Dissed by Kiffin

possum

Wow, he went there.

Do not agree, how many of these ranked studs end up duds because of the hype? Other than this web site most players do not get much recognition in the media. Kiffin fell a notch in my book over this statement from the Chattanoogan.

Unfortunately, in Tennessee, as much as we love our state, we do not have a lot of great high school players there. Those are the facts, those are the stats. This article pointed out the stuff we already researched when we took the job to develop a plan. The plan had to be we had to create national attention immediately. I don't think people give you four or five year plans any more, especially in this conference. None of you guys in here are going to say, If you're not winning in year two or three, let's give him a couple more years. That's not how it works, especially down here.

O wonder BJ Coleman left Tennesse, maybe he was not given a chance because he was from Tennessee. If Kiffin was really stat oreinted BJ would be the starting QB right now. That is the fact.

Very disapointed with his statement. Words like here, or down there, Yankee go home.

OK then explain the Reveiz kid at LB. TN Walk on who Kiffin has nothing but good things to say.

BJ was a spoiled Blue Blood. If he had guts he would have hung in there like lots of TN greats. Thank goodness guys like Rick Clausan, Daryl Dickey, Andy Kelly and others who helped the programm didn't give up.

I like Reveiz, but I wouldn't be surprised if Herman Lathers isn't the starter by the 3rd or 4th game he has been really coming on strong.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis people always say what great players they have, every year Memphis has 8-10 Div. 1 prospects. Name 8-10 div 1 players that have come from Memphis the last 2 years. Don't include all of western tennessee or parts of Arkansas, just Memphis.

Also, Tennessee has their choice of players. They consider things like home life, GRADES, attitude, etc.

Is that why Fulmer was fired last year? His choices were part of his problem or more importantly the kids choices caused his demise. Based on the Police reports from the past few years I would say the ones that got there may not have had all those considerations. Kiffin is brash and young, I do agree that the talent being recruited in TN will hear these words from the other side. I think it is interesting that in one post there is a concern as to why TN kids don't immediately want to play for their "State" school and another post that makes it clear their "State" school could care less about them unless they can produce wins.

Not sure why his statements have created a stir when they simply reflect a pretty common mindset in Knoxville. If he wins with CA, FL, TX or talent from Mexico it won't matter as long as he wins. Kiffin will do fine under this scenario for a period of years (or get fired) and there is no such thing as a "State" school when it comes to football recruiting.

• 4 months later...

I would like to take this opportunity to tell Lane Kiffin, you burper, go back to were you came from. This guy never bought into Tennessee, had little respect for the football players in this state, or Tennessee tradition. I have worked with and been around his kind before. This guy would make a very good used car salesman. At best. Go Vols.