U.T.09-10 season

muffin

What kind of season will the Vols have?

My prediction is 8-4. Win the 4 out of conference games, UK, and Vandy. Lose to Florida and Bama. Split with UGA/Ole Miss. Split with Auburn/SC.

9-3 or 7-5 would not shock me. I think the defense will be solid again, but I just don't know what to expect from the offense. If the offensive struggles really were 90% Clawson's fault last year as many have said, I think it could be a surprising season. Only other thing that concerns me is depth, or lack thereof.

• 1 month later...
I'm predicting 9-3.....

After watching yesterday, 9-3 may not be so off target. I know who it was, but UT dominated that game like they should have done as well.

The same way they should have dominated! Wyoming last year (7-13 L) or Northern Illinois (13-9 W)

I can't wait to see the scoreboards get a workout with this staff Coach Kiffin being from USC is used to putting up the points and I'm tired of Tennessee just being glad to get up by 14 points and then cruising to a 10 point win instead of burying them like Florida, USC, Texas and other big time programs!

I see Florida and Alabama being the only real losses right now. Georgia didn't look very good in Stillwater and Auburn & Ole Miss also has trouble this week.

I'm predicting 9-3.....

After watching yesterday, 9-3 may not be so off target. I know who it was, but UT dominated that game like they should have done as well.

The same way they should have dominated! Wyoming last year (7-13 L) or Northern Illinois (13-9 W)

I can't wait to see the scoreboards get a workout with this staff Coach Kiffin being from USC is used to putting up the points and I'm tired of Tennessee just being glad to get up by 14 points and then cruising to a 10 point win instead of burying them like Florida, USC, Texas and other big time programs!

I see Florida and Alabama being the only real losses right now. Georgia didn't look very good in Stillwater and Auburn & Ole Miss also has trouble this week.

I agree i don't see Georgia as a loss they got QB troubles. And also a defense trouble as well. I think this may be a better season than most vols fans think! Fulmer would never bury any one it just didn't have it in him! With a break in and there you never know! We'll find out more Saturday GO VOLS!! :hungry:

:D

Yesterday showed this to me as posted below what I posted on a TN message Board.

Were still probably two recruiting classes away to get out of this hole we were left in as for as talent, depth and play makers.

In this past years recruiting class we worked mainly on the defensive side of the ball with 10 or 11 of the signees slated for defense. This coming signing day will be for the offensive side of the ball Quarterback, Receivers, Offensive Linemen, kicker. It will then take the 2011 Class to fill in what holes are left and add depth before we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tyler Bray can't get here soon enough he is expected to enroll in January and go through spring practice I expect him to be under center when TN takes the field against UT-Martin next September 4th!

Yesterday also showed that they need some big time players on the offensive line of scrimmage that's why they couldn't score from the 1 yard line late in the game they have no depth and was to wore out to get any kind of push against a veteran D-line especially one with a top 10-15 draft pick clogging up the middle.

This news tonight takes the sting out of yesterday! :|:|

Byrnes (SC) HS Defensive Ends Corey Miller (6'4, 230, 4.6) and Brandon Willis (6'4, 255, 4.7) have both committed to Tennessee as has Athlete DeMarco Cobbs (6'1, 198, 4.6) 4-stars by Rivals rated the #1 player in the state of Oklahoma he committed to the Vols Over Oklahoma, Southern Cal, LSU, FLorida among others.

It would be great to get pipeline started to UT from Byrnes HS they are loaded with talent year in and year out. This year including Miller & Willis they will probably have six or seven Div. 1 signees. Including running back Marcus Lattimore the #1 player in South Carolina and #2 overall running back by Rivals!