Remaining 16U ASA Qualifiers

What is the schedule for this weekend? Is it posted somewhere?

Here ya go...(this has been 'revised' a couple of times because of drop-outs, so don't hold me to it)

Saturday, 6/27:

Game 1 - Roane Krush vs. Chatt. Heat, 8:30am

Game 2 - Athletics vs. Thunder '93, 10:15am

Winners play at 12p; that winner plays at 7p

Losers play at 3:30p

Game 3 - Team Worth vs. Firebirds, 10:15am

Game 4 - Team Synergy vs. Thunder '92, 12pm

Winners play at 1:45p; that winner plays at 7p

Losers play at 5:15p

C'ship - Sun. at 5:45p

All games at Warner, I think. Summit isn't ready.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a winner yet? I heard Worth was waiting for the winner of Thunder '93 and Team Synergy. Not familiar with Synergy. Anyone know who they are and where they are from?

Thunder 93 over Synergy (Synergy is from the Mid TN area I think)

Worth beat Thunder 93 in the championship to win there Berth. Congradulations to Team Worth!!! Is there anyone that watched this game care to comment on what wet on. Going on the last time these two teams met I was expecting a knock down drag out battel. Thanks.

Do we have a winner yet? I heard Worth was waiting for the winner of Thunder '93 and Team Synergy. Not familiar with Synergy. Anyone know who they are and where they are from?

Team Synergy is based out of Franklin. The Thunder 93/Synergy game was outstanding with Thunder pushing a run across with less than 3 minutes to go in the game. Synergy looked to be running out of GAS playing their 3rd 90 min. game in a row with the tempature around 100. Congratulations to Team Worth and "Good Luck" in South Dakota.

Championship Game went to Worth 16-2 over Thunder 93. Congrats to Michael Connell and the Worth Ladies. Outstanding Pitching from Caralisa Connell & Haley Fagan. Can't say enough about the catching and pitch calling by catcher Kendall Hooper. This Team has really flexed it's muscle the past two weekends in Cincinnati & Chattanooga.

Great Job! ..... Jordan Abell - Rachel Carroll - SaraBeth Roberts - Crislyn Reese - Nina Dever - Makenzie Hopkins - Kendall Hooper - Caralisa Connell & Haley Fagan! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thunder 93 over Synergy (Synergy is from the Mid TN area I think)

Worth beat Thunder 93 in the championship to win there Berth. Congradulations to Team Worth!!! Is there anyone that watched this game care to comment on what wet on. Going on the last time these two teams met I was expecting a knock down drag out battel. Thanks.

Alot of knock down but not much drag out either game. 9-0 and 16-2. To much pitching. To much hitting top to bottom. Middle of the order was nasty. Not much drop off at the bottom. They are better than I thought they were and they are a lot better than they were the first week in hendersonville even though they were good then.

No 10u. No 12u. 11 in 14u. 7 in 16u. 4 in 18u. ASA is broke.

Alot of knock down but not much drag out either game. 9-0 and 16-2. To much pitching. To much hitting top to bottom. Middle of the order was nasty. Not much drop off at the bottom. They are better than I thought they were and they are a lot better than they were the first week in hendersonville even though they were good then.

No 10u. No 12u. 11 in 14u. 7 in 16u. 4 in 18u. ASA is broke.

But the BEST in TN not already qualified were there. It is not the quantity it is the quality.

Worth scores 1 in the top of the 1st, then T '93 answers with 2. It was like awakening the giant or something...Worth goes nuts and pitchin'/catchin' just seemed to get stronger. Bats got hot and MC was in his 'element.'

Congrats, ladies! You done good. It was HOT, but 'worth' it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (sorry, I had to; you knew it was comin' /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

4 berths, right? So who's going from TN now: Nighthawks, Fury, Worth and ?

Worth is a good team, big girls with big pitching and big defense. Team Synergy played them earlier and it was 0-0 going into the 4th with a great game...then a homerun broke it open to 4-0. The Synergy/Thunder semi-game could have gone either way with a heck of a international tiebreaker coming, had it not been for the Synergy third base, who absolutely choked when a ball came to her with a runner on third and 1 out. DO NOT CONCEDE THE RUN! well, she scooped it, ignoring the runner whose head was down barrelling home for the out at the plate, instead tradeing an out for a run with less that 2 minutes to go, then acted like she had made the correct play......please! She is suppossedly going to the Junior Olympics in Italy in July with softball.......Go USA! Terriable.

It was bad hot and the girls, both teams, gutted it through, but neither would have had much for a fresh Worth..tough team!

For those wondering, Team Synergy is out of franklin and a first year team coached by Jose' Garcia, former D1 coach and known throughout TN as a coach and instructor. Great instruction but the team needs some culling out as it was put together fast and did not have the advantage of a fall shaking out period.

For whom ever wishes to put the players down you should have balls enough to post your real name, otherwise keep your comments to yourself.

I have seen Team Synergy play recently & I was mortified when the coach yelled at a player in the out field on the other team.

This is Chris Carpenter isn't it, you still whinning about the Forrest/Trinity game?

First off - I would love to know when the Synergy coach yelled at a player on the opposing team? My daughters have been taking lessons from Jose' for a while and even this weekend when things really did not go their way he never lost his cool.

2nd- You were moritfied?????

Also, have the BALLS to post your name when calling someone out to post theirs!!!

Joey Morris

Worth is a good team, big girls with big pitching and big defense. Team Synergy played them earlier and it was 0-0 going into the 4th with a great game...then a homerun broke it open to 4-0. The Synergy/Thunder semi-game could have gone either way with a heck of a international tiebreaker coming, had it not been for the Synergy third base, who absolutely choked when a ball came to her with a runner on third and 1 out. DO NOT CONCEDE THE RUN! well, she scooped it, ignoring the runner whose head was down barrelling home for the out at the plate, instead tradeing an out for a run with less that 2 minutes to go, then acted like she had made the correct play......please! She is suppossedly going to the Junior Olympics in Italy in July with softball.......Go USA! Terriable.

It was bad hot and the girls, both teams, gutted it through, but neither would have had much for a fresh Worth..tough team!

For those wondering, Team Synergy is out of franklin and a first year team coached by Jose' Garcia, former D1 coach and known throughout TN as a coach and instructor. Great instruction but the team needs some culling out as it was put together fast and did not have the advantage of a fall shaking out period.

In our game & the other 2 games I watched, Team Synergy played well & there coach Jose' conducted himself respectfully & with class the entire time. He seemed to be very good at his job. Your statement "The Synergy/Thunder semi-game could have gone either way with a heck of a international tiebreaker coming, had it not been for the Synergy third base, who absolutely choked when a ball came to her with a runner on third and 1 out. DO NOT CONCEDE THE RUN! well, she scooped it, ignoring the runner whose head was down barrelling home for the out at the plate, instead tradeing an out for a run with less that 2 minutes to go, then acted like she had made the correct play" insinuates that our runner was doing something wrong. She was not. Its called a hit and run. She attempted to steal home in the first or second inning when she was taged out attempting a hook-slide to avoid the pitcher who she thought had the ball when actually the catcher kept it. Smart play by Synergys catcher. If she had of slid stright in she would have been safe. Did there third base woman make a mental mistake? Maybe, but she is still a 15-16yo child & those things happen. Show some class & please dont call out a child on a message board.