New Message Boards

CoachT

As you look around please keep in mind that we will be changing the look quite a bit, adding skins so that you can choose your favorite color schemes. etc. There are many additional things we can do with these boards but since our site counts on having a database that works cohesively between the main site and these boards, it takes awhile to put in all in place. Everything has to be tested to make sure it all "fits" together. I think you will like the finished product and appreciate your patience.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vioew New Posts option will be back soon. We turned off the search for now and that is part of that system.

The look and feel of the boards will change as soon as we get all of the little bugs worked out. As I have posted in articles about upgrade it is not just for the sake of change. We wouldn't be doing it if that were teh case.

I liked the old board better as well. but I guess we'll all just have to adjust..I still haven't fifured out how to enter a schedule..You say it's at the top of the message boards for each sport but I haven't found it or I just keep over looking it..When I do look at the Lake Co schedule..there are 3 games there now..but no place that says add a game..Any help will be appreciated..!

Change for the sake of change is always a mistake.

I'm glad to report to you that we made the changes for some very good reasons.

Fortunately, the changes will have no impact on who will make the playoffs in the upcoming high school football season, they will not influence the moon's gravitational impact on ocean tides and they will have no role in the manipulation of green tea prices in China.

The changes will allow you to continue reading, posting and sharing information with others about high schools sports as has been done on CoachT.com for the past 10+ years now.

If you experience any error messages, images not loading, etc... do not hesitate to let us know. Either here or in the topic I started this morning under What's New.

iamoz...I will just post a reply since I can't figure out how to reply to your post directly. I don't mean to seem like a smart A and so I will appologize for my verbage. BUT, in all sincerety, if this is an upgrade and if money was paid for it then yes, it is exactly like the new TSSAA classifications. And that would be a waste of time, effort, and money. Please, ask for a refund and go back to the way it was before. And let all the staff split the money you would have paid so they can enjoy a bonus for successfully listening to constructive criticisms and reaping the fruits thereof. Seriously, this is now a message board form the early 90's. You got ripped and you will lose hits. Listen to your clientele and go back now.

iamoz...I will just post a reply since I can't figure out how to reply to your post directly. I don't mean to seem like a smart A and so I will appologize for my verbage. BUT, in all sincerety, if this is an upgrade and if money was paid for it then yes, it is exactly like the new TSSAA classifications. And that would be a waste of time, effort, and money. Please, ask for a refund and go back to the way it was before. And let all the staff split the money you would have paid so they can enjoy a bonus for successfully listening to constructive criticisms and reaping the fruits thereof. Seriously, this is now a message board form the early 90's. You got ripped and you will lose hits. Listen to your clientele and go back now.

Guys calm down CoachT explained before the change over and again after that its a work in progress and is probably no where near what the finished product will look like in the days/weeks to come.

Getting the board back online bare bones was probably the quickest and fastest way to trial and error the other features as there installed.

I could give you a lot of reasons, which some would call excuses, but will keep it short. The other software, to do what we want to do, would have ended up costing us $7,500 a year and yet would not have been able to do what we have to do, long-term. The current software is simple on purpose because it gives us the basic software code which iamoz can take and make it better than anything on the market, just like he did with the last boards. It will just take awhile. As you can see, things are changing on this board as we speak.

There is no staff. iamoz does the tech stuff, my wife takes care of the college site for me (even when she is in Germany like now), and I do the rest. iamoz and I both work fulltime jobs although I am off in the summers. His job is what kept us from being able to do this earlier in the summer. I hate change. Absolutely hate it.

I liked the old board better as well. but I guess we'll all just have to adjust..I still haven't fifured out how to enter a schedule..You say it's at the top of the message boards for each sport but I haven't found it or I just keep over looking it..When I do look at the Lake Co schedule..there are 3 games there now..but no place that says add a game..Any help will be appreciated..!

It's better now since I posted the post above earlier..At least with the reply or quote and edit buttons added ..I believe everyting is going to be ok..!Just a litle inconvenence at the start..