Cross Country 2009

TFree1820

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what about A/AA any teamor indivual predictions for them?

Since the three teams that represented the boys from Region 3 last year are all moving to Region 4 (CCS, Notre Dame, and Signal Mountain) as well as Sequatchie County (Dylan Harper) I think it will be wide open, and much watered down. I guess Collegedale can just continue their streak and go for a 4-peat.

Claire Turner will obviously be the girls fav as Red Bank drops to A/AA.

East Hamilton will be the wild card, no teilling who will show up under this new program. This first year school has the potential to be a big impact like SM last year.

and how do you think some teams will fare now that theyve lost many like david lipscomb or macon or any school thats lost their big runners

MLK Boys have a very good chance to get the boys title. They have all but one returning, and one of their strong runners was out with an injury for most of last year.

Any predictions for D-II?

• 2 weeks later...

I've never even heard of them, and I highly doubt they can run with Rainey or McKelvey

Wrong

Maybe I'm seeing something wrong, but here are track and xc PR's for each according to milesplit

Rainey- 1600m- 4:17.48, 2 mile- 9:21, 5k- 15:34.

McKelvey- 1 mile- 4:17.54, 3200m- 9:07, 5k- 15:10.

McKeen- 1600m-4:40, 3200m- 10:05, 5k- 16:31.

Murphy- 1600m- 5:01, 3200m- 10:31.4, 5k- 17:14.8

Maybe the 5k times might be on easier or harder courses, so the times differ, but the track times explain it all...Maybe I'm missing something completely, but McKeen and Murphy won't touch Rainey or McKelvey