Riverdale vs. Beech - State Finals

WarriorFireBird

Riverdale's best game was today. They did it the hard way coming out of the losers bracket. They had the MO! Their bats got sharper by the game which was very similar to their summer team coming out of the losers bracket to win the championship. If there ever was a Cinderella story, this one is it. Nobody in the press or other teams gave them a chance and the girls were motivated to prove everyone wrong. The lineup produced as if they were on a mission. The inspiration came from the coaches and they let their game do the talking while under the lead of sophomore pitcher Samantha Hoadwanic. Stories like these come once in a lifetime if ever for most folks and this story brings back the memory of the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Nobody gave them a chance either especially after getting shellacked by Russia in a tournament a week before Lake Placid 7-2. Guts and determination were at the core of this win and I hope this championship shows all the softball girls out there that even when the chips are down you can dig your way out if you want it bad enough. My hat is off to these kids because there was no STAR player to speak of but just a bunch of talented girls that came together as a team and took it to their competition when it counted.

Congratulations Warriors! Words cannot describe what you have just accomplished and the media will be making several attempts to explain what just happened themselves. Maybe they'll get it right today... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh yeah, almost forgot... Pound that drum as loud and often as you please.

Cinderella story? Bull Hockey, they were rated in the state all year....great team....did what it took! But please, dont start actin like ya'll wasnt good all year....ya'll aint no surprise.....If you didnt think ya'll was good, all you had to do was purchase/read a Warrior News Journal......That paper is the most bias i've ever seen..........Dont be all humble now.....I sat next to some people Friday nite that were the most arrogant, know it all, my sh*** dont stink people i've ever been around....thank goodness Rdale won for their pitiful selfs.....

But Congrats to the girls on a great job!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale's best game was today. They did it the hard way coming out of the losers bracket. They had the MO! Their bats got sharper by the game which was very similar to their summer team coming out of the losers bracket to win the championship. If there ever was a Cinderella story, this one is it. Nobody in the press or other teams gave them a chance and the girls were motivated to prove everyone wrong. The lineup produced as if they were on a mission. The inspiration came from the coaches and they let their game do the talking while under the lead of sophomore pitcher Samantha Hoadwanic. Stories like these come once in a lifetime if ever for most folks and this story brings back the memory of the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Nobody gave them a chance either especially after getting shellacked by Russia in a tournament a week before Lake Placid 7-2. Guts and determination were at the core of this win and I hope this championship shows all the softball girls out there that even when the chips are down you can dig your way out if you want it bad enough. My hat is off to these kids because there was no STAR player to speak of but just a bunch of talented girls that came together as a team and took it to their competition when it counted.

Congratulations Warriors! Words cannot describe what you have just accomplished and the media will be making several attempts to explain what just happened themselves. Maybe they'll get it right today... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Heaven help us, are we going to have to listen to this garbage?

Cinderella story? Bull Hockey, they were rated in the state all year....great team....did what it took! But please, dont start actin like ya'll wasnt good all year....ya'll aint no surprise.....If you didnt think ya'll was good, all you had to do was purchase/read a Warrior News Journal......That paper is the most bias i've ever seen..........Dont be all humble now.....I sat next to some people Friday nite that were the most arrogant, know it all, my sh*** dont stink people i've ever been around....thank goodness Rdale won for their pitiful selfs.....

But Congrats to the girls on a great job!

Oh they were rated during the season but nobody gave them a chance going up against Soddy while the Tennessean had already gift wrapped the trophy and was handing it to Beech in an article this past week. The DNJ believed they had a shot to get to the dance but the sophomore pitcher wasn't getting any press to speak of while Kat for Beech was the marked queen and rightly so but the nod given to Beech was unbelievable even by redneck standards. Siegel had handed Riverdale a few losses this year and everyone jumped on that bandwagon to put Riverdale in the ditch. Siegel did a great job this year and hats off to the coach. She's brought them to a level to compete on the highest level for sure. Accolades were there for Riverdale but anyone who was deeply involved in the game heard the whispers as well as the taunts and the media bought in as well.

So, based on your post, it's obvious what bias you have and just how juvenile your thought processes are but that's ok, this is a high school website only most of the kids on here have a lot more class... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Cheer up, crow is good with bar b que sauce.. i've had some myself over the years. You learn to eat anything when you are force fed.

I AM SO PROUD OF MY LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT A GREAT SEASON I am so proud of the hard work you ladies have put in it to reach your goal....I am very proud of our SRs that have led this team to reach their goal...after a disappointing season last year they bounced back to reach their goal GREAT JOB LADIES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RIVERDALE LADY WARRIOR SOFTBALL TEAM IS YOUR 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS YEAH!!!!!!

I AM SO PROUD OF MY LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT A GREAT SEASON I am so proud of the hard work you ladies have put in it to reach your goal....I am very proud of our SRs that have led this team to reach their goal...after a disappointing season last year they bounced back to reach their goal GREAT JOB LADIES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RIVERDALE LADY WARRIOR SOFTBALL TEAM IS YOUR 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS YEAH!!!!!!

Now thats AWESOME! GO WARRIORS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Quote from the Beech coach in today's Tennessean:

Last year we left knowing we had been beaten by a better team,??? said Beech Coach David Woods, whose team lost to Ooltewah in the 2008. ???But this year we kind of leave feeling like the best team didn??™t win the tournament. ???However, Riverdale was the better team over the past two days and took advantage of the opportunities that we gave them.

In the school of class and gentlemen-ship, no matter what you are thinking, when the time comes for you to comment about the team that just beat you, you ALWAYS tip your hat and say the better team won when you are the coach. Speculations of who is the better team should come from fan opinions plain and simple. Showing class is a hard thing to do but it is expected from the coaches. The comment by the coach suggests Riverdale was lucky. LUCKY?

"Banks (34-3), a Virginia Tech commitment, finished with six strikeouts, while giving up seven hits and three walks. Eight of the nine runs were earned. After being held to one hit and no runs in Beech??™s 6-0 win on Wednesday, the Lady Warriors hammered Banks for 16 hits and 12 earned runs in back-to-back wins." the Tennessean today.

The stats above speak for themselves. Let's just say that comments like those above from the coach were directly responsible for the end result at the fling. Everybody wants respect and when you are not getting it, some people have the will to fight for it. Riverdale earned everyone's respect that mattered yesterday when they hammered Beech in the ground. Riverdale adjusted at the plate and the pitcher didn't know how to adjust to it plain and simple. Pitchers have a bad habit of not wanting to change what they are doing when they have been told how great they are over and over. They want to do it all themselves by trying to strike everybody out rather than pitch for grounders or pop ups and placing the ball where it won't get hammered. Pitchers that are still learning will make the needed adjustments as long as someone is there they will listen to which brings to memory one of the best ever to win a championship that never got respect. Her name was Erin Haggard from Dickson county. Not a lot of speed but adequate and she used her brain and skills to defeat the best teams, not just athletic ability. To me, that is a David and Goliath situation I find much more admirable.

So let's be fair here and give Riverdale their due. This team played as a team when it counted with each one of them looking over thier shoulder at their teammates showing support. After all, it's not about one player but the whole team and that's where championships come from.

They got it right as I knew they would...

DNJ article Riverdale

Congratualations to Coaches Breeden and Weave and the Riverdale players. They are a class act and the title is well deserved.

I logged on to make that one simple statement but after reading era's post.......Come on, the 1980 hockey team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Anyone that follows fastpitch in Tennessee knows that Riverdale is always competative and as long as they have their current coaching staff will compete for championships.

Congratualations to Coaches Breeden and Weave and the Riverdale players. They are a class act and the title is well deserved.

I logged on to make that one simple statement but after reading era's post.......Come on, the 1980 hockey team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Anyone that follows fastpitch in Tennessee knows that Riverdale is always competative and as long as they have their current coaching staff will compete for championships.

When will they start filming the movie????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh they were rated during the season but nobody gave them a chance going up against Soddy while the Tennessean had already gift wrapped the trophy and was handing it to Beech in an article this past week. The DNJ believed they had a shot to get to the dance but the sophomore pitcher wasn't getting any press to speak of while Kat for Beech was the marked queen and rightly so but the nod given to Beech was unbelievable even by redneck standards. Siegel had handed Riverdale a few losses this year and everyone jumped on that bandwagon to put Riverdale in the ditch. Siegel did a great job this year and hats off to the coach. She's brought them to a level to compete on the highest level for sure. Accolades were there for Riverdale but anyone who was deeply involved in the game heard the whispers as well as the taunts and the media bought in as well.

So, based on your post, it's obvious what bias you have and just how juvenile your thought processes are but that's ok, this is a high school website only most of the kids on here have a lot more class... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Cheer up, crow is good with bar b que sauce.. i've had some myself over the years. You learn to eat anything when you are force fed.

And now we know what the "A" in ERA stands for....DNJ believing they had a shot? Please....that paper is so far up ya'lls b**t over there they dont cover anything else in the county.....God forbid anything bad happen to that school, DNJ would be outta bizness, and as far as I'm concerned, they could be....Tennessean also....I dont eat crow, I'm adult enough to congratulate good teams having goods seasons when they happen....We had a good season, Riverdale had a great season and siegel had a great season....But anyone that had seen Riverdale play the last few weeks, that is not biased as you, would see they had the best games of their lives this week, and that is the way it should be! Lifetime memories for those girls and all that didnt make it that far....

Congrats to all those teams in the state tourny.....

Quote from the Beech coach in today's Tennessean:

In the school of class and gentlemen-ship, no matter what you are thinking, when the time comes for you to comment about the team that just beat you, you ALWAYS tip your hat and say the better team won when you are the coach. Speculations of who is the better team should come from fan opinions plain and simple. Showing class is a hard thing to do but it is expected from the coaches. The comment by the coach suggests Riverdale was lucky. LUCKY?

The stats above speak for themselves. Let's just say that comments like those above from the coach were directly responsible for the end result at the fling. Everybody wants respect and when you are not getting it, some people have the will to fight for it. Riverdale earned everyone's respect that mattered yesterday when they hammered Beech in the ground. Riverdale adjusted at the plate and the pitcher didn't know how to adjust to it plain and simple. Pitchers have a bad habit of not wanting to change what they are doing when they have been told how great they are over and over. They want to do it all themselves by trying to strike everybody out rather than pitch for grounders or pop ups and placing the ball where it won't get hammered. Pitchers that are still learning will make the needed adjustments as long as someone is there they will listen to which brings to memory one of the best ever to win a championship that never got respect. Her name was Erin Haggard from Dickson county. Not a lot of speed but adequate and she used her brain and skills to defeat the best teams, not just athletic ability. To me, that is a David and Goliath situation I find much more admirable.

So let's be fair here and give Riverdale their due. This team played as a team when it counted with each one of them looking over thier shoulder at their teammates showing support. After all, it's not about one player but the whole team and that's where championships come from.

And I missed where it is written in law,what YOU think.. is always right! With all your holyness you mite wanna change your name here!

ok, comparing Riverdale to the "MIRACLE" hockey team is a long shot. but MANY did doubt that the Warriors could even get to the big dance in the boro. MANY were shocked when they beat Soddy. and FEW gave them credit for being the better team. then all the "pre-dance" media did everything but go ahead and fedex the 1st place trophy to Beech. it's typical for the media/fans to pick a tournament favorite, but to say that this was going to be the easiest state tournament in years and Beech would win easily...was pretty shocking. yes, Beech is a very talented team from the top of the lineup to the very bottom, and they have been nationally ranked all year. Beech should have been picked tournament favorite, but they shouldn't have been prematurely named AAA state champs. point being, Riverdale came out with a chip on their shoulder and wanted to prove everyone wrong. They knew what they were capable of, and they also knew that their rollercoaster season might have given everyone doubts which made them the underdogs going into the championship game. After losing to Beech wednesday night 6-0, not many teams could bounce back. Riverdale bounced back and some. So, giving credit where credit is due...CONGRATS to the Riverdale Warriors for beating Beech not once, but twice in less than 24 hours. It's tough to beat a nationally ranked team once, but you girls did it twice! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />