Cross Country 2009

TFree1820

Go Dyersburg!

Add St Benedict boys in D-II also.

Boys' Early Season State Predictions:

AAA-Morristown, if they don't peak early and run flat at state.

D-II-McCallie and MBA tight battle.

AA-MLK vs USJC

D-2: Ensworth will be strong, not saying they'll win just that they'll be strong

AAA: i dont know enough about them

A-AA: First who does usjc have? Mlk wins easy...the rest is a toss up MLK will probably take two of top five spots Watch for Tyler Kepley from macon county he'll be top five if not three.. loren newsom will be a contender too... no clear favorite in my opinion it'll be fun to watch... i'm pulling for Tyler to win but we'll see

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC Poll Update:

This weekend showed that Oak Ridge boys and girls can dominate AAA. Houston and Morristown, while missing key people, were still not very impressive.

MBA is a formidable D-II team. Does McCallie have anything to challenge them this year?

Knoxville Catholic will be tough in AA girls race.

The AA state boys' teams are so pathetically weak, who really cares? Eliminate the classification, it's a joke. :popcorneater:

Go Dyersburg!

AA-MLK vs USJC

D-2: Ensworth will be strong, not saying they'll win just that they'll be strong

A-AA: First who does usjc have? Mlk wins easy...the rest is a toss up MLK will probably take two of top five spots Watch for Tyler Kepley from macon county he'll be top five if not three.. loren newsom will be a contender too... no clear favorite in my opinion it'll be fun to watch... i'm pulling for Tyler to win but we'll see

U really seem to know ur stuff, stranger :thumb::roflol::thumb::popcorneater:

Go Dyersburg!

AA-MLK vs USJC

U really seem to know ur stuff, stranger :D:thumb::lol::thumb:

i do i do.. just keep chasing ... A/AA does matter this year yes they are weaker than before but some good runners have come from there and will continue to come from there. and if station camp hadn't of had to move up then that would have added to the depth

Watch out for the RED Bank Boys team to be strong the next three years.There top 5 runners are 2 sophs and 3 freshmen.One of those Freshmen won the Greenway Farms race yesterday and is already going sub 18 on a consistent basis ...they are all so young and are going to get faster !!

hmm future predictions based on freshmen/sophs eh? ok. next year they won't be very good, but in two look out for Oakland. bar injury, they'll have two (current freshies) in the low-mid 16s at worst and two guys in the 17s...i'm not sure about their 5th as one kid has potential and but...

anyways for this year AAA, i'll agree with wiseoldman, Oak Ridge is hands down going to win. MW and Houston competing for 2nd, advantage MW. real close though, and will likely be decided by the 4th and 5th teams which i'm going with Oakland and Farragut. Oakland will get as many as 3 guys in 16s (2 freshies and a senior who's been nursing a on-off groin problem) which can screw with MW and Houston, their mid-17s guy will help, but their 5th is only gonna be low 18s, maybe high 17s...talk about achilles heel

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, top-3 teams by class:

Boys:

A-AA - MLK is the ONLY team, not very strong but nobody at all in AA is strong.

Ryan Graves, no one very good in this race. This classification is so weak.

AAA - Oak Ridge, Morristown West and Brentwood look capable of winning.

Clint McKelvey, John Sharpe, Jake Rainey, Micheal Mansy, Spencer Frantom

D-II - MBA very strong. Ensworth now looking like possibly 2nd best.

Brandon Lord, Michael Peters, Garrett Carmichael, Ryan Hill

Girls:

A-AA - Knoxville Catholic looking dominant.

Megan Ferowich, Miranda Klein

AAA - Oak Ridge, Dobyn's Bennett.

New Science Hill girl

D-II - BA, Baylor battling for top spot with St Benedict among other contenders for top-3.

Kacey Nobert, Aidan Shea, Hannah Jumper, Allison Cheeseman

Any additions, omissions?

Knoxville Catholic is now in AAA. I only know about AAA, but I'd say these look like the favorites:

Boys: Morristown West, especially since Houston's number 1 hasn't run since Twilight. With no frontrunner or 5th man, I wouldn't expect to see Brentwood on the podium.

Rainey hasn't raced in a while, but if he's stayed healthy then he's the favorite. Mansy probably has the next best shot, but I know he missed a little time because of the flu.

Girls: Ferowich...yeah.

Part of the reason Oak Ridge is at the top of the girls rankings is because of the courses they've run, but they still look pretty legit and are probably the favorite.

McKelvey, Sharpe, and Mansy all have a shot at Rainey.

Jake got 2nd overall at Chile Pepper today in 15:06 on a wet course, beaten by the top runner from Missouri.

Well, shows how clueless I am. Did not know Knox-Catholic was AAA. Thanks.

Morristown West appears to be top boys AAA team right now but they look very vulnerable to me.

• 2 weeks later...

12 days to State and here's a preview:

A-AA Boys - MLK finished a distant 3rd in their last Nashville meet but are a huge favorite in A-AA where there is no competition at all. Wet noodle race. There are middle school teams that could win this race. Makes TSSAA classifications look just plain sad. I guess anyone gets to be a "state champion."

D-II Boys - MBA is a very strong favorite and may be the best team in the whole state. Ensworth 2nd best. Lord is obvious favorite to romp in this one.

AAA Boys - Another weak year for teams in AAA. Oak Ridge looks best. Morristown 2nd best. Brentwood, Houston and a few other battling for 3rd thru 6th. Sharpe, Mansy and Rainey battling for top spot.

A-AA Girls - Again, no competition. A-AA Girls are weaker than a wet noodle. Klein having racing issues.

D-II Girls - Baylor clearly the top team. B.A. 2nd best. 5 other teams battling for top-3 in the race.

Nobert and Jumper go head-to-head for top individual honor.

AAA Girls - Oak Ridge versus Dobyn's Bennett. Pretty weak after top-2 teams. Ferowich, the clear individual favorite.

Coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...