09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

Whitenite I guess since "bulldawgfan" thinks since he is supports the Bulldogs financially that he has a say in what goes on, kind of like a stockholder, we seem to have alot of stockholders who think that they are John Wooden or the next coming of James Naismith. There are FIVE high schools in the county and surely those other coaches could use their help.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton seems to have some chemistry problems right now. They seem to be very out of sync on Offense especially. A lot of guys don't know when to shoot and when not to. NOBODY is helping to set up their teammate at all. I like several of the sets that Hampton runs but I would love to see what the could do in a motion offense with more screening. I guess Hampton has never run a motion offense? Sometimes things that worked good 30 years ago are not the best things to run now. Hampton has a hard time getting good shots! I think Hampton will be fine, they had great chemistry all summer and beat several teams that were much, much better than Elizabethton. No offense to the Clones, but they were! They just need to get it together and quick. Somebody needs to distribute the ball and be a point guard for Hampton to be really good. I don't know if they will ever get that or not?

#4 Jones is the point guard.....the papers, coaches and many on team said he had the best summer outing of them all. HE has the talent to break the press, find the open man, take the smart shot, and make the other team miserable on 'd'. Now with that said, he HAS NOT done those things at the start of the season.....but it is JUST the start of the season. When he is not leading, this team is just not the same team they were this summer. He must get with it, directing and leading by example. TJ Lyons busted his butt Tuesday night and i've not heard a thing about it ! As a matter fo fact, Mike Matheson showed more appreciation for his hustle than the team did. Yes, the fans need to show more respect, but these players MUST show respect for their teammates also and PLAY AS A UNIT.....Basketball is a war, made up of many predetermined moves and counting on all the team....and ALL the team must be ready to fight....not just score, but rebound, box out, hustle on 'd' and so on...Hey, "RAMBO" was not a real character, he was fiction. Mark this down, it takes a team to win a state title, never has one or two EVER done it before.....So Dogs, LETS GET WITH IT !!!!!!

uknoit2...talk about bashing! Leave the Jones kid alone!! He is a model young man and has a wonderful family too! You have NO business downing him...yeah he is another football player thats trying to convert to round ball. He is very competent of handling the point guard position and soon will. He isn't a selfish player either! Talk about fans in the stands...haha good one!!! :rolleyes:

Oh whitenite I'm glad all the fans aren't like you...we wouldn't have a sports program...by the way when was the last time you actually PAID to see the Dogs play???? You're a real supporter!! :thumb:

since you are the Bono of hampton athletics with all of your charity work. i'll tell you what, i'll pay, and you can find me at the game and i'll give you my ticket stub if that will make you feel any better.

uknoit2...talk about bashing! Leave the Jones kid alone!! He is a model young man and has a wonderful family too! You have NO business downing him...yeah he is another football player thats trying to convert to round ball. He is very competent of handling the point guard position and soon will. He isn't a selfish player either! Talk about fans in the stands...haha good one!!! :thumb:

Back up a lil....yes the Jones kid is a VERY good point guard, he isnt selfish and i WAS NOT downing him...he has been off and i said he needed to get in the groove.....i believe if some of the fans (NOT ALL OF THEM!) wuld not loudly blast this team, it might help them gel a lil faster....NOW FOR TONIGHT'S GAME.......#4 Jones played HIS game and all was going well....they seemed to play alot of man-on-man but went away from it to that 3-1-1 AND UNICOI WAS WAITING ON IT.....now Jones can hustle BUT JORDAN culdnt run that 'D' with good shooters in the corner....PERIOD !!!!! Jones 5'9-5'10 trying to run corner to corner to cover 6'3 and 6'5 shooters !!! COME ON ! and then they tried Hughes in the middle and guess what ???? HE DIDNT STOP IT EITHER ! THE 3-1-1- IS KILLING THIS TEAM JUST LIKE IT DID LAST YEAR

HEY COACH WHITE, i havent downed you in the stands, or on this forum....BUT the 3-1-1- 'D' must go and I saw you tell JONES, "YOU SUCK" after he lost the handle on the ball during a shot.......watched to see if you said such disrespectful things to ur other two shooters (after the worse shooting of the bunch) and of course U DID NOT......SHAME ON YOU !!!!!! WHAT KIND OF COACHING IS THAT ?!?!?!?!!?????? You need to stop acting like ur upset with some players then baby them in privacy while you TRY to humiliate others in front of everyone !!!!! COACH THIS TEAM, LET THEM RUN, LET THEM PLAY DEFENSE......OR YOU'RE GONNA DESTROY A GREAT BUNCH OF ATHLETES

By the way, Clouland coach NED SMITH said TONIGHT that he would play Hampton just like he has the past few years...."Wait on the 3-1-1" !!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE TALK TO WHITE.....LETS PLAY BALL !!! Please ! :thumb:

I don't really know what to say about this situation. It's sad to watch this team crumble like they are doing. Right now, this team is all hype...

On a few positive notes, Hill has came a long way since last year. He is a completely different player. I was really impressed with him and have been all year. Hornsby played very good. If they all played as hard as Lyons, I don't think they'd lose a game. And Ward is a player. One of the best I've ever seen around here. He carried them through this game as much as he could...

I don't really know what to say about this situation. It's sad to watch this team crumble like they are doing. Right now, this team is all hype...

On a few positive notes, Hill has came a long way since last year. He is a completely different player. I was really impressed with him and have been all year. Hornsby played very good. If they all played as hard as Lyons, I don't think they'd lose a game. And Ward is a player. One of the best I've ever seen around here. He carried them through this game as much as he could...

im sorry, but i dont understand anyones confusion about this teams problems.....THEY are not crumbling ! And YES, Lyons is a hustler and an example to the others.....A couple of other statements i must.... :thumb:

Out of respect for Coach White I will say that Hampton is a very good ball team with alot of talent. But you must believe not only in the coaching staff but in the kids as well. I am a true ranger fan at heart and believe you me even when we won the state championship we took our beatings early in the season.

lost to Science Hill by about 18 lost to a good pickett county team by about 35 but the community and coaches stuck with us through good and the ugly haha. But thats the best part about basketball is seeing how teams can deal with adversity when the going is rough. Even though we won we didnt really start playing our best basketball till the very end of the season and thats when your really tested in my opinion.

And its like we tell our kids in our middle school program we can draw up x's and o's offensively and defensively and scouting reports till the sun goes down but until they learn to play the right way and not their way and listen to mother and father and so on they will be just an average ball team

it doesnt matter if you have 5 studs who can put up 25 points a game if you dont believe in your coaches and dont have confidence to buy in to what they are trying to do with their program you are probably playing in the wrong place. The ones who want to buy into what coach white is trying to do with the program will be good players the ones who dont will stay at the same level they are performing at.

But give them time its very early and that whole staff is a good group of guys its very early so stay positive

coach rc

lost to Science Hill by about 18 lost to a good pickett county team by about 35 but the community and coaches stuck with us through good and the ugly haha. But thats the best part about basketball is seeing how teams can deal with adversity when the going is rough. Even though we won we didnt really start playing our best basketball till the very end of the season and thats when your really tested in my opinion.

Losing to '04 Pickett Co. and Science Hill is alot different than losing to '10 South Greene and Elizabethton. Somebody's gotta figure this thing out...