halls vs. clinton 2009 week 0

hallsfan10

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This saturday is the freshman jamboree. It involves several teams from the area. I have been told that it is usually at Powell but was moved due to the construction of their new stadium. I do not know the schedule or which teams are participating.

I have just been told that a Halls player was in a car accident today and is hurt. I was also told that it was serious but that it should not be life threatening (I hope this is true). I am not comfortable sharing a name or any more details of the injury here. Please pray for this player and his family.

This saturday is the freshman jamboree. It involves several teams from the area. I have been told that it is usually at Powell but was moved due to the construction of their new stadium. I do not know the schedule or which teams are participating.

I have just been told that a Halls player was in a car accident today and is hurt. I was also told that it was serious but that it should not be life threatening (I hope this is true). I am not comfortable sharing a name or any more details of the injury here. Please pray for this player and his family.

I always hate to hear news like this.....we will keep him and his family in our prayers.

I've heard that the injured player is the starting QB and that his injuries will keep him out for his senior season. Thankfully, though, I hear he will recover, which is obviously the only really important thing.

Diver hated to hear about the accident to Dowdy.....Know his daddy and hope he haves a speedy recovery......

Terribly sorry to hear about Dowdy. Very relieved to hear he is alive and recovering. Very nice family. The kid had waited his turn and now that his time had come its ashame that he will have to watch from the sideline. But its GREAT he CAN watch it from the sideline. The sheriffs officer who responded to the crash told me he was lucky to be alive. Best wishes Zach for a speedy recovery and best wishes to your team from all of us at CAK.

Hope Dowdy has a speedy recovery and hopefully all is well! Can someone close to the program answer a few questions?

1)Does anyone know anything about the back-up quarterbacks that are know fighting for a starting position?

2)How badly does this hurt Halls in their hunt to make the play-offs?

Dowdy waited his turn, learned, & worked his butt off the past 3 years.

He has developed a very good passing arm & Halls was poised to take advantage of it.

He also has deceptive speed (see long keeper run vs. Catholic).

His knowlege of the offense & Sr. leadership will be missed.

So make no mistake, the loss of #14 is a great blow to the team's playoff prospects, ...but not fatal.

This is a VERY special Senior led squad with a big chip on their shoulder (from last year) & somebody's gonna pay for it sooner or later this year (hopefully sooner).

The remaining QBs are a Jr. & So. with very little varsity game experience.

However, they are both capable & athletic with their own individual QB special talents.

Both can pass, both can run.

Halls will be fine until #14 returns for the playoffs (hopefully).

Halls may need to rely on their traditional running game for the first few games, but thats ok.

Its what Halls does.

Just my take.

HB76

I agree HB. From everything I am hearing, Dowdy was one of the 4 or 5 leaders on this team that have been great in the off season. I have heard rumors that he is going to try to comeback. I am not sure how realistic that is with his condition. I will leave that up to the Dr. and parents. I would love to see him get to play at least some of his senior year. More importantly, I am thankful he was not hurt worse and I hope he has a quick recovery.

Halls strength this year should be its defense. Dowdy played more of a backup role there. So, we should still be okay. Offensively, there is no way to tell how #11 or #12 will handle being thrown into the fire. No scrimmages with the first string will hurt. I am sure the coaches will have to dial back on the playbook a little. I hope we can get the running game going or it could be a long season.

This news is a shock for me. I have been out of town on vacation and just got back late last night. Turned on the internet and BAM, Zack Dowdy out for the season. This is not good for the Devils. I have watch this young man grow each of the last two years and he was ready to take us to the play offs.

Prayers to the Dowdy family from North Knoxville.

I thought the defense for Halls continued to look pretty quick and defended pretty well.

The offense appeared to struggle. However, it was against a very good defense.

It has been a tough week for this team. All things being considered, not a bad showing.

Is O’Laughlin hurt? He didn't get many carries and didn't run the 50 this year at halftime.