Finals

Stoat

2-0 Farragut over Brentwood

6 minutes in, Grieco throw-in header to cross bar, Stinton heads in rebound.. 15 mins in, another Grieco throw-in, Kllarner puts one in off of rebound. 2-0 half, all Farragut.

Final 2-0. Brentwood never really put anything constructive, resorting to long ball. Difficult to be successful with Muth, Wayman and Stinton controlling 90% of balls in air. Matlock had to make only one real save opportunity, rest cleared away by back-line.

Defense really stepped it up this tourney. No team scored on them trough District, Regions, Sub-States and States (I'm told the Mo West was an own goal).

TSSAA should rethink the "blind-draw" approach. Farragut played the toughest opponent in first round, followed by the 5th rank team in nation. Beat the best to claim the title is always good, but makes for an upside down draw.

Congrats Admirals, job well done!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes in, Grieco throw-in header to cross bar, Stinton heads in rebound.. 15 mins in, another Grieco throw-in, Kllarner puts one in off of rebound. 2-0 half, all Farragut.

Final 2-0. Brentwood never really put anything constructive, resorting to long ball. Difficult to be successful with Muth, Wayman and Stinton controlling 90% of balls in air. Matlock had to make only one real save opportunity, rest cleared away by back-line.

Defense really stepped it up this tourney. No team scored on them trough District, Regions, Sub-States and States (I'm told the Mo West was an own goal).

TSSAA should rethink the "blind-draw" approach. Farragut played the toughest opponent in first round, followed by the 5th rank team in nation. Beat the best to claim the title is always good, but makes for an upside down draw.

Congrats Admirals, job well done!

Okay, its driving me crazy that everyone is saying that Clevland is the fifth best team in the nation. I watched them play against kingsbury, they are not top five in tennessee, let alone the nation. Farragut, Bearden, Hendersonville, Brentwood, Ravenwood, any of those team would take care of them. Their schedule was nothing special. They are a great team, but not close to nationally ranked.

Okay, its driving me crazy that everyone is saying that Clevland is the fifth best team in the nation. I watched them play against kingsbury, they are not top five in tennessee, let alone the nation. Farragut, Bearden, Hendersonville, Brentwood, Ravenwood, any of those team would take care of them. Their schedule was nothing special. They are a great team, but not close to nationally ranked.

My point was regardless if they were appropriately rated or not, Farragut still had to play a team that garnered that consideration after the year Cleveland had. End result, Cleveland did show its vulnerabilities, BUT even so, an undefeated team in TN did get ranked very high and was put in the, arguably, tougher draw.

none of all of this matters. what matters is that two teams who deserved to be in the finals got to the finals with hard work, determination, and a lot of heart. Congrats to Farragut for the win, and congrats to brentwood for proving many people wrong. Great game, and a great season to all of the teams. Looking forward to seeing it all unfold next year.

Don't let it drive you crazy...they are not. Someone ranked them this way. End of story.