Advertising Camps and Clinics

CoachT

Events over the years have led to this policy which has worked pretty well for the last year or so.

If you are advertising a team camp or clinic in which the proceeds go directly to a high school or AAU program then please, feel free to advertise it.

If you are advertising a camp where individuals are charged a fee to attend, and the proceeds do not go to a high school or AAU program, then you need to pay an advertising fee equal to what you charge one player. If you charge $50, the fee is $50. If your event is free then the advertising is free.

The idea that a clinic charging $150 a player for the first 150 players ($22,500 total) to attend a one-day clinic should not have to pay a fee to advertise is ridiculous. This has happened and they felt the $150 advertising fee was too high.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
Events over the years have led to this policy which has worked pretty well for the last year or so.

If you are advertising a team camp or clinic in which the proceeds go directly to a high school or AAU program then please, feel free to advertise it.

If you are advertising a camp where individuals are charged a fee to attend, and the proceeds do not go to a high school or AAU program, then you need to pay an advertising fee equal to what you charge one player. If you charge $50, the fee is $50. If your event is free then the advertising is free.

The idea that a clinic charging $150 a player for the first 150 players ($22,500 total) to attend a one-day clinic should not have to pay a fee to advertise is ridiculous. This has happened and they felt the $150 advertising fee was too high.

Because of recent events, what about playdays or team camps which proceeds are not fully given to the sponsering school and also Tournaments during a school year that is not given to the same. Also the past couple of years, businesses have started sponsering Tournaments duing the school year along with AAU Tournaments during off season. This would include shoe tournaments and even a hospitality company in off season. Some of these events have booths set up by commercial companies selling jewelry and shoes or other items at the business. Should all proceeds of money making events go to the sponsering school under this advertising policy? This seems to be picking a little bit and overlapping with TSSAA and NCAA might be involved but at this point the door is wide open. Likley there is no problem. Tournaments, Playdays, Team Camps etc have changed the landscape. Exceptions are given to TSSAA sponsered events as Track events, football events and basketball, soccer and Volleyball events. Of course, I know you understand a lot of expenses go to referees who are IC and referee the games and maybe even a paid director. So noe of this should effect the policy. Of course, its assumed schools are in direct control of school events.

Because of recent events, what about playdays or team camps which proceeds are not fully given to the sponsering school and also Tournaments during a school year that is not given to the same. Also the past couple of years, businesses have started sponsering Tournaments duing the school year along with AAU Tournaments during off season. This would include shoe tournaments and even a hospitality company in off season. Some of these events have booths set up by commercial companies selling jewelry and shoes or other items at the business. Should all proceeds of money making events go to the sponsering school under this advertising policy? This seems to be picking a little bit and overlapping with TSSAA and NCAA might be involved but at this point the door is wide open. Likley there is no problem. Tournaments, Playdays, Team Camps etc have changed the landscape. Exceptions are given to TSSAA sponsered events as Track events, football events and basketball, soccer and Volleyball events. Of course, I know you understand a lot of expenses go to referees who are IC and referee the games and maybe even a paid director. So noe of this should effect the policy. Of course, its assumed schools are in direct control of school events.

I think what I wrote is pretty clear. If we can help bring them attendees then the advertising fee is well worth it.

• 5 years later...

Ravenwood Girls Basketball HS Team Camp

June 8th-10th

$300 for V only teams; $450 if you bring V & JV team ($100 deposit to secure spot in camp)

It’s time to start thinking about Summer Camps for 2015!!  I would like to invite you to the 1st annual TEAM CAMP at RAVENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL in Brentwood, TN. Our school is located less than 5 minutes from Cool Springs Mall, a movie theatre, several restaurants, and several hotels.  

Our Team Camp will be a 3 day team camp at VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES for both your Varsity and/or JV teams. Our Team Camp will be TOURNAMENT STYLE  with two different tournament brackets (low/med level competition level and med/high competition level). Offering a TOURNAMENT STYLE team camp will provide a unique environment for building team comradery & gives your team the opportunity in the summer to prepare for tournament-style play. The first two days will consist of pool play & the last day will be a single elimination tournament based on seeding from pool play.  Your team is GUARANTEED a minimum of 5 games.

My promise is that our team camp will be first class and one of the top HS team camps in Tennessee. Please respond as soon as possible to secure your team’s spot for camp!

For more information and Camp Flyer, please email Coach Mariska Harris at [email protected].

Thanks,

Mariska Harris

• 1 month later...

The Maryville High School Lady Rebels will be hosting a Holiday Tournament December 28-30, 2015.  This is an eight team tournament and each team gets three games.  This will be a tournament format and we have openings for two girls teams.

There is NO FEE  to enter and each team receives player gift packs and coaches receive apparel.  Video service, laundry service (if needed), and coaches hospitality room are provided.  This is an eight boys and eight girls teams tournament.  The boys field is currently full.

Contact [email protected] for further information.

• 2 years later...

Commando

Wrestling Club

June 5-7

HHS wrestling technique Camp

All grades and ability levels welcome
A three-day technique camp for the beginner to the advanced wrestler.  The HHS camp will provide 5 hours per day solid wrestling technique.  All phases of wrestling will be covered.  Emphasis to be placed on moves that work on all levels and on learning drills that will improve your wrestling.  Top coaches and clinicians from Middle TN will share their technique with you and give valuable tips to take you to the next level. $30.00 dollars per camper.  Father’s encouraged to attend with their children.  Campers should provide their own lunch.  Any questions call Coach Gabriel at 615 509-5691 or Coach Gilelmi at 630 310 7046

Schedule

11-11:30 Registration                           2:00 – 3:30 Session 2
11:30 – 11:45 Warm-ups                     2:30 – 2:45 Motivational
11:45 – 1:15 Session 1                          2:45 – 4:15 Live Wrestling and
1:15 – 2:00 Lunch                                                     Individual work
                                  4:15 – 4:30 warm down

HENDERSONVILLE HIGH SCHOOL FIELD HOUSE

Ralph Gabriel - National Wrestling Hall of Fame * Finalist National Coach of the Year * 3 TN State Titles 

Charles McTorry - Univ of Nebraska * HS National Champion * 2X TN State Champ and MOW

Leo Hardy - Lindsey Wilson College * TN State Place winner

Adam Glielmi - Cumberland University * TN State Place winner

Antwon Bailey - DePaul University * TN State Place winner

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone,

Below you will find the link for the Gene Mills Wrestling Clinic which is sponsored by the Commando Takedown Booster Club. We will host the camp on June 17, 2023 from 9:00 am.-1:30 p.m.  Lunch and a t-shirt will be provided. 

You may register at this link:

Coach would like to see all the wrestlers participate if available.  Please be sure to register by May 15 so your wrestler is guaranteed a T-shirt.  

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Coach Gabriel
Hendersonville HS

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone,

Minion Training Center is  adding a 2 day a week option to our registration on wrestling IQ. This is a LIMITED TIME OFFER. And we will close this opportunity in 2 weeks . This is for kids who train at different clubs/live far away who still want to be able to get into MTC’s room at a good rate twice a week. 

Please reach out if you need further information ! There is no excuse , get signed up !

https://www.wrestlingiq.com/miniontrainingcenter/register

Sean Russell- 678 602 2687

email: [email protected] 

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone we have a FREE beginners program running from 11/2-12/28. This program is to get kids interested in wrestling while helping give them a great base of skills as a young athlete for any sport . Here is the link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18IRANFTRwLdnNc72cU2hA7goOTu1EtIQ5aTfZIdVMCE/prefill

we are also offering our full seasonal package from 11/2-3/1 (state) for 600$ for the entire season. We also offer monthly options as well on https://www.wrestlingiq.com/miniontrainingcenter/register

We also have our Highschool seasonal pass that allows access to 3 of 4 practices a week of your choice. during the week the practice will be from 7-8 in a small group setting focusing on specific areas of need for those who select this course. this class is a monthly fee of 125 $. https://www.wrestlingiq.com/miniontrainingcenter/register

For those who train at multiple clubs we have a 2 day a week pass for you guys as well !https://www.wrestlingiq.com/miniontrainingcenter/register

Let me know if anyone has any questions !

678-602-2687

[email protected]

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone just getting the word about my clubs upcoming Freestyle/ Greco season. Proceeds will go directly to our AAU and highschool prorgams. 

Storm Chasers Wrestling Club
Who?
Open to all wrestlers 7th grade and up with prior wrestling experience.
Advanced younger wrestlers are welcome with coaches approval and an appropriate practice partner.
When?
Practice will start on March 19th, and conclude on June 18th. We will practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6.
Where?
Alcoa High School Wrestling Facility. 532 Faraday Street Alcoa, Tn 37701
Cost?
$120 for the season/ $60 for monthly/ $10 single practice drop in.
All wrestlers must have a USA card($45) before they can compete, if they just want to practice they can purchase an AAU card for ($20.)
We will have an optional gear order the first week of practice.
Coaching?
Storm Chasers will be coached by former 4x Tn State champ, and multiple time All American, top 10 nationally ranked Alcoa alumni Sammy Evans.
Why?
The “off-season” is the time to really improve your wrestling skills, and off-season wrestlers turn into winter champions. The biggest improvements I made in wrestling are when I started wrestling during the “off-season.”
Competition?We will have the option to compete in the Tn Ironman, Freestyle/Greco State, and maybe 1-2 more tournaments.
Reach out to Coach Evans with any questions at (865)839-6411
May be a graphic of text that says 'STORM WRESTLING CHASERS CLUB'