and say the girls cant ride. Thank you goes out to the Lil ol Volunteer Fire Departments for the support and help! Randy hope you can sleep well at night. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Am I reading this correctly? Trivette wouldn't honor the girls.

Is so time to start looking for a new city recorder.

You are wrong about not gettnig out of "my area." We played in the Morristown tournament this year and that is "up past Knoxville." We also played in the Soddy and MTSCA (Clarksville) Tournaments this year. We travel out of our area on a regular basis. It would be very easy to stay within a 30-40 mile radius of our school for tournaments but Coach chooses not to. Look it's nothing personal, but to gain the respect of areas outside of upper East TN you need venture outside of your area.

Good luck to all!

Looks like you should come a little further East to play tournaments.

Am I reading this correctly? Trivette wouldn't honor the girls.

Is so time to start looking for a new city recorder.

You heard it wright, and Brushy Lewis was in on it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Notice Him and Kent hang out no longer also.

This is silly. How 'bout we take your best player out, too, then??? Or, how 'bout we make y'all bat with the wrong end of the bat? That'd about 'even it up,' wouldn't it? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

What i was saying is if you don't let Cartwright beat you and you put up two or more runs Goodpasture won't win. As you saw Unicoi accomplished this and won two out of three games against Goodpasture. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You were very confident in your team, which is a good thing but even you knew this team can't win if Cartwright doesn't play her best. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />