09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

Noit, I am on your side but by the look on Wards face sometimes does nothing but tell me he is upset with his role players that supposely make him look good. As for Cesar, I agree with you to a point that these kids need to come to grips with the fact that Ward is a player that can carry them through out a game for long stretchs at a time, but on the other hand us Hamptinans as you call us will pull together and hughes and all the others with the help of the old dawgs staff will wise up understand this and come to grip with this before it is to late

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I can fit under a rock, LMFAO. To say: I wish that player would pass a lil more is not bashing. Ask anyone, ANYONE who has been to a Hampton High School basketball game the past two years and they will tell you that the Bulldogs have a few ball hogs. Why do you get offended so easily? And if you knew who I was you would not be bashing me there "big boy". Who do you think you are? "you are a nobody". LoL, But hey we could do this all day, I'm waiting for your next FAT LIP comment back.....

I have been to a few Hampton games and have not heard 1 single person say there is a ballhog. If not for the player you are referring to, Hampton would be getting ran out of the gym. Whenever I hear people talk about him, they talk about him being one of the best they've seen in a long time. Ask THE KING. He came up to me in the tourney at Chuckey Doak last year and said those exact words...

And once again I agree, He is/"Could be" one of the best.

Are you so high and mighty that you threatin some one behind a user name you need to grow up alittle bit before you post again

Oh how we have ruffled feathers of fellow men, Dirty Hair. Let me say this, not only does players need to find a role but so do the so called Hamptinians as well. Some write one is the best, while some get angry over that statement and dispute it. I will say this, listen closely, Hair your statement are correct in essence, he is the "best player" on the 09-10 Bullhoge team. But for him to be the "best" he must realize this and so do about nine other young lads. Not only do they have to come to terms with this fact, so does the four Whippersnappers on the bench shouting profound orders. Now onto you Noit, NO the comment was not directed to you. It was directed to your fellow so called alliance groupies. Their antics and profound accusations have come to obviously disturb certain Hamptinians. In this case they do not know their roles, which I stated previously EVERYONE must know their roles. Hair you seem to understand the essence of playing a role, but do you understand what it means to be the so called "best". This division of lovers and haters seem to bring the question to mind, do you want a change? Do you want to change you young lads role and see if he can complete the task at hand? Maybe you want to change your role. Do you want to bring the nation down to better yourself at the cost of others? These are all question one must ask before he makes such profound statement as I have read recently. How did Troy fall? It was a dominant force to be recon with, but their over bearing ways and selfish attitude hindered them in their thinking. They thought they was the best, but was they really?

Julius Caesar

with all laid before us, we seem to agree mostly (tho i am not a groupie,nor are my feathers ruffled! Lol)....Yes, PEOPLE MUST KNOW THEIR ROLES (fans and players and coaches alike)....hey, this team, heck this country could learn alot from historical fall of others !!!! no matter how big and bad one might be, there is ALWAYS someone out there that can wear you out...thats life.....but you must strive to be the best and that takes hard work and, once again, a TEAM.....HAIR: i think WARD is a awesome, all-giving player, (known him since he was lil) he just cant do it himself and wont have to if the other very good players play their game.....(cause its takes others to break the press, pull defenders out, heck, inbound the ball!) and yes, HAMPTON will end up doing great this year

The REAL story on the Clarke kid....He really wanted to go to Hampton this year and had planned on it for a good while now. He had planned on moving to Hampton all along and thought he had a place to live there. The place he was moving to was supposed to be ready by June at the latest. In August the place became unavailable and the family could not find another place in Hampton to live. Another place was finally found but the family and coaches were afraid it would throw up red flags to the TSSAA and they would find him ineligible even thou everything would be totally legal. He is a great kid and all he wants to do is play ball and win some games(Avery won 3 last year). Everything would have probably worked out but because soooo many people in Roan Mt could not quit crying, bitchin and moanin, he was afraid of what the TSSAA would rule. If I lived in Roan Mtn, the LAST thing I would do is complain about somebody else using an illegal player! They probably hold the all time record for illegal players being used. I KNOW they hold the record for East TN. They couldn't fit all of their illegal players in the whole gym they have used over the years. It's just sad they couldn't leave the kid alone and let him play ball. The only person they are hurting is the kid. They need to grow up and realize that they would not have won half the games they have won in football over the years without all of their NC transfers. Not even half! Hampton is still gonna whip them this year, with or without Clarke, so they have not changed anything.

I know this is an old post, but I'm just now reading it and its pure ignorance. You can count on 2 hands the amount of transfers Cloudland has had from N.C. since 1990 and only 2 of them made any difference in the outcomes of Cloudland's games. This is from someone who has been around or involved in the Highlander football program from Lunsford's first day on the job. Sorry, I had to put my 2 cents on that post, brother. :popcorneater:

At least I can fit under a rock, LMFAO. To say: I wish that player would pass a lil more is not bashing. Ask anyone, ANYONE who has been to a Hampton High School basketball game the past two years and they will tell you that the Bulldogs have a few ball hogs. Why do you get offended so easily? And if you knew who I was you would not be bashing me there "big boy". Who do you think you are? "you are a nobody". LoL, But hey we could do this all day, I'm waiting for your next FAT LIP comment back.....

PLEASE SAY THIS TO MY FACE! Christmas may come early for me this year!

I see we have some new players joining the game. What a surprise the King has graced us with his presence. You can calm down Sir, Sparky is obviously new to this and full of piss and vinegar. Although he does have a valid point but lets leave that for another time and day. Onto the topic at hand, which I myself am beginning to wonder what it really is. I do know this my friends, the Hamptinians have some issues. Some say one thing while other dispute it, leading to an argument between bullhog supporters. It seems to me it is a chronic problem you have within your system. As I said before nations have fell due to this sort of thing. A prime example of this sort of bickering would be Dirty Hair. He says Mr. Ward should shoot or at least touch the ball every possession. On the other hand some say he should not he is a ball hog. This seems to me to be the main issue. It is very obvious after surveying a hand full of threads what the problem is and its very simple folks. Listen and while you listen ponder these thoughts. Why did Cain fight with his own brother Abel? Jealousy has hindered man throughout the beginning of time. It still is today and will continue throughout the end of time. Make note fellow readers jealousy has also been the cause of nations to fall. This has seemed to be the underlining problem with Hamptinians for years. Coaches jealous of other coaches in the program, players jealous of other players, and last but not least parents jealous of KIDS. This folk is the problem and will continue to be. Self destruction is inevitable, you have no control now. Noit you seem like a lad that has some so called since, I hate to see you go through something like this you have no control over. We all know once something is broke it will never be the same, it can be repaired yes, but it will never be 100 percent ever again. The fact of the matter is the Hamptinians have major internal problem, which obviously your whippersnappers can not fix nor can any of you yellow bellies. You can do one of two things Hamptinians, you can open your eyes and see Caesar is mindful of you program and your problems and may be correct in his writings or you can keep letting lads such as Lard Vader paint a beautiful picture for you and keep living in a fairy tale. Which ever decision you chose, chose it wisely my friends.

Julius Caesar

I see we have some new players joining the game. What a surprise the King has graced us with his presence. You can calm down Sir, Sparky is obviously new to this and full of piss and vinegar. Although he does have a valid point but lets leave that for another time and day. Onto the topic at hand, which I myself am beginning to wonder what it really is. I do know this my friends, the Hamptinians have some issues. Some say one thing while other dispute it, leading to an argument between bullhog supporters. It seems to me it is a chronic problem you have within your system. As I said before nations have fell due to this sort of thing. A prime example of this sort of bickering would be Dirty Hair. He says Mr. Ward should shoot or at least touch the ball every possession. On the other hand some say he should not he is a ball hog. This seems to me to be the main issue. It is very obvious after surveying a hand full of threads what the problem is and its very simple folks. Listen and while you listen ponder these thoughts. Why did Cain fight with his own brother Abel? Jealousy has hindered man throughout the beginning of time. It still is today and will continue throughout the end of time. Make note fellow readers jealousy has also been the cause of nations to fall. This has seemed to be the underlining problem with Hamptinians for years. Coaches jealous of other coaches in the program, players jealous of other players, and last but not least parents jealous of KIDS. This folk is the problem and will continue to be. Self destruction is inevitable, you have no control now. Noit you seem like a lad that has some so called since, I hate to see you go through something like this you have no control over. We all know once something is broke it will never be the same, it can be repaired yes, but it will never be 100 percent ever again. The fact of the matter is the Hamptinians have major internal problem, which obviously your whippersnappers can not fix nor can any of you yellow bellies. You can do one of two things Hamptinians, you can open your eyes and see Caesar is mindful of you program and your problems and may be correct in his writings or you can keep letting lads such as Lard Vader paint a beautiful picture for you and keep living in a fairy tale. Which ever decision you chose, chose it wisely my friends.

Julius Caesar

i dont believe jealousy to be a problem amongst the players at Hampton....ANY adult jealous of a kid should be ashamed !!!! Now on to the "Self destruction is inevitable" comment, other programs may HOPE that to be the case but not hardly ! These MEN are raised stronger than that ! The bashing of WARD and JONES was not done by WARD or JONES nor anyone on that team. I do believe that the HAMPTON NATION is coming together and all will be well

Noit open your eyes my friend, look at the antics and accusations transpiring right before your eyes. I myself can not make this type of bewildering up. One may say, but Caesar its seems you are hoping this upon the Hamptinians and by saying this you are making the accusation I myself am like every other yellow belly on this thread. Hear me now, I would never wish a negative thing on a young lad. I will however speak the truth, like it or not. Lets not forget Noit we are not talking about adult MEN, we are talking about young lads who are still influenced by adults (parents). My point is this Sir, these LADS hear everything that is said by parents, grandparents, fans, coaches, the media, and even what is said here on coachT. With that being said, these young lads are going to believe what they hear at home, in the stand, and in the media. If maw and paw assume little Johnny shoots to much they will tell little Tommy,"not to pass the ball", or even " shoot it more you know Johnny will". Correct me when I am wrong, but this will fuel jealousy and it is happening believe it or not folks. Hamptinians you have problems this is obvious whether you folks want to admit it or not, it is inevitable. But you do have hope when the nations economy is on the down ward spiral and the standards are not being met for the American people, what do they do? They ride it out until they have a chance to make a change. This is always an option.

Julius Caesar

Noit open your eyes my friend, look at the antics and accusations transpiring right before your eyes. I myself can not make this type of bewildering up. One may say, but Caesar its seems you are hoping this upon the Hamptinians and by saying this you are making the accusation I myself am like every other yellow belly on this thread. Hear me now, I would never wish a negative thing on a young lad. I will however speak the truth, like it or not. Lets not forget Noit we are not talking about adult MEN, we are talking about young lads who are still influenced by adults (parents). My point is this Sir, these LADS hear everything that is said by parents, grandparents, fans, coaches, the media, and even what is said here on coachT. With that being said, these young lads are going to believe what they hear at home, in the stand, and in the media. If maw and paw assume little Johnny shoots to much they will tell little Tommy,"not to pass the ball", or even " shoot it more you know Johnny will". Correct me when I am wrong, but this will fuel jealousy and it is happening believe it or not folks. Hamptinians you have problems this is obvious whether you folks want to admit it or not, it is inevitable. But you do have hope when the nations economy is on the down ward spiral and the standards are not being met for the American people, what do they do? They ride it out until they have a chance to make a change. This is always an option.

Julius Caesar

YES 'C', they are not adult men but they are young men and yes im sure they hear the bull going around....(this is a good life lesson for them cause life is pretty much this way from here on) THEY have to step up, forget the gossip they've heard and do their jobs to perfection (or as close as their abilities will allow them)... The accusation throwing by unsatisfied parents and fans IS NOT just a Hampton problem.....it goes on EVERYWHERE....If Johnny is shooting too much or not passing to lil Timmy when he is open, then that is an issue the COACHES MUST DEAL WITH. But i still insist that the coaches and players will step up, make the changes needed, respect one another and play TEAM ball just like they did this summer (and it wasnt ONE player that beat the high-caliber teams they beat this summer.....it was a TEAM) So, if these players are reading these posts let me say...."Young men, listen to me, you are playing a GAME so have fun! In whatever you do, give it your all and remember there will always be someone you must depend on so learn to depend on one another NOW. JONES, run that floor with confidence, find the open man with crisp passes and take the good shot when it presents itself and be relentless on 'D'......WARD and HUGHES, play your game, be relentless on 'D', but remember you have a supporting cast (as good as you two are, one nor two will ever beat five) if they believe you will pass the ball out, they will play you two looser, that will take alot of double teams off you both......HILL, post up strong and demand the ball, then go up and in STRONG!!!! your 6'6 young man, be a power house, move your feet and own the lane.....ANDREWS and LYONS, we want you to keep the hustle up, it is a great example to the others! SUBS, when your in, this is your chance to contribute as a team player its not a shoot around and dribbling contest, be confident , for you will be very much needed soon......COACHES, RESPECT YOUR PLAYERS...you'll want them to look back and respect you some day !!!!!!

YES 'C', they are not adult men but they are young men and yes im sure they hear the bull going around....(this is a good life lesson for them cause life is pretty much this way from here on) THEY have to step up, forget the gossip they've heard and do their jobs to perfection (or as close as their abilities will allow them)... The accusation throwing by unsatisfied parents and fans IS NOT just a Hampton problem.....it goes on EVERYWHERE....If Johnny is shooting too much or not passing to lil Timmy when he is open, then that is an issue the COACHES MUST DEAL WITH. But i still insist that the coaches and players will step up, make the changes needed, respect one another and play TEAM ball just like they did this summer (and it wasnt ONE player that beat the high-caliber teams they beat this summer.....it was a TEAM) So, if these players are reading these posts let me say...."Young men, listen to me, you are playing a GAME so have fun! In whatever you do, give it your all and remember there will always be someone you must depend on so learn to depend on one another NOW. JONES, run that floor with confidence, find the open man with crisp passes and take the good shot when it presents itself and be relentless on 'D'......WARD and HUGHES, play your game, be relentless on 'D', but remember you have a supporting cast (as good as you two are, one nor two will ever beat five) if they believe you will pass the ball out, they will play you two looser, that will take alot of double teams off you both......HILL, post up strong and demand the ball, then go up and in STRONG!!!! your 6'6 young man, be a power house, move your feet and own the lane.....ANDREWS and LYONS, we want you to keep the hustle up, it is a great example to the others! SUBS, when your in, this is your chance to contribute as a team player its not a shoot around and dribbling contest, be confident , for you will be very much needed soon......COACHES, RESPECT YOUR PLAYERS...you'll want them to look back and respect you some day !!!!!!

Good post! I really believe some people are freaking out for no reason. They have not played their best ball and really have not played as good as they did this summer. I think they will get there and there have been flashes of it already. They just have not done it for the whole game. As far as the jealously thing goes, I don't think there is very much going on between the players. Maybe a little bit but most of that is coming from parents and families. I think some of you guys just need to be careful what you say on this board because I know for a fact the players do read this board at times. I think Hampton turns it around in a big way next game and all of this will be forgotten....except for the part where Username got personal :evil:

Good post! I really believe some people are freaking out for no reason. They have not played their best ball and really have not played as good as they did this summer. I think they will get there and there have been flashes of it already. They just have not done it for the whole game. As far as the jealously thing goes, I don't think there is very much going on between the players. Maybe a little bit but most of that is coming from parents and families. I think some of you guys just need to be careful what you say on this board because I know for a fact the players do read this board at times. I think Hampton turns it around in a big way next game and all of this will be forgotten....except for the part where Username got personal :evil:

Thank You....for the most part these have been good posts.....and from what i understand, the DOGS have got themselves back on track (we'll find out soon i guess)....AHHH USERNAME is just tryn to ruffle feathers, he's probably a pretty good ole boy ! PEACE !!!!