Semii-Finals

RIVDALESOCCRDAD

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CBHS claims another. I've seen both teams play this year. Christian Brothers is faster at every position and just play a better brand of soccer. Father Ryan is strong enough on D to keep it close.

Brentwood / Farragut is way too close to call. I'm not sure who is better as I only saw both teams early in the season. Although I'm rooting for Brentwood to go back to back. I think Hendersonville will ultimately be the second best team this year making Farragut #1.

Does anyone have the Farragut- Cleveland score?

Farragut 2-0

Not as close as the score indicated. AND Cleveland's goalie, Adam Gonzalez, is the reason why. He is easily the best goalie I have seen play against Farragut this year. He alone kept the game close stopping at least three "for-sure" scores. Farragut really had Cleveland on the ropes the whole game; getting to the ball faster, winning 50-50??™s, possession time, pretty much all aspects of the game (they just couldn??™t finish, at least not until ????™s of game has gone by). As the offense kept pressuring, Farragut??™s back-line prevented anything of real consequence from getting to Matlock. Incredible group of defenders, if one gets beat, there is always someone to back them up, and many times two filling in the gap frustrating the opponent??™s offense; they just did not let anything develop, as they stymied any attack brought to them.

Mid-way through second half Farragut finally broke through with a Klarner chip shot over Adam's head, an unfortunate goal against this phenomenal goalie, as he seemed to be out of position and couldn't back petal quick enough to knock over the bar. Farragut hit Cleveland with a barrage of Grieco throw-ins and Marshal corners. In the midst of chaos with as many as 18 bodies in the box, Gonzalez consistently either picked off the ball or knocked it out. Waymon finally converted one of the corners for the second goal of game. Farragut also had a goal taken away on an off-sides call. After a long discussion between center ref and AR, goal was reversed. That off-side was only one of at least a dozen called against the Admirals. Several yellow cards were shown as well.

Didn??™t get to see much of the Brentwood Bearden game, but the little I did catch, Brentwood was controlling play. It should be a good one on Saturday.

CBHS claims another. I've seen both teams play this year. Christian Brothers is faster at every position and just play a better brand of soccer. Father Ryan is strong enough on D to keep it close.

Brentwood / Farragut is way too close to call. I'm not sure who is better as I only saw both teams early in the season. Although I'm rooting for Brentwood to go back to back. I think Hendersonville will ultimately be the second best team this year making Farragut #1.

The second best team will be the team who doesn't win on Saturday.

Guest GreatGreenGrundleGrabber

I watched all of the Brentwood/Bearden game.

Brentwood really controlled the second half. After a couple of shaky moments the backline was solid the majority of the game, anchored by the big man Chase Hargis. Brentwood's subs were also a key difference in the match, with Matt England and Taylor Levine injecting new life into the team.

I'll go with Brentwood on saturday mainly because their subs really can work magic.

5th best in the nation according to ESPNrise.

I didn't realize that they moved that high. That is crazy! I wonder what that is based on? I watched last night and the kids were not that big and the foot skills didn't impress me either. Not to take away from their outstanding season. Also the parents and crowd for Cleveland were very classy. Thanks for the update.

I wonder what that is based on?

I think we all know that polls like USA today and ESPN and other "ranking" systems have no real way to compare teams across state lines or areas of the country. I seemed to remember that Maryville was listed in the top of USA Today's national football rankings one year, but we all know there are 30 football teams in Florida and Georgia that would beat the best that Tennessee high school football has to offer. Soccer is no different.

As a Farragut fan, I think we have a tremendous team and the team is definitely the best team in AAA this year and will likely be next year. But does that mean that our team is one of the top 50 in the country just because the team is listed on ESPN? I think not. So whether we talk about Farragut, Cleveland, Bearden, CAK, Brentwood or any other good soccer team this year, we need to be more discerning.

I think we are kidding ourselves to think that any high school soccer team from Tennessee, no matter how good, is going to be in the top 50 in the country. If we were all candid, we would all admit that there are probably 50 teams from Florida, Texas and California alone that would win the AAA Tennessee High school soccer championship.

What matters to me is what happens on the field Saturday against Brentwood. Go Admirals!

I think we all know that polls like USA today and ESPN and other "ranking" systems have no real way to compare teams across state lines or areas of the country. I seemed to remember that Maryville was listed in the top of USA Today's national football rankings one year, but we all know there are 30 football teams in Florida and Georgia that would beat the best that Tennessee high school football has to offer. Soccer is no different.

As a Farragut fan, I think we have a tremendous team and the team is definitely the best team in AAA this year and will likely be next year. But does that mean that our team is one of the top 50 in the country just because the team is listed on ESPN? I think not. So whether we talk about Farragut, Cleveland, Bearden, CAK, Brentwood or any other good soccer team this year, we need to be more discerning.

I think we are kidding ourselves to think that any high school soccer team from Tennessee, no matter how good, is going to be in the top 50 in the country. If we were all candid, we would all admit that there are probably 50 teams from Florida, Texas and California alone that would win the AAA Tennessee High school soccer championship.

What matters to me is what happens on the field Saturday against Brentwood. Go Admirals!

Why do you say that? Have you seen these teams?