east tn pyro

well downtown,you have it all wrong if you dont think coaches at any level dont look for character,you are badly mistaken,and you havnt been around many ELITE AAU programs,talk to your 17u coaches who actually talk to real coaches and they will set you straight,work ethic and character are the first things they want to know about, if their not coachable,they wont waste their time.and most ELITE programs stay out of the super reck tournaments and play only in the more ELITE AAU tournaments.winning is important i agree but getting these little tournys just because you can win come on.

The PYRO may not be an Elite team yet based on what is considered Elite really begining at ages15-17. They are as Elite as any team their age in Tennessee. They have traveled all over the south and east part of the country this summer and have beaten some of the best teams in the country. They are currently playing in Myrtle Beach and have traveled from Louisville to Charleston. With numerous out of state stops in between. They did finish second at the 14u State tournament with their only loses coming to the Memphis Y and Memphis War Eagles with a win over the Tennessee Travelers. This same team last year finished in top 4 at state for 13u and did well at nationals. They will not be attending nationals this year because most of the team will be with their high school football team in august. They are playing in the USBA nationals this weekend in Myrtle Beach and have advanced to the final four. Although this isn't the true nationals they're some very good teams with the Charlotte Royals having one of the best 14u players in the country. They have played a couple of "little tournys" but have played alot more big ones. I'm unsure what is considered an Elite team for 14u. I do hate the Pyro didn't play in the Boo Williams. i would guess the Elite programs are the Memphis Y(Pump in Run), Team Nashville and Tennessee Travelers. I'm really unsure what is Elite. The Pyro are the best 14u team in East Tennessee and a top 4 team in Tennessee. Thats pretty good! Will all these kids stay together who knows I'm sure an Elite program like the travelers will take a couple of these kids and they will leave. The Nike Shoe circuit is the place to be recruited. Colleges will tell you that 98% of recruiting at the big schools come from these circuits. You will see the Pyro in Adidas stuff next year playing several of it's tournaments. The big thing with the Pyro is football. Rian Hall and Cam are studs. Cam had two dunks today. Not bad for a rising freshman. He will be the next big time recruit for football in East Tennessee.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PYRO may not be an Elite team yet based on what is considered Elite really begining at ages15-17. They are as Elite as any team their age in Tennessee. They have traveled all over the south and east part of the country this summer and have beaten some of the best teams in the country. They are currently playing in Myrtle Beach and have traveled from Louisville to Charleston. With numerous out of state stops in between. They did finish second at the 14u State tournament with their only loses coming to the Memphis Y and Memphis War Eagles with a win over the Tennessee Travelers. This same team last year finished in top 4 at state for 13u and did well at nationals. They will not be attending nationals this year because most of the team will be with their high school football team in august. They are playing in the USBA nationals this weekend in Myrtle Beach and have advanced to the final four. Although this isn't the true nationals they're some very good teams with the Charlotte Royals having one of the best 14u players in the country. They have played a couple of "little tournys" but have played alot more big ones. I'm unsure what is considered an Elite team for 14u. I do hate the Pyro didn't play in the Boo Williams. i would guess the Elite programs are the Memphis Y(Pump in Run), Team Nashville and Tennessee Travelers. I'm really unsure what is Elite. The Pyro are the best 14u team in East Tennessee and a top 4 team in Tennessee. Thats pretty good! Will all these kids stay together who knows I'm sure an Elite program like the travelers will take a couple of these kids and they will leave. The Nike Shoe circuit is the place to be recruited. Colleges will tell you that 98% of recruiting at the big schools come from these circuits. You will see the Pyro in Adidas stuff next year playing several of it's tournaments. The big thing with the Pyro is football. Rian Hall and Cam are studs. Cam had two dunks today. Not bad for a rising freshman. He will be the next big time recruit for football in East Tennessee.

A couple of inaccuracies in the post by KOBE:

"The Pyro are the best 14u team in East Tennessee "

FACT 1; The TN Rhinos are the Eastern Substate Champions and succesfully defended their title from 13U year previous.

"This same team last year finished in top 4 at state for 13u and did well at nationals"

FACT 2; Not the same team as last year most of these boys played for DREISSIG previously. As I say most, meaning the basic teams core but definately not all. But most surely there was no ET PYRO in 2008, to be considered ' this same team'. What does doing well at nationals mean? Maybe something like 2-3...... just sayin'

On a side note, there has been a lot of TALK on these boards regarding Pyro. I see most of this as self promoting and attempts to hype their own players. KUDOS for trying! All kids deserve some promotion in this sport. After self proclaiming several titles in the preseason as a result of their recruiting "haul", where are those titles? With "all that tallent" where is the hardware to back it up?

So were the preseason predictions fulfilled? Was developement achieved or underachieved?

A couple of inaccuracies in the post by KOBE:

"The Pyro are the best 14u team in East Tennessee "

FACT 1; The TN Rhinos are the Eastern Substate Champions and succesfully defended their title from 13U year previous.

"This same team last year finished in top 4 at state for 13u and did well at nationals"

FACT 2; Not the same team as last year most of these boys played for DREISSIG previously. As I say most, meaning the basic teams core but definately not all. But most surely there was no ET PYRO in 2008, to be considered ' this same team'. What does doing well at nationals mean? Maybe something like 2-3...... just sayin'

On a side note, there has been a lot of TALK on these boards regarding Pyro. I see most of this as self promoting and attempts to hype their own players. KUDOS for trying! All kids deserve some promotion in this sport. After self proclaiming several titles in the preseason as a result of their recruiting "haul", where are those titles? With "all that tallent" where is the hardware to back it up?

So were the preseason predictions fulfilled? Was developement achieved or underachieved?

cowabungadude hahaha nice name which ninja Turtle are you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But seriously though if I'm not mistake I think this Pyro team is the Dreissig team from last year.. I think they just changed their name to the Pyro. So as a long time friend of my mine would say, "What is you saying?" Give this team a chance to feel good about themselves. IF they want to promote their program, let'em its not hurting anyone that they're giving props where props are due.

Now KOBE, can we get some scores posted on here from Nationals? Who have you all beat or got beat by?

• 1 month later...

Hoopmaster has it right. AAU doesn't mean anything until 17u. Any team that thinks It's elite in East Tenn, must of had success at Seymour, where even the good Memphis teams get the shaft. By the way Hoopmaster the Harrison kid from BGA played with the A-game team until he hurt his ankle bad in the substate. He hasn't played this summer except for a couple summer games at school. He was invited to play with the Derick Smith Allstars 16u, but the doctor would not okay it. He will next year. Unlike the "stars of middle school" age basketball he is still growing.

My nephew plays for the Pyro and though I don't get the chance to see them play very often I do think they are a great team. Does that make them an elite team I have no idea. Do I think they had the best team in east Tennessee idk that either. I think they split with the rhino's and one did better at state and the other in sub state. Things change so much as they grow up some will play only football others will be picked up by a shoe team so as someone mentioned it's hard to tell till they get in the 16u class how good someone or team will be.