Unakas girls

TedEBear

I am beginning to think Coach Wright may not be the problem at all, just as I think Coach Chambers was not the problem. Meddling parents, personal agenda school board members, and catering administrators may be the real problem. If the coach is not abusing players, they should not quit. It sounds like some house cleaning needs to be done. It would be interesting to see what Coach Wright, or any coach for that matter, could do with the support of a strong administration. The parents and board members need to stay out of it. Let the coach coach and the players play!

I don't think Coach Wright is the problem, didn't these same parents cause problems in softball also? I don't know, that's just what I got through the grape vine. Let the Coach coach and the players play. It sounds like the house cleaning has been done, by Coach Wright. If the players quit and the parents let them to make a statement, then the school and program are both better off in the long run. I have yet to read anything that Coach Wright has done that should make the players quit. Removing the meddling parents was probably the best move for the program. I also got through the grape vine that the removal of some of these people was by request of the players. If this is true, who and why?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Coach Wright is the problem, didn't these same parents cause problems in softball also? I don't know, that's just what I got through the grape vine. Let the Coach coach and the players play. It sounds like the house cleaning has been done, by Coach Wright. If the players quit and the parents let them to make a statement, then the school and program are both better off in the long run. I have yet to read anything that Coach Wright has done that should make the players quit. Removing the meddling parents was probably the best move for the program. I also got through the grape vine that the removal of some of these people was by request of the players. If this is true, who and why?

I don't know what grapevine you have been listening to but you DID NOT get your information correct!!!!! My daughter does play both sports or did and she is not the only one, but the softball problems had nothing to do with either of these two girls or their (and not there) parents. Coach Wright did NO house cleaning or coaching either for that matter, and maybe, in a sense with the talent HE had, and I don't know what planet you have been on legend, but the GIRLS SPORTS PROGRAM are the reason most people come to games or up until this past season. But as we know, it is the GIRLS, and they don't really matter after all do they (and I will throw in for free the GIRLS SOFTBALL program is one of the best around). Now for myself and the parents of the other players who are no longer playing basketball we are tired of being mouth assaulted for only thinking of the best interest of MY/our daughter(S). These are some of the BEST PARENTS around and have always been supportive of whatever or whoever our daughters have played for. And as far as legendarywright goes, parents did try to talk to him, but you CANNOT talk to someone who runs like a scalded dog all the time. And NO we did not sign them up for ballet lessons and we DO NOT talk to them like babies, but I am sure by now most of us wish we had kept them in dance lessons, and we expect them to be talked to with respect and if a coach can't control his/her temper enough (who by the way is to be a role model) to talk to them with some order then they need to GET OUT. Legendarywright sounds a little full of himself, as to Experience, Legend, in is own mind, maybe, but his experience at coaching ballet may be a little more appropriate for him, at least, thats what I hear through the "coachs" grapevine. But, We should all stick to the facts that we know for certain, then again, records do speak for their self.

Wes Wright might not be the best coach for the program. But he did take over a program that has had its share of problems in years past. From what I heard parents wanted to run Mr. Chambers off after taking a team to the State Tournament. But the truth is Unaka doesn't have and hasn't had Championship talent in the last 3 or 4 years. The last good team was when Renee Ensor was there. These current girls seem like great kids and great students, and for that alone they deserve a great depth of gratitude. However, after reading previous posts it seems that the parents have a personal vandetta against Wright and are willing to use their kids as pawns in order to get what they want. That is despicable and is an injustice to their children. Since when did just playing for the love of the game get lost? did it get lost when mom or dad decided that Jr. didn't get enough playing time, so their gonna confront the coach about it and then when they didn't like the out come they turned Jr. into a me player instead of a we player, by complaining about the coach. With that being said maybe it is time for the coach to ride off into the sunset. He is in a losing battle and will never win.

Wes Wright might not be the best coach for the program. But he did take over a program that has had its share of problems in years past. From what I heard parents wanted to run Mr. Chambers off after taking a team to the State Tournament. But the truth is Unaka doesn't have and hasn't had Championship talent in the last 3 or 4 years. The last good team was when Renee Ensor was there. These current girls seem like great kids and great students, and for that alone they deserve a great depth of gratitude. However, after reading previous posts it seems that the parents have a personal vandetta against Wright and are willing to use their kids as pawns in order to get what they want. That is despicable and is an injustice to their children. Since when did just playing for the love of the game get lost? did it get lost when mom or dad decided that Jr. didn't get enough playing time, so their gonna confront the coach about it and then when they didn't like the out come they turned Jr. into a me player instead of a we player, by complaining about the coach. With that being said maybe it is time for the coach to ride off into the sunset. He is in a losing battle and will never win.

First, most of these post are by the girls themselves. Secondly, this is NOT sbout playing time and NEVER has been. Thirdly, the girls that turned in their uniforms were ALL the in coming Seniors and Juniors. #4, We are not slinging mud at anyone else's program or their girls here, so PLEASE don't do the same to OUR daughters, they have had enough of that. #5, We do not throw things at or near our daughters to get their attention, so as parents we certainly would NOT use them as pawns to get our way (would U?). #6, Mr. Wright is going to "Coach" the Unaka girls this year, but where that leaves the program who knows, these girls DID NOT make the adult decision that was dealt them last year, so for EVERYONE'S record they have made a stand and the parents SUPPORT THEM, not the other way around. #7, Yes, there were parents and others who wanted rid of Coach Chambers, and no these girls parents did not agree with everything he did as with any other coach that your child may have at whatever level, but I can assure U and everyone else, these parents had NO part in running off Coach Chambers.

Basketball mom if u think that yelling at someone who is with there child and wife and chasing him and his family out to the car is talking then u have a distorted perception of reality! (and if you were not in that little group of rednecks i appologize.) what did i say in my first speach why dont you be adult and pull him aside privatly with your child and tell him you dont appreciate him getting an attitude. maybe if you did it will a little respect he will give you a little respect back (i.e. in order to gain respect you must give respect first) if you think coach wright is bad why dont you send your kid next year to play for the coaches at elizabethton high you would poop in your pants and go crawling back on your knees to unaka and your kid would be scared for life! trust me i know im an E-town 06 grad. Look at what coach wright has to deal with players fighting on the court players quiting and no support anywhere i wouldnt do what wes does for no amount of money. And the only reason i would want coach wright in ballet is so the world could see what a great @SS he has. buns of steal im telling you man!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! coach wright i think chip-n-dales is hiring if this unaka thing dont work out!!!

Basketball mom if u think that yelling at someone who is with there child and wife and chasing him and his family out to the car is talking then u have a distorted perception of reality! (and if you were not in that little group of rednecks i appologize.) what did i say in my first speach why dont you be adult and pull him aside privatly with your child and tell him you dont appreciate him getting an attitude. maybe if you did it will a little respect he will give you a little respect back (i.e. in order to gain respect you must give respect first) if you think coach wright is bad why dont you send your kid next year to play for the coaches at elizabethton high you would poop in your pants and go crawling back on your knees to unaka and your kid would be scared for life! trust me i know im an E-town 06 grad. Look at what coach wright has to deal with players fighting on the court players quiting and no support anywhere i wouldnt do what wes does for no amount of money. And the only reason i would want coach wright in ballet is so the world could see what a great @SS he has. buns of steal im telling you man!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! coach wright i think chip-n-dales is hiring if this unaka thing dont work out!!!

Once again, facts NOT straight!!! Coach Wright, as you call him, came to a boosters meeting and yes he brought his wife and child with him, I don't know if that is a common practice for a coach or not, it was a first for us(parents). We were taking care of our business, when he (Wright) said he wanted to say something, and he did, he commented he no longer had need for the parents, or the boosters club, that HE was disbanding it and he and his mother-in-law would be taking over the fundraising. Well, you surely might, or might not, understand why these redneck parents that YOU have called us may be a tad bit upset. HE fired the parents of the girls who were playing for him, but You said it "in order to gain respect, you must give respect". He said his say, but when he was ask questions, as I stated in MY previous posts he ran like a scalded dog, yes, it was MY husband who went out the door, and NO NOT CHASED HIM OUT, but ask him to put the BIG BOY pants on and come back in and talk to US (REDNECKS as YOU have called us) like ADULTS!!! Now, yes this is on video, but remember, a video without the sound of words can say a million things, it can even get rid of someone if thats what someone wants it to say. And, also FYI, several of these girls that are NO longer playing ball, their parents(NOT THERE) (I am a UNAKA graduate) graduated from ELIZABETHON, my husband for one, does that excuse them from being a REDNECK MR E-TOWN 06??!!! And personally, I really don't care what his buns look like. And one more thing, he had parental support, but he didn't want it, and I do KNOW for a FACT that parents did try to talk to him and he didn't care what anyone had to say. And while HE was still in diapers, I was being taught and old saying "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND". As you have pointed out, he has a child and he won't like it either when what is going on with his kid someone makes the STUPID remark "thats not your business", well let me tell you and whoever else, when you have laid in labor for 26 1/2 hours (and had your own child) then YOU or whoever can tell me how protective or how much say I have with what goes on and how it effects MY DAUGHTER(S). And with that being said it will take more than some coach to make me POOP in My Pants as YOU put it.

I have followed Unaka girls basketball since Coach Hicks had them and I can tell you this. The school has never cared about girls basketball at Unaka!!! I just love how people come on here taking up for Wes Wright who have no idea what is going on or even WHY he is head coach anyway. Ask yourselves this, why would he ger the job without considering anyone else when he has never been a high school head coach and has NEVER had success anywhere he has ever been? Ill tell you why, because it had nothing to do with doing the best for the program. It had to do with the one family that has run stoney creek for as long as I can remember. One family who has their noses in every decision that is made. Right from the start when "coach" wright got hired it was set up as a two year deal even tho I am sure Wes Wright does not know this. He was placed in the job to hold the slot for two years until "the good ol boy" club could fill the spot with who they want when their daughter gets into high school which just happens to be year after next. Coach Wright is just a pawn in a plan of the good ol boy club. They have tried hard to keep him in one more year and if they are successful, Coach Wright will find out one year from now how he was played for this family to get their way on stoney creek, as usuall. I dont know Coach Wright as a person but how good or bad of a guy he is does not matter. The point is this, the man has no clue how to run a ball team. I watched in shame this season as I saw girls flipping off fans while running down the court and saw a fist fight break out, Saw players refuse to come out of the game when trying to be subbed out. I have heard people blame the girls BUT leardership starts at the top and Coach Wright allowed this to go on without putting a stop to it the first time it happened which caused it to get worse and worse. NO basketballl knowledge, no control over his team and no respect to or from his players!!! and you wonder why he cant win. I have been a loyal fan of Unaka girls basketball since the 80's but I will tell you this. With Wes Wright on the sidelines I will not be back because his actions and the actions he allows the girls to take puts Unaka Basketball to shame!

I have followed Unaka girls basketball since Coach Hicks had them and I can tell you this. The school has never cared about girls basketball at Unaka!!! I just love how people come on here taking up for Wes Wright who have no idea what is going on or even WHY he is head coach anyway. Ask yourselves this, why would he ger the job without considering anyone else when he has never been a high school head coach and has NEVER had success anywhere he has ever been? Ill tell you why, because it had nothing to do with doing the best for the program. It had to do with the one family that has run stoney creek for as long as I can remember. One family who has their noses in every decision that is made. Right from the start when "coach" wright got hired it was set up as a two year deal even tho I am sure Wes Wright does not know this. He was placed in the job to hold the slot for two years until "the good ol boy" club could fill the spot with who they want when their daughter gets into high school which just happens to be year after next. Coach Wright is just a pawn in a plan of the good ol boy club. They have tried hard to keep him in one more year and if they are successful, Coach Wright will find out one year from now how he was played for this family to get their way on stoney creek, as usuall. I dont know Coach Wright as a person but how good or bad of a guy he is does not matter. The point is this, the man has no clue how to run a ball team. I watched in shame this season as I saw girls flipping off fans while running down the court and saw a fist fight break out, Saw players refuse to come out of the game when trying to be subbed out. I have heard people blame the girls BUT leardership starts at the top and Coach Wright allowed this to go on without putting a stop to it the first time it happened which caused it to get worse and worse. NO basketballl knowledge, no control over his team and no respect to or from his players!!! and you wonder why he cant win. I have been a loyal fan of Unaka girls basketball since the 80's but I will tell you this. With Wes Wright on the sidelines I will not be back because his actions and the actions he allows the girls to take puts Unaka Basketball to shame!

WOW!, Who are the"good old boy's"? Who is the daughter? Who is it that is going to take Coach Wright's place? Who is the family? Who was the deal made with? More info......PLEASE. All readers are waiting!

Once again, facts NOT straight!!! Coach Wright, as you call him, came to a boosters meeting and yes he brought his wife and child with him, I don't know if that is a common practice for a coach or not, it was a first for us(parents). We were taking care of our business, when he (Wright) said he wanted to say something, and he did, he commented he no longer had need for the parents, or the boosters club, that HE was disbanding it and he and his mother-in-law would be taking over the fundraising. Well, you surely might, or might not, understand why these redneck parents that YOU have called us may be a tad bit upset. HE fired the parents of the girls who were playing for him, but You said it "in order to gain respect, you must give respect". He said his say, but when he was ask questions, as I stated in MY previous posts he ran like a scalded dog, yes, it was MY husband who went out the door, and NO NOT CHASED HIM OUT, but ask him to put the BIG BOY pants on and come back in and talk to US (REDNECKS as YOU have called us) like ADULTS!!! Now, yes this is on video, but remember, a video without the sound of words can say a million things, it can even get rid of someone if thats what someone wants it to say. And, also FYI, several of these girls that are NO longer playing ball, their parents(NOT THERE) (I am a UNAKA graduate) graduated from ELIZABETHON, my husband for one, does that excuse them from being a REDNECK MR E-TOWN 06??!!! And personally, I really don't care what his buns look like. And one more thing, he had parental support, but he didn't want it, and I do KNOW for a FACT that parents did try to talk to him and he didn't care what anyone had to say. And while HE was still in diapers, I was being taught and old saying "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND". As you have pointed out, he has a child and he won't like it either when what is going on with his kid someone makes the STUPID remark "thats not your business", well let me tell you and whoever else, when you have laid in labor for 26 1/2 hours (and had your own child) then YOU or whoever can tell me how protective or how much say I have with what goes on and how it effects MY DAUGHTER(S). And with that being said it will take more than some coach to make me POOP in My Pants as YOU put it.

So basically your husband chased after him in anger and you wonder why he doesn't want the "parents" involved? Just because you gave birth gives you no right to be involved on the basketball court, perhaps you should form a 16u Jr. pro. Team?!!?!??!