09-10 Hampton Bulldogs Basketball: Updates

In the championship, the Dogs did not play well. 2 technicals were called on Hampton along with an intentional foul, and Ward and Hughes both fouled out. That kind of night. On defense, Hampton seemed so pre-occupied with Crockett's 7 footer not beating them, they totally ignored the perimeter, which has been Hampton's weakness on defense all season anyway. Hopefully this was just one of those games, and they'll bounce back.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The game was played AT Hampton with the Bulldogs winning 67-43...was close early on with the score being tied at 19-19...Hampton then went on an 18-1 run to go into halftime up 37-20...the Dogs then scored the first 12 points of the 4th quarter and the rout was on...for a couple of stretches the Dogs played really well...as good as I have seen a Hampton team play in many years...congratulations Dogs & Staff...

The game was played AT Hampton with the Bulldogs winning 67-43...was close early on with the score being tied at 19-19...Hampton then went on an 18-1 run to go into halftime up 37-20...the Dogs then scored the first 12 points of the 4th quarter and the rout was on...for a couple of stretches the Dogs played really well...as good as I have seen a Hampton team play in many years...congratulations Dogs & Staff...

Thanks...good luck this week against the Cyclones and Cloudland.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hampton fan shows true colors last night when an idiot adult fan hit a student from jc and just about started a bleacher clearing brawl. WHEN YOU GO TO A HIGHSCHOOL BASKETBALL GAME AND CHOOSE TO SIT NEXT TO THE STUDENT SECTION YOU ARE GOING TO HEAR SOME THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT APPROVE OF, BUT TO PHYSICALLY ASSAULT A STUDENT IS RIDICULOUS. AND THEN SOME OLDER MAN DECIDED HE NEEDED TO HIT THE STUDENT AS WELL, THIS COULD HAVE GOTTEN REALLY UGLY. ADULTS SHOULD GO TO GAMES AND ACT LIKE IT.

HAMPTON HAS A REALLY NICE BALL CLUB AND TO HAVE FANS THAT CANT CONTROL THEMSELVES IS REALLY AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE COMMUNITY.

[/u

I agree with part of your post but dont be laying the blame on the Hampton people...The instigators (JC students)were doing this the whole game and the authorities were told that something needed to be done...and nothing was...unfortunate but could have been avoided...maybe if they had been yelling insults at your players...both boys and girls...you might be singing a different tune...]

I agree that students should not yell insults at the opposing team, but that is what happens at almost every basketball game highschool or college. But as an adult in this situation they should know that this is very common, but I usually don't witness grown men running to the rescue just because someone yelled at junior. Student sections try to get in the head of opposing players, but this time they got into the head of some adult who was having flashbacks of 20 years ago. I am sure tape will be reviewed to see exactly what happened.