Irish playin fair?

First off not all of us know who KCHS is.

Secondly while it may not be legal, how does it differ from the AAU teams in Basketball and Baseball? That is a question I have always wondered about. With AAU some teams manage to practice year round. Football does not have this luxuory, but SHOULD!

Actually, they do. The schools basketball coach cannot practice the basketball team during the dead period or any other time not designated by the state association. But someone else can. The same could be true for football. A parent could buy all of the equipment, do the coaching, arrange games, etc. So actually, it is the exact same.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its a money issue, I think its an unfair competitive edge issue. Nothing wrong with working hard during the summer or offseason but trying to bend the rules or go beyond them just isn't sporting. I know the AD of the school reads these posts, maybe he has some info that will shed light on the legality of it.

To answer your question, AAU is not regulated by T$$AA so they can practice everyday of the year if they desire. If their was an AAU football program they to could practice when ever they wanted.

AAU cannot practice everyday of the year. They are not allowed to practice, play games, or even have tryouts when a player is involved in his high school season of that sport.

KCHS is taking their entire team and staff out of state for padded scrimmages and practices. Is that even legal?

Considering that Coach Meadows and his staff have been at school all week it blows my mind they can be in two places at once. It's amazing how rumors get started.

Since you seem to be the recorder of geographical movements Scott, maybe you can tell us where they were between june 11-14 and IF they will be traveling july 10-14. hard to imagine one state title makes a school so paranoid

Since June 11-14 and July 10-14 are not the dead period who cares where they are. I do know the starting QB (and several other FB players) for the Irish was with the basketball team at team camp June 11-14. Hard to travel when your starting QB is playing basketball huh? Starting rumors to get a program in trouble is low, why not take some illegal substances and sprinkle them in the locker rooms, the practice fields or where ever, get a life!

Actually, they do. The schools basketball coach cannot practice the basketball team during the dead period or any other time not designated by the state association. But someone else can. The same could be true for football. A parent could buy all of the equipment, do the coaching, arrange games, etc. So actually, it is the exact same.

It just can't be on campus. Plus as Mr. Nix has stated AAU (if playing by the rules) can not practice year round.