Suggestions/Information/ & other Stuff

CoachT

These are some things I have learned from emails and private messages from members. Check back here occasionally as we will add other suggestions, etc. as necessary:

Message Board Settings

First thing to look at is how you view the messages meaning there are several ways to view the boards. (1) Look just above this thread and you will see either Expand or Tree. I much prefer Expand but try both and see which you like. (2) In the same area you will see RevSort or FwdSort. Again, my preference is RevSort so I see the most recent posts at the top. Takes a little getting used to but, especially when there are a LOT of posts on a topic, it keeps you from having to go to the last page each time in order to see what was posted last. Again, see which you like. (3) There are some other choices in your Profile, also.

Please use initials of schools sparingly! Especially if you are beginning a thread the use of initials can be confusing. Many schools around the state share initals with other schools.

Editing or Deleting Messages. You can edit or delete your OWN message(s). Go to the message, look for the EDIT link, and follow the directions. If you have accidentally posted the same message twice or more then you can delete all but one of them, one at a time.

Best Font Settings to view site. I saw a fan's computer once and didn't recognize my own site. It was set for Large fonts and there was "stuff" all over the place. Using Internet Explorer click "View", "Text Size" and see what you like. I use the Smaller option but you decide.

Netscape 4.7 We have a lot of trouble with this browser. Try upgrading or using Internet Explorer.

Plus membership. This is a place for members who occasionally want to discuss other topics besides prep sports. It is improving daily as we get more members involved. One extra benefit is the Private Messaging with Plus. It is a very convenient service to have. The CoachT Chat room is another very useful, entertaining feature of Plus, also. The cost is only $12 a year. (We use PayPal for payments which is used by EBay and others, very secure.) Helps us pay the server costs, etc, on the site.

Posted by coacht:

These are some things I have learned from emails and private messages from members. Check back here occasionally as we will add other suggestions, etc. as necessary:

Message Board Settings

First thing to look at is how you view the messages meaning there are several ways to view the boards. (1) Look just above this thread and you will see either Expand or Tree. I much prefer Expand but try both and see which you like. (2) In the same area you will see RevSort or FwdSort. Again, my preference is RevSort so I see the most recent posts at the top. Takes a little getting used to but, especially when there are a LOT of posts on a topic, it keeps you from having to go to the last page each time in order to see what was posted last. Again, see which you like. (3) There are some other choices in your Profile, also.

Please use initials of schools sparingly! Especially if you are beginning a thread the use of initials can be confusing. Many schools around the state share initals with other schools.

Editing or Deleting Messages. You can edit or delete your OWN message(s). Go to the message, look for the EDIT link, and follow the directions. If you have accidentally posted the same message twice or more then you can delete all but one of them, one at a time.

Best Font Settings to view site. I saw a fan's computer once and didn't recognize my own site. It was set for Large fonts and there was "stuff" all over the place. Using Internet Explorer click "View", "Text Size" and see what you like. I use the Smaller option but you decide.

Netscape 4.7 We have a lot of trouble with this browser. Try upgrading or using Internet Explorer.

Plus membership. This is a place for members who occasionally want to discuss other topics besides prep sports. It is improving daily as we get more members involved. One extra benefit is the Private Messaging with Plus. It is a very convenient service to have. The CoachT Chat room is another very useful, entertaining feature of Plus, also. The cost is only $12 a year. (We use PayPal for payments which is used by EBay and others, very secure.) Helps us pay the server costs, etc, on the site.

Test