Indy news?

hsfbfan1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have they found a running back yet > and on defense will they be able to tackle this year>

saw some footage of soph Adam thompson, last year frosh Qb he was like 72-93 for some 1180 yds passing will be a good backup for Heckman but kid looks like he can play now , will he see time as reciver or a d-sie of the ball

It just so happens I ran into an Indy parent at Publix this week and apparently the team did very well at Vanderbilt last weekend in their 7v7 tournament. He thought they had won maybe 8 games and lost 3, which I suppose for 7v7 is not too bad?

According to the same parent, the team is starting camp next week and will scrimmage Page next week as well. He seemed excited about the team's summer and feels like this team could do much better than many think they will. I follow the team as much as possible and feel this team could do very well. As Palin pointed out, the run game and defense will be the determining factor, but from what I hear and read, Coach Eubanks has made an attempt to address those areas this offseason. And Palin, I did see the Thompson kid play last year in a couple of ninth grade games, and does appear to be a pretty good athlete.

High school football is just weeks away! Hope all teams and all players have a safe summer camp!

MJ

thanks for the update and you are correct if Indy cant stop the run this year it will be another long season, in addition Heckman needs to have a running back that can take the pressure off him having to do it all. As i mentioned last year the offense was so one dimmensional last year- all the teams in conference KNEW Indy was not going to run the ball, and if they did they didnt fear the run. The other coaches are too smart and they gamed planned to stop Heckman... I am hoping for Indy to surprise some teams this year and maybe they can sneak into a playoff spot...

Depending on how a team uses 7 v 7, it can be beneficial during the off-season. However W's and L's in 7 v 7 mean nothing when it comes time for the regular season. It will be interesting to see how Indy does this year. I believe they have a solid group of young men coming back this season; however are lacking the overall team speed they had last season. I do believe there are a couple of seniors who can take their game to the next level (NAIA or Div 2) if they play to their potential this season.

Yes Indy did very well in 7 v. 7 placing 6th in vandy out of 32 teams, but i also agree that wont translate to winning real games. As for running backs they have multiple players at the running back and fullback position. No clear cut starter at running back for now. Some new offensive formations using running triple-options with a fullback or sometimes a slot reciever. Their inexpirence in the backfield could lead to the Eagles downfall. The defense could be better than most people think. The defensive secondary is skilled, fast, has great recognition that can make up for linebacker mistakes, and could be the best in the district.

As for the qb position; #1 Heckman and #2 Thompson, of course.

About Adam Thompson, yes very skilled, but reminds me of a former Indy quarterback; Zac Cordell. Thompson has an attitude, thinks he is all that sort of guy and gets on coaches nerves sometimes (I've heard this from multiple Indy players). No doubt he can lead an offense for his Junior and Senior years, but if his attitude distracts him from concentrating this year, meaning he should be watching flim and learning from Heckman, then he'll struggle his two years of, possibly, starting. No offense to him but thats what he needs to do for his future.

I agree mack with the defense, last year i have to admit that thier run defense was very very very sickening. I awould love to see thier run defense yards per game average was last year .... AS for a running back the need to find someone to protect the Heckman and not make them so predictable...I think INDY will surprise some this year- very tough region very tough non conf. schedule as well (oakland,MBA)

was dyson a good pick for AD at INDY ? so INDY will have the best dressed AD but compared to Henrie is this an improvement or move backwards for the sports program ( I do believe however with the principal and assistant principal in place Dyson will just be the puppet )

Dyson states "I had to go where the opportunity was. This is another opportunity for me to get some more experience, build a resume, make myself more marketable."

amke himself more marketable at what INDYS expense, it is clear he is a one and done maybe 2 years before he moves on with his marketability.... Stabilty where is it at?

anyways back to ball....any predications on INDYS record this year folks>

Dyson states "I had to go where the opportunity was. This is another opportunity for me to get some more experience, build a resume, make myself more marketable."

amke himself more marketable at what INDYS expense, it is clear he is a one and done maybe 2 years before he moves on with his marketability.... Stabilty where is it at?

I would have to agree with you on that statement. First thing that came to my head when I read that was build a resume to leave.

I can not get other Franklin people to chat with me so I came over here to see what was going on.

was dyson a good pick for AD at INDY ? so INDY will have the best dressed AD but compared to Henrie is this an improvement or move backwards for the sports program ( I do believe however with the principal and assistant principal in place Dyson will just be the puppet )

It was better than the AD Indy all ready had, 'coach' Jones former AD, was only there a year. And dont know if he even did anything besides stand at the sides of students who were signing their letters of intent to colleges. Jones just was there and waited for a higher job to open up and he got lucky, promoted to an assistant principle. If Dyson wants to build his resume he should stay there for at least 4 years. Dyson wanted the job and he got it.