8U travel team in Spring Hill area

ojf

Are there any 8U travel teams in the Spring Hill area? My son is playing for Little League all star right now and would love to find something a little more competitive for him..any suggestions?

Yeah. Wait about 4 years. Burning out coach pitch phenoms before they ever get to the big field should be against the law. Our 8 y.o. phenoms ventured out into the world of 'travel ball' this year making the big step to kid pitch and travel ball at the same time. Most of those parents are sending their sons back to LL next year. I'm the old daddy in that group. I have a high school junior and a 3rd grader. My little guy didn't try out for the team.

My suggestion, for what it's worth is to play LL with his friends half of the summer, go to all star tournaments and then find some local pickup tournaments after all stars are over. It's a good mix of developing fundamental baseball skills during the rec league season and then applying those skills in a more competitive environment. If that's not enough baseball for your kid, put him in a fall ball league to further develop his fundamentals.

Yeah. Wait about 4 years. Burning out coach pitch phenoms before they ever get to the big field should be against the law. Our 8 y.o. phenoms ventured out into the world of 'travel ball' this year making the big step to kid pitch and travel ball at the same time. Most of those parents are sending their sons back to LL next year. I'm the old daddy in that group. I have a high school junior and a 3rd grader. My little guy didn't try out for the team.

My suggestion, for what it's worth is to play LL with his friends half of the summer, go to all star tournaments and then find some local pickup tournaments after all stars are over. It's a good mix of developing fundamental baseball skills during the rec league season and then applying those skills in a more competitive environment. If that's not enough baseball for your kid, put him in a fall ball league to further develop his fundamentals.

Thanks for the advice, its kinda what I was thinking. The all stars this summer for coach pitch was a lot of traveling, so it gave me an idea about what travel ball would be like. I grew up in the little league program and loved it and so far that is what we are going to stick with....

My 9 y.o. still has the itch after all stars is over, which is a good thing. I promised him he could take off a few weeks and then we'd find some fall ball for him to play. To be honest I have a lot better perspective after the first son went through a lot of the same stuff.

There's a burn out factor and they have to enjoy doing it or they'll quit and you'll never know what kind of baseball player they might have been.

Good luck.

My 9 y.o. still has the itch after all stars is over, which is a good thing. I promised him he could take off a few weeks and then we'd find some fall ball for him to play. To be honest I have a lot better perspective after the first son went through a lot of the same stuff.

There's a burn out factor and they have to enjoy doing it or they'll quit and you'll never know what kind of baseball player they might have been.

Good luck.

you are right...fall ball is a lot less intense and he still gets to hang out with his friends that he made this summer. I'm happy to let him pursue something he loves...but he does still have at least 10 more years of baseball in him and I want him to love it thru high school and maybe even beyond..

Slow and steady. It's a marathon, not a race.

The 1998-99 7&8 y.o. all star teams that I coached to our league's 2nd and 3rd district championships ever, mostly turned out to be good athletes. Only 3 of the 16 boys that were on those 2 teams are playing high school baseball.