TBCA east showcase roster

NETFan

Most all of you are correct, Riverdaleman I dont know how it is in middle and east tenn. but i know for a fact the the player from west tenn if they are not invited by the coach they will not be pick and some of the kids i know of in the past didnt even have to try out. There are coaches down here that pretty much run the roost and they have kids already on the team. Their are coaches that will make deals to get one of their kids on the team. And it is the same way with the sunbelt team. A lot of it is who has the bigger lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

east is the worst for putting players on this team who shouldnt be picked.coaches are a joke always put thier own kids on this team or a KID WHO IS ALWAYS IN TROUBLE who plays for the high school team he coaches.TAYLOR IS THE SAME WAY ,he likes the troubled kid ,remines him of his self.in the east its who you know.and no i"v never had a kid to tryout.just know the people who coaches the east team.REAL WELL !!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

east is the worst for putting players on this team who shouldnt be picked.coaches are a joke always put thier own kids on this team or a KID WHO IS ALWAYS IN TROUBLE who plays for the high school team he coaches.TAYLOR IS THE SAME WAY ,he likes the troubled kid ,remines him of his self.in the east its who you know.and no i"v never had a kid to tryout.just know the people who coaches the east team.REAL WELL !!

Hmmmm? Really?

If I am not mistaken the East Team went undefeated in last years TBCA Showcase or if not I do know they won it.

so what if they did doesnt change anything about the coaches and who they pick they still dont pick anyone but who they know and who played for them on summer teams and the fact taylor is not the kind of coach who makes young men a better as a person.so Hmmmmm ,really ,yep.didnt say that all the players where bad just that it was a big help to the kids who tried out to know the coaches.as any team there are always some players who should not have been on the east team.YORK .kid for one .he wasnt even one of the top players on his h,s team.maybe it helped he played for one of the coaches for years.marsh kid was another .he cant stay out of trouble long enough to to much. plus he played for taylor at clinton.need say more?

Calling kids out saying they should not be on a team on here is plain wrong.Some one should delete this post before the kids read it. We as Americans can do alot better than this and I dont even have a dog in this hunt thank goodness..

Calling kids out saying they should not be on a team on here is plain wrong.Some one should delete this post before the kids read it. We as Americans can do alot better than this and I dont even have a dog in this hunt thank goodness..

well you and your dog should stay on the porch and hush up and read a basspro book,their big boys it wont hurt any feelings plus they know all is true.

You are correct, the East region went undefeated last year and won it for the first time. I do not know what every one is concerned about. There are so many show cases through out Tennessee that these parents can take their kids to and the TBCA isn't necessary the greatest.

I think the best showcase is the one that the Smokies hold each summer. To me, the kids get better reps and are seen by more coaches than at the TBCA.

If a coach knows how well a player did in the season it should matter. There's no way 10 swings, 10 ground balls, a 60 time and some pop times will determine who is the best.

You HAVE to look at the season to select a player. "90% is mental" which means the kids who notice little things preform better, knowing how to pitch to a batter, knowing pitcher's patterns, there are so many in game variables that should factor into who gets selected. I think it is weird that 2 coaches from the same district were on this staff, it should be more spread out and players should try to bring in their stats or something to give the coaches a more in depth look.

Like someone said earlier, of the 40 or however many playes tried out, almost all were eligible according to the TRY-OUT. Look at season stats and i bet you lower the list to the 20ish man roster that you get.

So if that's politics then of course the try-out will be all political.

If a coach knows how well a player did in the season it should matter. There's no way 10 swings, 10 ground balls, a 60 time and some pop times will determine who is the best.

You HAVE to look at the season to select a player. "90% is mental" which means the kids who notice little things preform better, knowing how to pitch to a batter, knowing pitcher's patterns, there are so many in game variables that should factor into who gets selected. I think it is weird that 2 coaches from the same district were on this staff, it should be more spread out and players should try to bring in their stats or something to give the coaches a more in depth look.

Like someone said earlier, of the 40 or however many playes tried out, almost all were eligible according to the TRY-OUT. Look at season stats and i bet you lower the list to the 20ish man roster that you get.

I will give you the fact that it's most difficult for high school coaches to evaluate players in a short period of time. What should happen is the professional & college scouts should both select the team and coach the team. One thing that takes a ton of time is when high school coaches send their whole team and they only have one or two kids that will be able to play at the next level. Stats are not the way to go in the selection process!!!!! There is a major reason the professional & college scouts could care less about a players high school stats!!!!!!! If a player is not good enough to be selected 1st team All District or All Region they have no business on one of these teams.

I will give you the fact that it's most difficult for high school coaches to evaluate players in a short period of time. What should happen is the professional & college scouts should both select the team and coach the team. One thing that takes a ton of time is when high school coaches send their whole team and they only have one or two kids that will be able to play at the next level. Stats are not the way to go in the selection process!!!!! There is a major reason the professional & college scouts could care less about a players high school stats!!!!!!! If a player is not good enough to be selected 1st team All District or All Region they have no business on one of these teams.

Baseball is probably the hardest sport to evaluate talent! In basketball and football, you can look at the athleticism of the kid and be pretty confindent about the player. Most number 1 draft choices in football and basketball have successful careers. In baseball, the number 1 draft choice often has a less than stellar career. Often it is some 4th round draft choice that becomes a superstar.

If pro scouts can't pick the best talent, how do you expect coaches to. Being a parent and having seen many of the kids for years that my son competed against for a high school position, I was disappointed when other less talented players were chosen over my son. However, toward the middle of the school season, my son started playing more, and the less talented players started playing less.

It is hard to discriminate baseball talent in several days or even several weeks. You've just got to see players play over an extended period. Unfortunately, most coaches and even scouts don't have the time. They tend to take players (often their own) that they have seen over an extended period of time.

This always amazes me. For the parents of kids who make TCBA,the process is fine. And those that don't it's "Political."

Great message to send your child. If if it's not given to you, blame others. Don't take this personally,it's the times we live in. No one is responseable for themselves. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That is assuming the best players are chosen for the all district or all region teams, which isn't the case.

Very nice post Riverdale. I was wondering if or are they going to post the roster. I was just thinking by now all of the players have been picked and contacted. Congrats to the players who made the roster.

I see there is still no news on here about the roster....Whats the great big secret?????