Select Soccer

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:roflol: Obviously if someone had the answer to where a list of DII or DIII teams

is keep they would have jumped at the chance to answer. Perhaps the reason that

folks like me never heard of it is because it must be a "secret order" of soccer . Oh well,

another attempt to spread the soccer word hits a wall. :lol:

The girl's season is over. It is on the TSSA website if you simply click on the league tab. At this time the list is for the boys. It will show you D1,D2, and D3. You really should get out more.

I will try to get out, but it's dangerous out there. :thumb:

You have done what those that have gone before you could not. You have given me direction to learn more about Divisions. However, I still don't know who (what teams) plays what, but I don't care. My daughter has moved on to college and I am just a hang-around like Canes and DonC.

If I followed your directions correctly, there is DI, D2 and R3 (Premier). I can sleep now.

Thanks for your hep! :thumb:

If I followed your directions correctly, there is DI, D2 and R3 (Premier). I can sleep now.

You've made such good progress :thumb: Now, just a little bit more to go, again from the TSSA website, this info will show a listing of some of the teams in each division from this past girls season. That will give you something else to ponder, but keep going, one foot in front of the other, I know you can make it. :thumb:

Go to : http://www.tnsoccer.org/site3.aspx

Then to: Congrats to TSSA Girls Spring Division 1, 2, and 3 State Champions

You've made such good progress :lol: Now, just a little bit more to go, again from the TSSA website, this info will show a listing of some of the teams in each division from this past girls season. That will give you something else to ponder, but keep going, one foot in front of the other, I know you can make it. :lol:

Go to : http://www.tnsoccer.org/site3.aspx

Then to: Congrats to TSSA Girls Spring Division 1, 2, and 3 State Champions

Not so easy for a 4-legged water dog. But I like the idea of a pond...................er. :? OKKEEDOKEE!

Went there .... did it ..... and now I am "up to speed" 4-ft at a time. I am for soccer-girls that is- boys need to play something else- but we can barely get 11 girls on one team in Western Tennesssee before we change the name or try to merge into THE club, etc. BUT do we need DI, DII, DIII, D duh....I once had a BFF named Canesiswayoverthere who felt there should be 11 on the STATE TEAM and ONE Champion. I might have argued since there so many players and so many teams, but he a lost closer to right than having us break the age groups up so far everyone is a "runner-up" champion. Now I am proud for any team that gets to the top, but if you and I and Canes and DonC and a few other Dads could be D 48, do we really desire to be called "Champions". I grew up DI and that's all I know. My daughter is DII in college and they can kick many DI schools butt. Do I think DI is the top, absolutely, but they are Missouri. Notre Dame, NC, AL, TN, Tex A&M, etc. I 'll put LEE up against anyone below top 10 and I might win some DI's $$$. I must have needed a CT moment to vent. It been a while and it feels pretty good. Just having fun and the Margarita machine is empty. LOL :lol:

• 8 months later...
Certainly not ever wanting to diss a TN Team, but I can't see where they won "THE Nationals". The U16

results are from the Championship Heading on US Youth Soccer are...

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/ ... ry_id=4726

?

It does appear they won the Presidents Cup, but I don't know how that fits in. I would appreciate someone in the know explain it further.

Think of it in terms of NCAA college basketball...

The top-tier teams go to the USYSA Nationals (as you linked above) which would be the NCAA bracket of 64 teams.

The teams that don't make the NCAA top 64 bracket, do the NIT as a fall-back, or secondary post-season tournament. That's kinda the equivalent of the Presidents Cup or D2 'national' tournament.

It is 'national' in that it is a representation of teams from all over the country who did not win their D1 state and were not invited to attend the USYSA true 'National' Championship in Lancaster, MA....(or the NCAA 64 bracket).

Does that analogy clear it up?

BTW there is also D2 State Championships, which is kinda like the NIT vs NCAA post-season at the state level as well.