Clarkrange gets 7 new "transfers" in 2 years

This is a very misleading post. There are not 7 new transfers at Clarkrange. Fentress County is not zoned, and the 8th grade students can go to CHS or York. That is their decision. If an 8th grade student went to South Fentress for middle school and then wanted to go to York she could. These girls and their families have to make that choice. A transfer would be a young lady who enrolled in another high school and established an athletic record and then moves. The girls you are talking about are all incoming freshman. CHS just came off of a 39-0 season and a state championship. If you are an 8th grade girl in Fentress County you would be crazy not to come play for Lamar. No rules have been broken here. Carly and Molly are both transfers, but both of their families have made a bona fide move. The other girls can go where ever they choose.

You're right..These girls aren't tranfers..They aren't doing anything wrong..I don't blame any of them..as far as being zoned..They could drive to Shelyville and play as freshmen if they wanted to drive everyday..Most people aren't saying Clarkrange is doing anything illegal..although some think they are recruiting...Clarkrange is in a position and close by another school that benefits them because of the TSSAa rules..Whether zoned or not ..the TSSAA should come up with a rule that a student go to the school closest to their homes..Dyer Co. has the same situation in boys basketball..Dyersburg is only about 5 miles away..students in the city are supposedely suppose to go to Dyersburg..the county to Dyer Co..But they can go to any school they want as freshmen..Dyer Co also benefits from having several other schools close by..Gibson Co.,Halls,Crockett Co..Ripley..Lake Co..Obion Central,all within 15 to 30 minutes from Dyer Co..Dyer Co has a basketball star from Gibson Co..a baseball star from Ripley..both of them freshmen at the time that decided to drive to Dyer Co..Anotehr player ,a 6/6 center moved from Halls..Nothing was illegal about any of these players..Yea,a lot of grumblings from other fans about recruiting but Dyer Co has not done anything wrong,best of my knowledge..A lot of players and parents are thinking the same way..Dyer Co has become a basket power around this area and since the other towns aren't too far away or to drive..the kids want to go to school there..If a player is a stud at 6'6 or a star guard or a player and is at a Single A school or a school that may not have a lot of talent..guess where that child is going to go to school..Dyer Co also has an AAU team..plus open gym for everyone each night..A lot of players from other schools come and play pickup ball or shoot around and see the Dyer Co. gym..the talent around them..sets off a light in their heads..Plus..even though not recruiting..I'm sure a lot of the players are saying..Man..You coulb be the missing piece of the puzzle..We can be the top team in the State..Plus..a lot of people just around town telling players they should go to Clarkrange..talk in the stores..Walmart..coffee shops....So..don't know about the situation at Clarkrange about AAU..open gym but evidently are benifitting from other schools or at least 1 school close by..Just like Dyer Co..maybe not actual transfers..but because of the rules..just going to keep hauling in the elite players..Nothing against Clarkrange,the players...just doing what the rules allow them to take advantage of..I still think the TSSAA should step in,make players go to where they are zoned or closest school to their homes..or move..this is going to keep happening..Let's say those players lived closer to York and their families weren't going to move..The TSSAA had a rule that if they didn't move..they would have to stay at York..but if they still wanted to come and not move sit out a year..Wonder if those girls would still come to Clarkrange?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since CR has become a recruiting juggernaut i was wondering what the other girls on the team are going to do with 6 new girs coming to the team this year? this makes 7 in 2 years with Molly Heady giving CR the gold ball last year. What do the other parents think about all this? i would bet that some of them aren't very happy about it. Lets hear from the CR faithful!

My reply to this post was deleted earlier so I'll try again.--------------You need to stop and think about what you're doing by making this kind of post. Because you have a problem with one or two CR fans, does not give you the right to try and trash the entire CR BB program. Fans in this area know that Lamar runs a clean program but people from other parts of the state, not familier with this area, may not. Your school has had SEVERAL moveins over the past few years. Most posters in this area, regardless of what they thought about some of the moves, made no comments about them on these boards. You would be doing yourself, your school, and all BB programs in this area a favor if you would delete the above asinine post and give this subject a rest. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maybe, but i promise more average girls on winning teams get scholarships than good girls on poor teams.

And simply put----its fun win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The average girls on this team will not be playing. Their positions were just taken.

Now, what do you do if you are the parents of one of the current Clarkrange players who will no longer be able to get playing time? Do you go to the expense, hassle, etc to move because your daughter has always wanted to play high school basketball? Is it fair that they have to make that decision because of parents who live in another school zone?

My reply to this post was deleted earlier so I'll try again.--------------You need to stop and think about what you're doing by making this kind of post. Because you have a problem with one or two CR fans, does not give you the right to try and trash the entire CR BB program. Fans in this area know that Lamar runs a clean program but people from other parts of the state, not familier with this area, may not. Your school has had SEVERAL moveins over the past few years. Most posters in this area, regardless of what they thought about some of the moves, made no comments about them on these boards. You would be doing yourself, your school, and all BB programs in this area a favor if you would delete the above asinine post and give this subject a rest. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its a question that needs to be asked. what do the parents and the players that are already on the team think about 7 new transfers coming in and taking playing time from their daughters? I know that not everyone is happy about it how could they be? You are fairly new to this website so you either don't know what happened when Laken Leonard trasferred to JC and all the heck that was raised by every poster on here from CR about how bad JC was and i won't even say what was said about Laken and her family. This is nothin like that its a fair question! I guess if CR wins it all again and again and again then nothing will be said but if they get beat then look out! if i was old enough to have a kid i wouldn't want 7 players coming in an taking playing time from them or when i played i wouldnt like that at all. you know that playing time will be affected by everyone except molly! oh wait she came in and affected everyones playin time last year didn't she? hmmmmmmm /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The average girls on this team will not be playing. Their positions were just taken.

Now, what do you do if you are the parents of one of the current Clarkrange players who will no longer be able to get playing time? Do you go to the expense, hassle, etc to move because your daughter has always wanted to play high school basketball? Is it fair that they have to make that decision because of parents who live in another school zone?

This is a great question! What will the child do when they get a job and an employee transfers in from another company and takes their promotion because the new employee is more qualified?

The child can either work harder to get better or move schools! In my opinion she should stay where shes at and work hard in practice and on her own and get better. Practicing against better players in practice will make her better. And while shes at practice she needs to compete at everything...push the "starters" to new limits. Not everone can be the star! We all have roles in life and we each have to learn our roles!

College coaches will take a bench player from a successful program/team over a good player from a poor team because they know the "bench" player knows how to compete and they know that they earned ever minute of playing time they got from hard work!

Look at this as a blessing and not a curse!

In the end its just high school basketball and it will not be a defining moment in her life!

This is a great question! What will the child do when they get a job and an employee transfers in from another company and takes their promotion because the new employee is more qualified?

The child can either work harder to get better or move schools! In my opinion she should stay where shes at and work hard in practice and on her own and get better. Practicing against better players in practice will make her better. And while shes at practice she needs to compete at everything...push the "starters" to new limits. Not everone can be the star! We all have roles in life and we each have to learn our roles!

College coaches will take a bench player from a successful program/team over a good player from a poor team because they know the "bench" player knows how to compete and they know that they earned ever minute of playing time they got from hard work!

Look at this as a blessing and not a curse!

In the end its just high school basketball and it will not be a defining moment in her life!

This is all rosy, nice, and a good grown up post, but when you are a 16 year old girl that has been playing and your position is "taken away" from you, you do not see it as a blessing. I agree with most everything you said, but learning our role in life at this age is really tough.

Its a question that needs to be asked. what do the parents and the players that are already on the team think about 7 new transfers coming in and taking playing time from their daughters? I know that not everyone is happy about it how could they be? You are fairly new to this website so you either don't know what happened when Laken Leonard trasferred to JC and all the heck that was raised by every poster on here from CR about how bad JC was and i won't even say what was said about Laken and her family. This is nothin like that its a fair question! I guess if CR wins it all again and again and again then nothing will be said but if they get beat then look out! if i was old enough to have a kid i wouldn't want 7 players coming in an taking playing time from them or when i played i wouldnt like that at all. you know that playing time will be affected by everyone except molly! oh wait she came in and affected everyones playin time last year didn't she? hmmmmmmm /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

It doesn't matter where a new freshman comes from if she is good enough to take playing time from a girl who is already on the team either the older girl is not very good or the freshman is exceptional. Either way the best player should play. I guess you are one of those people that thinks playing time is something you get because of who you are or where you are from instead of your ability. I would bet you stunk in any kind of ball that you played and someone rolled you. Every girl on CHS team has to earn their playing time. That is why they have 9 gold balls. If you earn playing time on their team you are a stud. You still show your stupidity by calling these girls transfers. 2 are transfers and the rest are incoming freshman. You are a joke, but keep on stirring the pot you are good at it. To bad you were not good enough to cut it on the floor, but hey we have all got to be good at something.

It doesn't matter where a new freshman comes from if she is good enough to take playing time from a girl who is already on the team either the older girl is not very good or the freshman is exceptional. Either way the best player should play. I guess you are one of those people that thinks playing time is something you get because of who you are or where you are from instead of your ability. I would bet you stunk in any kind of ball that you played and someone rolled you. Every girl on CHS team has to earn their playing time. That is why they have 9 gold balls. If you earn playing time on their team you are a stud. You still show your stupidity by calling these girls transfers. 2 are transfers and the rest are incoming freshman. You are a joke, but keep on stirring the pot you are good at it. To bad you were not good enough to cut it on the floor, but hey we have all got to be good at something.

Looking at all your posts it seems that you are one of the many that has jumped on the CR bandwagon. your first post was the one about the JC game at CR. either way it doesn't surprise me one bit to see another derogatory and degrading post coming from a Clarkrange fan it seems to be the norm for there. Some of the nastiest people on coacht live in that little town. Now back to the topic.

This is all rosy, nice, and a good grown up post, but when you are a 16 year old girl that has been playing and your position is "taken away" from you, you do not see it as a blessing. I agree with most everything you said, but learning our role in life at this age is really tough.

this is a good point and its the one i am trying to get across. When is it TOO MUCH? 7 in two years is just crazy!! no matter what anyone says 7 of them dont just show up at your door step, sorry i aint buying that one. What does this do to the York program? Losing 6 players off of your team will for sure cripul the program it has to especially losing good players! the resentment in fentress county between York and Clarkrange has got to be HUGE!!! I look for some type of meeting by county officials in the future you wait and see!

this is a good point and its the one i am trying to get across. When is it TOO MUCH? 7 in two years is just crazy!! no matter what anyone says 7 of them dont just show up at your door step, sorry i aint buying that one. What does this do to the York program? Losing 6 players off of your team will for sure cripul the program it has to especially losing good players! the resentment in fentress county between York and Clarkrange has got to be HUGE!!! I look for some type of meeting by county officials in the future you wait and see!

You don't get it! The girls you are referring to never were a part of the York team. You keep making this statement that York lost seven girls, but you can't lose what you never had. Every kid in Fentress County can go to either York or CHS. York has lost two girls to CHS that were already on their team. The fact that you keep pushing this issue shows what your agenda is. So you have come to expect this from Clarkrange fans, well Clarkrange fans have come to expect this kind of nonsense from you. GET OVER IT!

How many girls lost a spot on the team? I am sure no other team in the state of Tennessee has 7 new players this year? The rules are set and clear, if you do not like what happens in Clarkrange or anywhere else, talk to TSSAA. Like you said above... enough really is enough? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />