Middle and West Tennessee Doubters

doodle_bug_1111

You know you are absolutely correct. The sad thing is that most fans across the state will never know anything at all about Unicoi except what is said on these boards about them. Those ladies worked hard and knocked off GP...something no one has been able to do in the last 6 years....that's an accomplishment no one can take away from them and they should be proud. But, in the next year the casual sports fan when asked what they know about Unicoi will remember they won the state championship yes, but they will also remember that someone claiming to be a part of their fanbase/team were classless when it came to that win. Bad to paint a whole community with the same brush as a few classless immature posters, but mark my words....it'll be remembered.

Lions4ever: I hope my comments on this site have not been classless. I've tried very hard to post what I believe based on logic, common sense, and without the intent to offend. So I'll have to disagree with your post here. I believe that there are many, many, many softball fans in this state that know a lot about the Unicoi softball team besides what they read on coach t. In fact, I believe that there are a lot more people that know about the Unicoi softball team than those that know about coach t. (Sorry Coach T - nothing personal!!) Again, come up to upper e. tn and ask around-most everyone up here knows about the U and they have a lot of respect for the program. I'd say some folks from your part of the state know a lot more about them now too and it has nothing to do with coach t.!!! And by the way, we'll remember how they painted their whole communities with their classless comments as well.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I BEG TO DIFFER I SAW A FEW OF THEM WADDLE FROM THE CONCESSION STAND TO SEE WHAT A WELL BEHAVED AND CLASSY BUNCH OF UNICOI COUNTIANS WERE DOING ................................... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Well then you need to rethink your comments if you are classy. Waddle, now your implying that the Mom's or Dad's that you claim came over there are fat. People walk and penguins waddle! The Beech fans and girls are classy and respectful.

Unicoi County and the double horseshoes have been playing a high level of baseball and softball for a very long time. The first time I saw the baseball team play was at a state tourney in the mid 90s. That same year the 13-15 yr old state softball tourney was in Erwin, Tn. I coached the Madison team in that tourney and our experience there was very positive. The newspaper covered the tourney and the officials running the tourney and umpires were great people. I ran into some Unicoi people in 2002 at the Eastman Kodak tourney when I assisted at Goodpasture. I was suprized that they remembered me by name and how welcoming they were. The Lady Devils followed the course for success over the years with strong development leagues, dedicated adult leadership and good work ethic. This year it paid off. Congratulations on your state title. I was with the Goodpasture assistant coach on Saturday afternoon and his comments were that the Unicoi team won with class and acted like they had been there before. Good luck in the future and keep working hard at this game.

Unicoi County and the double horseshoes have been playing a high level of baseball and softball for a very long time. The first time I saw the baseball team play was at a state tourney in the mid 90s. That same year the 13-15 yr old state softball tourney was in Erwin, Tn. I coached the Madison team in that tourney and our experience there was very positive. The newspaper covered the tourney and the officials running the tourney and umpires were great people. I ran into some Unicoi people in 2002 at the Eastman Kodak tourney when I assisted at Goodpasture. I was suprized that they remembered me by name and how welcoming they were. The Lady Devils followed the course for success over the years with strong development leagues, dedicated adult leadership and good work ethic. This year it paid off. Congratulations on your state title. I was with the Goodpasture assistant coach on Saturday afternoon and his comments were that the Unicoi team won with class and acted like they had been there before. Good luck in the future and keep working hard at this game.

i just wanted to say thank you to this man because nobody else is giving our little hometown of Erwin any credit. Yes the girls were happy (wouldnt anyone be??) but they played with class and just because some people get a little crazy on here and at the games doesnt mean we dont have any class up here. Unicoi is a great place to watch some very good sports teams play. The baseball team and softball teams came up through Hall of Fame coach Charlie Baxter. He has always taught his players to play with class no matter what the crowd is doin. ( i played under him for 2 years before tearing my rotator cuff) so just because someone is on here bein a little cocky doesnt mean yall should just judge us all. and once again i would just like to congradulate the Unicoi County Lady Blue Devils on a job well done. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You people are exactly what is wrong with this sport today. These girls worked their tails off, obviously (I do not know either team or any of the players, but you don't get to State Finals in anything by sitting on the couch watching CSI). I would just bet that these girls have a million times the class than any of you that have been posting.

Congratulations both teams for a huge accomplishment. Please don't "grow up" to turn into these people.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well then you need to rethink your comments if you are classy. Waddle, now your implying that the Mom's or Dad's that you claim came over there are fat. People walk and penguins waddle! The Beech fans and girls are classy and respectful.

NO THEY WERE WADDLING NOT A FAT WADDLING BUT A CUTE LITTLE WADDLE AS A MATTER OF FACT SOME WERE REAL CUTE NOT MAKING FUN AT ALL.......FAT WAS NOT MENTIONED .I AM RATHER FAT BUT CUTE FAT U HEAR MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO THEY WERE WADDLING NOT A FAT WADDLING BUT A CUTE LITTLE WADDLE AS A MATTER OF FACT SOME WERE REAL CUTE NOT MAKING FUN AT ALL.......FAT WAS NOT MENTIONED .I AM RATHER FAT BUT CUTE FAT U HEAR MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR A HOOT! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He means no harm, though without a doubt he could be in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!