09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

Yeah, injuries really hurt, especially at a small school. CD always brings a good team and is coached well. Hampton did get the football players back but they are kind of rusty. Played Happy Valley tonight and won 33-21. You know, I'm sure, how H. Valley would rather just hold the ball than actually play basketball. It is really hard to play against them. Hampton is a Jr dominated team. They start 4 Jrs and sometimes 5. Their top 2 scorers are back from last year and actually almost all of their main contributers are back from last year. They won their district last year in the regular season and tournament. They were upset in the region. Should be a good game Wednesday.

don't talk about HV holding the ball thats all Hampton did every game last year...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creekerballer, child please! What games are you watching? Hampton played a 1-3-1 defense the whole year just to keep other teams from holding the ball. The only time they hold the ball is under 1 minute to go in a quarter or a half to get the last shot. If you think all hampton does is hold the ball, you either need to get off the drugs or have someone teach you how to sit and watch a basketball game. As for you Bulldog50, I do not bash the football coaches! I think they generally do a GREAT job. Hampton is lucky to have them. I just stated an opinion!

Hampton did play well against Chuckey Doak. Their defensive pressure looked tough and you could tell Chuckey Doak couldn't handle it very well. #5 is a very tough ball player. What grade is he in?

he's a junior....hampton started 4 juniors......hughes (5) is a good player....reading the paper, i see ward played well also....but i've played this game for decades and one thing is for sure, if the def pressure isnt broken and the ball taken care of by jones and rebounds arent controlled by hill and andrews, then ward and hughes wont see the ball to score 5 per game......these boys MUST play as a unit....if jones continues to control the floor and they keep their heads on straight, this will be one of the best teams to have ever come out of carter county......and ive seen alot of them....JMO

Hampton did play well against Chuckey Doak. Their defensive pressure looked tough and you could tell Chuckey Doak couldn't handle it very well. #5 is a very tough ball player. What grade is he in?

he's a junior....hampton started 4 juniors......hughes (5) is a good player....reading the paper, i see ward played well also....but i've played this game for decades and one thing is for sure, if the def pressure isnt broken and the ball taken care of by jones and rebounds arent controlled by hill and andrews, then ward and hughes wont see the ball to score 5 per game......these boys MUST play as a unit....if jones continues to control the floor and they keep their heads on straight, this will be one of the best teams to have ever come out of carter county......and ive seen alot of them....JMO

when does hampton play cloudland and unaka, better not look to far ahead of those games these 2 teams look good. they both played crockett good games!!!

when does hampton play cloudland and unaka, better not look to far ahead of those games these 2 teams look good. they both played crockett good games!!!

i agree, there arent many teams that can get away with looking over another team....but, if hampton PREPARES for each game like its the toughest game on their schedule, and they play for the team, they will be hard to beat...(not taking anything from anyother team in the area)

Who would Hampton overlook Unaka and Cloudland for? These are 2 of their biggest rivals, so I don't think they will overlook them. Those will be very tough games along with University High. Saw where UH only lost to Sullivan East by 7 points and missed like 11 or 12 free throws. East is a very good team. Big game with Pigeon Forge today!