Clarkrange gets 7 new "transfers" in 2 years

Since CR has become a recruiting juggernaut i was wondering what the other girls on the team are going to do with 6 new girs coming to the team this year? this makes 7 in 2 years with Molly Heady giving CR the gold ball last year. What do the other parents think about all this? i would bet that some of them aren't very happy about it. Lets hear from the CR faithful!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since CR has become a recruiting juggernaut i was wondering what the other girls on the team are going to do with 6 new girs coming to the team this year? this makes 7 in 2 years with Molly Heady giving CR the gold ball last year. What do the other parents think about all this? i would bet that some of them aren't very happy about it. Lets hear from the CR faithful!

A lot of us have been talking about this on another post or at least it was rumored that 6 more were coming in..Since you've posted that evidently that they are,I'm anxious to know as well..I feel most of the people there are happy as long as Clarkrange is winning..At least all the ones that don't have a younger daughter playing..Unless the girls coming in are awfully talented..would think it would be hard to just come in and take a spot over some of the junior and senior girls..But the TSSAA allows this stuff to happen..Not talking about Carly ..heard her parents moved..maybe some of these will as well..But if they're coming in as freshmen..the families don't don't have to move..And the TSSAA shouldn't have a rule that allows players to just go to any school as freshmen..It helps one school,in this case Clarkrange and hurts another,this time being York..At least should hurt York in the next couple seasons....Maybe they have juniors and seniors already there that will help this year...Maybe all the players that will be sitting in the bench for Clarkrange will decide to just go and play at York..Looks like the TSSAa rules are allowing players to just go anywhere.I haven't seen many schools that it wouldn't effect..especially Single A teams....But,I'm anxious to see what the Clarkrange fans think..and even the York fans ..

This is a very misleading post. There are not 7 new transfers at Clarkrange. Fentress County is not zoned, and the 8th grade students can go to CHS or York. That is their decision. If an 8th grade student went to South Fentress for middle school and then wanted to go to York she could. These girls and their families have to make that choice. A transfer would be a young lady who enrolled in another high school and established an athletic record and then moves. The girls you are talking about are all incoming freshman. CHS just came off of a 39-0 season and a state championship. If you are an 8th grade girl in Fentress County you would be crazy not to come play for Lamar. No rules have been broken here. Carly and Molly are both transfers, but both of their families have made a bona fide move. The other girls can go where ever they choose.

MIDTN, listen, I have no dog in the race, but you keep running it into the ground. Your posts about CR seem to be filled with envy and hatred. It is dispicable to see someone like you continue to down a team. Look, get off of it, instead of getting off on it. CR is a power, and if kids in the area want to play basketball, CR is the perfect place to do it. CR or York? Are you serious. The records and gold balls say enough as to the answer if that question. Good luck to all, even the power. Hope you beat whomever, except Livingston Academy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As I have posted before: Clarkrange is the only Fentriss Co funded High School. York Institute is a state funded High School. C'Range is managed by the Fentress Co School Board, as well as all of the middleschools and elementry schools. The kids have a choice. Go to a County school or a State school.

As I have posted before: Clarkrange is the only Fentriss Co funded High School. York Institute is a state funded High School. C'Range is managed by the Fentress Co School Board, as well as all of the middleschools and elementry schools. The kids have a choice. Go to a County school or a State school.

Good post but most from the upper cumberland know that, midtenn included...And he also knows that their is no zoning.....He just likes to have "intense fellowship" with the Clarkrange brotherhood. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

why would some young lady not want to play for clarkrange play for one of the winningest coaches in state history and have a chance to win a state title? maybe the players and parents see it as the best oppurtunity for the girl to get better and have a chance of playing beyond high school!

Exactly correct!

Why would quality players not want to play for the best coach/school they can? This is not recruiting it is simply parents putting their kid in the best possible situation to be successful on the court. Academically the schools are equal so why not when a few championships while getting an education and possibly getting a free college education from it!

Exactly correct!

Why would quality players not want to play for the best coach/school they can? This is not recruiting it is simply parents putting their kid in the best possible situation to be successful on the court. Academically the schools are equal so why not when a few championships while getting an education and possibly getting a free college education from it!

If you are good enough to get a scholarship at Clarkrange while playing on basically an AAU team then you are good enough to get one at another school, too.