more ref questions

wosbodog

I have a couple of other questions about reffing.

I know in Chattanooga I need to attend the meetings in the fall to get certified. Once I do that, am I good to ref anywhere in Tennessee or just in Chattanooga? And is the certification permanent? I'm wondering because I don't know where I'm going to be living in the fall. Do you know who I need to contact if I were to ref in the Nashville or Williamson County area? That's where I'm likely to be living if I'm not in Chattanooga, or I may be in Alabama. So will I need to get certified in Alabama or will it still count if I do it in Chattanooga?

The other thing I was wondering was about the scheduling. I guess I get assigned to certain meets but is any of it negotiable? Is it pre-assigned at the beginning of the season or is it like a week-by-week thing? If I do stay in Chattanooga I'll be on a very tight schedule with college and my other jobs so my availability is going to be pretty shaky. Is there a way I could give like a week's or two week's notice what my availability will be and work the ref schedule around that, or vice versa?

If you could get back to me that would be great, thanks very much.

I have a couple of other questions about reffing.

I know in Chattanooga I need to attend the meetings in the fall to get certified. Once I do that, am I good to ref anywhere in Tennessee or just in Chattanooga? And is the certification permanent? I'm wondering because I don't know where I'm going to be living in the fall. Do you know who I need to contact if I were to ref in the Nashville or Williamson County area? That's where I'm likely to be living if I'm not in Chattanooga, or I may be in Alabama. So will I need to get certified in Alabama or will it still count if I do it in Chattanooga?

The other thing I was wondering was about the scheduling. I guess I get assigned to certain meets but is any of it negotiable? Is it pre-assigned at the beginning of the season or is it like a week-by-week thing? If I do stay in Chattanooga I'll be on a very tight schedule with college and my other jobs so my availability is going to be pretty shaky. Is there a way I could give like a week's or two week's notice what my availability will be and work the ref schedule around that, or vice versa?

If you could get back to me that would be great, thanks very much.

You will need to be registered and certified in Alabama to officiate there. As for scheduling that is done on a association basis and you would need to confer with your local associations assigning officer to determine your availablility and schedule with them. Most times they can work with you.