Best 2010 Grads

The Zone

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Farragut University

How is Coach Buckner working out? Yall been working hard?

I wouldn't know personally, but from a couple of parents/players i've talked to they said it hasn't been as tough as previous years under Coach Pharr. But i guarantee their definition of "hard" and everyone else's is different.

ah yeah, im sure yall are the only ones in the state that work hard...

• 3 weeks later...
Logan Rice has actually become a pretty good friend of mine lately. I've played against him a few times and talked to him various places, but yes i definitely agree this kid is a player. Unicoi's pitcher of the year i believe? I dont know much about the others from unicoi.

And yes! how could i forget Gibbs? Gibbs has a huge returning group. The ever-versatile Cody Armstrong and the star pitcher from last year in Willis are back. A lot of talent returning in that group as a whole.

And also forgot Austin Below from Powell. How could I forget him? Hits the ball hard and one heck of a catcher as well. He's made huge strides from when I played with him his sophomore year.

More will come.

Hey Irish423, just wanted to add another one from Powell to the list: Colin Rhyne. He's their center fielder this year. Colin Rhyne was the key spark for winning the District games last year. I look for him to be Powell's powerhouse this season. Keep your eyes open for this kid!

• 3 weeks later...
Travis Scates being mentioned demotes any credibility from Irish423 that was the biggest joke of a post ever! :thumb::oops::thumb:

oldschool, I doubt you've played a inning of baseball in your life, so you probably have no place to talk about people being bad or not. First off, Travis Scates can drop bombs. He's a heck of a hitter, he's already signed to Maryville College. Second, he has a cannon and a quick pop time behind the dish. If you think about running on this guy, you better think twice. He also plays third and could be in the lineup for Bearden there this year. He's an all around good player and this just shows how underestimated he is. I've watched him play for a long while and he definitely has the talent to be a standout player this year in the 4-AAA district.

Travis Scates being mentioned demotes any credibility from Irish423 that was the biggest joke of a post ever! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

oldschool, I doubt you've played a inning of baseball in your life, so you probably have no place to talk about people being bad or not. First off, Travis Scates can drop bombs. He's a heck of a hitter, he's already signed to Maryville College. Second, he has a cannon and a quick pop time behind the dish. If you think about running on this guy, you better think twice. He also plays third and could be in the lineup for Bearden there this year. He's an all around good player and this just shows how underestimated he is. I've watched him play for a long while and he definitely has the talent to be a standout player this year in the 4-AAA district.

Is Scates hurt? I didnt see him in the lineup against Webb. Did he play against Catholic?

In fact, I didnt see any seniors in Bearden's lineup in the Webb game.

• 3 weeks later...