Remaining ASA 14U berths

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not count out Worth 95 even though they are a young 14u team. They have not played their best yet this year. They will improve mentally and definitely have the talent, it just depends on when they hit their stride.

Are they playing in the Chattanooga Qualifiers. Can not qualify without playing them unless attending qualifiers for a national berth open to all teams. One TN berth June 26 and then the State in July.

Playing in a bunch of alphabet soup tourney's all season then jumping into the ASA State tournament doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

N.Ga.Mustangs and Fury 95 should be the favorites to win the 2 remaining berths.

I dont' think Worth 95 is trying too hard to qualify.

Playing in a bunch of alphabet soup tourney's all season then jumping into the ASA State tournament doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

N.Ga.Mustangs and Fury 95 should be the favorites to win the 2 remaining berths.

Once again, everyone wants to bash every other softball sanction other than ASA. What a joke. The 16U ASA qualifier in Hendersonville had 14 teams in it and 11 of them are the same teams that you see playing every weekend in all of the other sanctions in and around Nashville. The Worth USFA tournament had a better field of teams playing in it this weekend than the Hendersonville ASA tourny had. ASA just doesn't have a good following in middle TN, plain and simple.

Once again, everyone wants to bash every other Softball affiation other than ASA. What a joke. The 16U ASA qualifier in Hendersonville had 14 teams in it and 11 of them are the same teams that you see playing every weekend in all of the other sanctions in and around Nashville. The Worth USFA tournament had a better field of teams playing in it this weekend than the Hendersonville ASA tourny had. ASA just doesn't have a good following in middle TN, plain and simple.

How exactly do you calculate that the field of teams in 16U was stronger in the Worth Tourney in Franklin that the ASA tourney in Hendersonville was?

At a minimum 2 of the stronger 16U teams from MIDDLE Tn. were not playing in The Worth tourney at Franklin but were present at the ASA Tourney in Hendersonville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Please help me understand what your talking about. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

How exactly do you calculate that the field of teams in 16U was stronger in the Worth Tourney in Franklin that the ASA tourney in Hendersonville was?

At a minimum 2 of the stronger 16U teams from MIDDLE Tn. were not playing in The Worth tourney at Franklin but were present at the ASA Tourney in Hendersonville. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Please help me understand what your talking about. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

True - I agree that the Nighthawks and Worth (Top Two finishes at Drakes Creek) were not there, but also there WERE some of the stronger teams from MIDDLE Tn at the Worth Tourney (2 at a minimum) along with a team from Hoover AL, Ashland KY, Cartersville IL and two from Indiana. Also, there were at least two teams from middle TN that played in both tournys and did not finish in the top five at either one. My point is - if ASA does not want to take advantage of the good teams and the good ball parks in middle TN, then USFA, USSSA and NSA will continue to host good tournaments with strong competition.

True - I agree that the Nighthawks and Worth (Top Two finishes at Drakes Creek) were not there, but also there WERE some of the stronger teams from MIDDLE Tn at the Worth Tourney (2 at a minimum) along with a team from Hoover AL, Ashland KY, Cartersville IL and two from Indiana. Also, there were at least two teams from middle TN that played in both tournys and did not finish in the top five at either one. My point is - if ASA does not want to take advantage of the good teams and the good ball parks in middle TN, then USFA, USSSA and NSA will continue to host good tournaments with strong competition.

Your right there are good teams in any tournament but the bottom line is that the top teams play ASA for a reason! The reason is that ASA Qualifiers offer more to a player that just a $4.00 trophy. Yes the tournament directors in all of them are trying to make money for themselves.(And that is obvious) But trying to "Qualify" for an ASA berth means alot more than just "Buying" your way into a usfa or a usssa world series. If you have ever been to both you know what I'm talking about, 16U ASA Nats- very big.. lots of colleges present...... USFA W.S. - basically just another $4.00 trophy awaits the player all the while you've paid ginormous prices for a week in a condo to play softball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

USFA will continue to thrive, they do make good warm up tourney's prior to a qualifier. If there is not a berth at stake in an ASA sanctioned tournament teams are just playing for the same thing there as they would be in a touney sanctioned by USFA.......a $4.00 trophy. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And please tell me what it is that you get from an ASA tourney that's different? I have been to both, but I have not been to the 16u yet, so I cannot comment on that.. Sure ASA nationals are fun and play some GREAT competion. But, they also scam teams into buying their insurance, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE TEAM INSURANCE, with their fancy ID cards. Plus, not many of us can afford to travel to east TN to play ASA all the time. There are just not many ASA tourneys in middle TN, so don't hold it against the teams. Sure there are college's represented at their tourneys, especially nationals, but they also attend other sanctions nationals also. The last time I checked, all you get from ASA is a $4 trophy and a berth to their nationals. Not a lot of difference. So, what I am trying to say is, the whole purpose in most of these young ladies playing is to be the best they can be by playing the best competion available and still have FUN without their parents having to take out loans. It's not ALL about getting the most exposure, it has to be fun also. Their young,they need fun also. After all, is that not what we all want.

I wouldn't waste the money to go to ASA Nationals at the 12U or below level. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did explain the difference between what the player gets in return for their efforts at Qualifier's. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most Kids playing still at the 16U-18U level are pretty serious. If they are wanting to take it to the next level ASA is the best vehicle to take them there.USFA can't come close & it doesn't cost a family any more money(maybe less) to attend an ASA National event than to go to play at PCB.

If a girl just wants to play for the fun of it at the 16U-18U level then maybe you should stick to DIXIE SOFTBALL instead of wasting money traveling around. I believe that is actually Dixie softball's moto. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And lastly, this thread was about the remaining ASA 14U berths & we've gotten a little of track from that. Maybe you should start a thread about what organization teams should play with if they just want to have FUN! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />