Pharr leaving Farragut

prepxtra

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut High School baseball coach Tommy Pharr is expected to announce to his team tonight that he??™s taking the same job at Christian Academy of Knoxville, two sources close to the situation confirmed this afternoon. See Prepxtra.com story.

So if Pharr is leaving, who gets the Farragut job? I think the names we will hear are Larry Simcox (former UT and parent of FHS baseball player), Fred Corral (former UT pitching coach), Matt Buckner (currently at Bearden and has guided them to strong years, formerly a Pharr assistant at FHS). Any names across the state that I am leaving out?

Not really. Pharr came very close to taking that job before they hired Kent Matthews.

Great hire for CAK. That says a lot about where they want to take their athletic program.

I didn't know that. In fact, when I heard the rumor recently I gave it absolutely no credibility. Shows how much I know! At face value I would not have expected him to leave the tremendous program he has built at Farragut.

Tremendous hire for CAK. An outstanding job by the CAK administration to bring in that caliber of a coach. In my book, CAK is on a role with their new girls soccer coach, new boy's basketball coach, and now the new baseball coach.

I didn't know that. In fact, when I heard the rumor recently I gave it absolutely no credibility. Shows how much I know! At face value I would not have expected him to leave the tremendous program he has built at Farragut.

Tremendous hire for CAK. An outstanding job by the CAK administration to bring in that caliber of a coach. In my book, CAK is on a role with their new girls soccer coach, new boy's basketball coach, and now the new baseball coach.

What does CAK have coming back in baseball? I know Kolinsky was a stud and carried them when he was on the hill, who else will be coing back?

Wow. I thought he would be hired away at the College Level not going down to a small private school. I know he loves the area, church etc. What kind of bucks did CAK throw his way?

I see CAK being a Power House in that area in more than just Soccer. The ed is great, price fair and with the additional of the new public HS folks in that area are looking for a small school with the feel of community.

I know of some great young families with great kids that come from athletic families who love it there.

Good Luck Coach and CAK.