east tn pyro

Dang that Kaseem kid was stroking it from the outside. But is that his total points for the whole weekend or that's 1 game stats? Also, didn't Blake get his nosed busted or something, isn't that why he struggled at first?

My last question is, does the Pyro ever play up or they stay in their age group whenever they play?

Is this the same east Tn Pyro Team that came in 2nd in the 14u State Tourney in seymour? After reading your post, one might get the impression that thry dominated in Nashville. But the truth of the matter is the lost to the TN A-Game. A-Game actually came in 8th place in the State. Yea, they came in 1st in Nashville but even in the Title Game, it was not decided until the last minute against A-Game. What is all this Elite Team talk? What is all this talk about all these guys nobody ever heard of? They shoot tons of 3's even to the point of undisciplined shooting. A-Game had an inside kid that dominated Pyro. This kid normally averaged 6 points a game. So in my opinion, Pyro has a long way to go to be elite and you guys are blowing this out of proportion.

Hoopmaster

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in my opinion, Pyro has a long way to go to be elite and you guys are blowing this out of proportion.

Hoopmaster

Thanks for the accurate factual update as to what occurred in Nashville, Hoopmaster. I believe this thread was started to brag a little and has maybe stretched beyond facts. I have seen the Pyro play and yes they have some tallent, yet lack size. But it's a fact they were the 2ND PLACE team in E Tenn Substate, losing to the TN Rhinos.

Thanks for the accurate factual update as to what occurred in Nashville, Hoopmaster. I believe this thread was started to brag a little and has maybe stretched beyond facts. I have seen the Pyro play and yes they have some tallent, yet lack size. But it's a fact they were the 2ND PLACE team in E Tenn Substate, losing to the TN Rhinos.

[/quote

yes.that may be right but do you see how far they made it in state. they came in like forth place.pyro came in 2nd oh well, but back to the nashville thing..okay yes they beat pyro at 8oclock in the morning.TOO EARLY..but pyro beat them by 12 in the championship...pyro is close to being an elite team.closer than some may think..

It was 8 in the morning for both teams and A-Game won by 10. Pyro won by 12 in the Championship game. So what makes them so Elite. Elite teams play against Elite competition in Elite tournaments and when that happens, teams lose on a regular basis. You can have a good team and beat everybody in statewide tournaments but that don't make your team Elite. Elite players give your teams Elite status. Remember, nobody remembers Lebron, Kobe, or Jordans AAU team record because it's not important. So if you want to be an Elite team, go and find some Elite players.

Hoopmaster

It was 8 in the morning for both teams and A-Game won by 10. Pyro won by 12 in the Championship game. So what makes them so Elite. Elite teams play against Elite competition in Elite tournaments and when that happens, teams lose on a regular basis. You can have a good team and beat everybody in statewide tournaments but that don't make your team Elite. Elite players give your teams Elite status. Remember, nobody remembers Lebron, Kobe, or Jordans AAU team record because it's not important. So if you want to be an Elite team, go and find some Elite players.

Hoopmaster

They got some

Hoopmaster

Who won when it mattered? Yeah that's what I thought...PYRO! You sound like one of those jealous parents whose kid got cut by Pyro on tryout day. For a team made up entirely of players from the knoxville area I would have to say Pyro is pretty impressive. They aren't like the Travelers who pull players throughout Tennessee and venture into other states. They aren't quite as athletic as the teams from Memphis, but they find a way to play with and beat some of them. They are a very talented team and will get better in the future. What AAU team do you support? Maybe Pyro would like to pound them. Then maybe you would shut your trap.

The purpose of aau ball has gotten lost somewhere along the way. I thought the purpose was to give players the opportunity to play against the better players around the state or country with a lesson in true sportsmanship. Once you add overzealous parents and ignorant fans, it all gets messed up. When you have a talented team, players with character, and coaches that teach hard work, sportsmanship, perseverance, and character, then you have something special. Those type of programs produce players that D1 coaches love. College teams are built with these type of players these days and maybe 1 true superstar for every 5 to 7 teams. So aau ball is more than just winning games and bragging. If that is what you want, you can have it. Brag on. The most important thing is that these kids become great adults and have the chance to live out their dreams. Basketball is only a tool to become a successful person. With or without the game itself. Mostly without. So I hope you have learned something by reading this post and you can apologize at any time.

Hoopmaster

The purpose of aau ball has gotten lost somewhere along the way. I thought the purpose was to give players the opportunity to play against the better players around the state or country with a lesson in true sportsmanship. Once you add overzealous parents and ignorant fans, it all gets messed up. When you have a talented team, players with character, and coaches that teach hard work, sportsmanship, perseverance, and character, then you have something special. Those type of programs produce players that D1 coaches love. College teams are built with these type of players these days and maybe 1 true superstar for every 5 to 7 teams. So aau ball is more than just winning games and bragging. If that is what you want, you can have it. Brag on. The most important thing is that these kids become great adults and have the chance to live out their dreams. Basketball is only a tool to become a successful person. With or without the game itself. Mostly without. So I hope you have learned something by reading this post and you can apologize at any time.

Hoopmaster

I don't have anything to apologize for. You took s shot at some kids by saying "they weren't elite". I responded. You are right that AAU is supposed to give players the opportunity to play against the best. However, players only get that chance when they play for a prestigous team that travels. The purpose is also for these teams to win. If winning were not important then they wouldn't keep score and have a winner and loser at the end of the game. Are you serious with the character stuff and D1 coaches? Most of them could care less about character! They want athletes that will help them win games first and foremost. Now please give it a rest Oprah!

I don't have anything to apologize for. You took s shot at some kids by saying "they weren't elite". I responded. You are right that AAU is supposed to give players the opportunity to play against the best. However, players only get that chance when they play for a prestigous team that travels. The purpose is also for these teams to win. If winning were not important then they wouldn't keep score and have a winner and loser at the end of the game. Are you serious with the character stuff and D1 coaches? Most of them could care less about character! They want athletes that will help them win games first and foremost. Now please give it a rest Oprah!

well downtown,you have it all wrong if you dont think coaches at any level dont look for character,you are badly mistaken,and you havnt been around many ELITE AAU programs,talk to your 17u coaches who actually talk to real coaches and they will set you straight,work ethic and character are the first things they want to know about, if their not coachable,they wont waste their time.and most ELITE programs stay out of the super reck tournaments and play only in the more ELITE AAU tournaments.winning is important i agree but getting these little tournys just because you can win come on.

well downtown,you have it all wrong if you dont think coaches at any level dont look for character,you are badly mistaken,and you havnt been around many ELITE AAU programs,talk to your 17u coaches who actually talk to real coaches and they will set you straight,work ethic and character are the first things they want to know about, if their not coachable,they wont waste their time.and most ELITE programs stay out of the super reck tournaments and play only in the more ELITE AAU tournaments.winning is important i agree but getting these little tournys just because you can win come on.

I hope this is a real teaching moment for nappyhead. Please understand this now. So many young kids think that scoring points is their ticket to success.

Hoopmaster

I hope this is a real teaching moment for nappyhead. Please understand this now. So many young kids think that scoring points is their ticket to success.

Hoopmaster

I don't disagree entirely, but you've got to admit that if a player lacks the ability to score then it is difficult for that player to advance to the college level. In fact it is hard for players like that to get much time at the high school level. I do think a lot of today's players are willing to sacrifice team success for individual stardom. This can and often is hard to watch because it's obvious. However, Kaseem Davidson (who has been talked about on this board) is not like that at all. He is a pass first PG that is always looking to get his teammates involved before he takes a shot. He does have the ability to take over a game when needed. Pyro just has so many weapons that they don't often need a single player to take on that responsibility.

I don't disagree entirely, but you've got to admit that if a player lacks the ability to score then it is difficult for that player to advance to the college level. In fact it is hard for players like that to get much time at the high school level. I do think a lot of today's players are willing to sacrifice team success for individual stardom. This can and often is hard to watch because it's obvious. However, Kaseem Davidson (who has been talked about on this board) is not like that at all. He is a pass first PG that is always looking to get his teammates involved before he takes a shot. He does have the ability to take over a game when needed. Pyro just has so many weapons that they don't often need a single player to take on that responsibility.

That is a good thing if a kid has that mentality. I hope he continues to grow as a player and we can enjoy watching him play thru the years.

HoopMaster