Pharr leaving Farragut

prepxtra

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that on the news this morning. Said it'd be announced today.. Guess my joking statement came true? Ultimate stab in the back to Bearden? Or is he just coming home? He was at Farragut before Bearden anyways right?

Yes, he was an assistant to Pharr before coming to Bearden.

Farragut High School baseball coach Tommy Pharr is expected to announce to his team tonight that he??™s taking the same job at Christian Academy of Knoxville, two sources close to the situation confirmed this afternoon. See Prepxtra.com story.

I know of a candidate that is from East Tennessee that plans to apply for the job. He coached at Tennessee Wesleyan College and at a school up north but plans to apply for the job. I'm not certain what type of shot he has, but he has a pretty decent resume.

I think that Bearden will/should go after Rice from Karns. I'm sure Buckner will recommend him to the AD/Principal at BHS bc him and Coach Buckner were very good friends and talked all the time. Also, he is a great coach IMO and does the most with the least out of any other coach. He def gets the most out of his players, but at the same time he's a players coach and all the players who play under him love him from what I've heard. Sullivan would also be a very good choice since he played at BHS in the 90s but I don't think he'd leave Catholic bc they can pay him more than BHS can I"m sure. I hope and pray that they do not try and get Wright from West...that guy is an AWFUL coach and would take the program back to where it was in the early 2000s before Buckner came.

I think that Bearden will/should go after Rice from Karns. I'm sure Buckner will recommend him to the AD/Principal at BHS bc him and Coach Buckner were very good friends and talked all the time. Also, he is a great coach IMO and does the most with the least out of any other coach. He def gets the most out of his players, but at the same time he's a players coach and all the players who play under him love him from what I've heard. Sullivan would also be a very good choice since he played at BHS in the 90s but I don't think he'd leave Catholic bc they can pay him more than BHS can I"m sure. I hope and pray that they do not try and get Wright from West...that guy is an AWFUL coach and would take the program back to where it was in the early 2000s before Buckner came.

Rice would be a great choice

Get him out of 3AAA and not because of him being a great coach