Dobyns Bennett 2009

IndianNation

I've always said there's lots of people there but they are quiet. Everyone shot my opinion down saying it was the best atmosphere in high school sports, yada yada yada. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the crowd at D-B isn't the only thing there that's overrated! B)

Don't make my post out to something it's not! Yes D-B's crowd is way to Quiet Yet, D-B still has one of the best atmoshere in high school sports. I don't feel the program is no were near over rated as a matter of fact I would not want him no were else!!!!! My post was directed to the D-B fans only, not the program. The fans just need to get up off of their behinds and give a little back to the Football players, Band Members and Coaches!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is CoachT and the die hard local fans. I heard of all the comments, good ones and mostly bad ones so I decided to check it out because there is something I would like to say as well. My son plays on the Offensive line at right tackle, his name is Corey Hall. All your comments are ok to me good or bad because I teach my children not to take negative comments to heart just listen and turn it into something constructive. Now, with that said, if you approach my child with an attack thats a whole different story.

My post is for the D-B fan base.

Our program is one of the top in the state except one thing, our fans! I just don't understand. I look around in the stadium and it's packed, NO were to sit and all I see is 1000 + fans looking like Phillip Former clapping their hands and chewing gum. We have one of the top Band and football program in the state and the enviroment is spectacular, except fan enthusiasm.

What's the problem? To much Money in your back pockets, weighing you down? Then leave some home so you can get up off your #### (sorry) and cheer and chant for these boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's just that your a person of status and you feel that your presence is good enough. Well get over yourself because at the football game nobody care who you are or how much money you may have. We are there to support our Kids, Nephews, Neices, Grandchildren ect. So get up and do that!!!!!

At D-B right now, if you have a boy playing football in the classes Sophomore threw Senior that went to Sevier Middle, then you know what kind of spirit I'm talking about. Folks this will make your players stand on their heads and dig, dig, dig. It will hype them up and they will perform better, without a doubt.

It's time for the D-B fans to give back to the program just as much as these boys, girls and coaches have given to us. Fan support (not talking about money) is a vital part of the heart of the program.

LET'S GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Hall you are dead on with this post. I have posted several times about the dead zone in the home crowd over the past several years. I know spear24 has posted it as well as others. Its mostly people that show up just to be seen and talk about the last Board meeting. You don't see this when DB travels to away games. This group won't travel because they know nobody knows them. I suggest the student section be moved to the front of the press box and the blue hairs moved to where the student section is now. Its not uncommon to see DB players turn to the crowd to try and fire them up. Good grief, its supposed to be the other way around.

As for as the comments I've made about the offensive line I hope you understand there is a method to my madness. I can't speak for the others on here but all I want to see is improvement in the line play because I understand that is where the game is won or lost. It's not the Quarterback or the Runningback. A good offensive line will make a desent back look great. A good offensive line will make Chris Sensabaugh look like a superstar. He is a great back but he is nothing without that offensive line playing well. If they can open holes against the Maryville defense then they should be able to do it against anybody. I won't single out Cory or anybody else on the line because they are a group and they have to do it together. Besides, I know anything I say on here is pale in comparison to what they here on the practice field from the coaches. When ever they play good I'll be on here givong them their props. I always have and I've always did the same with the coaches. The offensive line is my thing and I watch them on every play. I'll be there every Friday night yelling and ----ing off the Blue Hairs.

So this is CoachT and the die hard local fans. I heard of all the comments, good ones and mostly bad ones so I decided to check it out because there is something I would like to say as well. My son plays on the Offensive line at right tackle, his name is Corey Hall. All your comments are ok to me good or bad because I teach my children not to take negative comments to heart just listen and turn it into something constructive. Now, with that said, if you approach my child with an attack thats a whole different story.

My post is for the D-B fan base.

Our program is one of the top in the state except one thing, our fans! I just don't understand. I look around in the stadium and it's packed, NO were to sit and all I see is 1000 + fans looking like Phillip Former clapping their hands and chewing gum. We have one of the top Band and football program in the state and the enviroment is spectacular, except fan enthusiasm.

What's the problem? To much Money in your back pockets, weighing you down? Then leave some home so you can get up off your #### (sorry) and cheer and chant for these boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's just that your a person of status and you feel that your presence is good enough. Well get over yourself because at the football game nobody care who you are or how much money you may have. We are there to support our Kids, Nephews, Neices, Grandchildren ect. So get up and do that!!!!!

At D-B right now, if you have a boy playing football in the classes Sophomore threw Senior that went to Sevier Middle, then you know what kind of spirit I'm talking about. Folks this will make your players stand on their heads and dig, dig, dig. It will hype them up and they will perform better, without a doubt.

It's time for the D-B fans to give back to the program just as much as these boys, girls and coaches have given to us. Fan support (not talking about money) is a vital part of the heart of the program.

LET'S GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Hall you are dead on with this post. I have posted several times about the dead zone in the home crowd over the past several years. I know spear24 has posted it as well as others. Its mostly people that show up just to be seen and talk about the last Board meeting. You don't see this when DB travels to away games. This group won't travel because they know nobody knows them. I suggest the student section be moved to the front of the press box and the blue hairs moved to where the student section is now. Its not uncommon to see DB players turn to the crowd to try and fire them up. Good grief, its supposed to be the other way around.

As for as the comments I've made about the offensive line I hope you understand there is a method to my madness. I can't speak for the others on here but all I want to see is improvement in the line play because I understand that is where the game is won or lost. It's not the Quarterback or the Runningback. A good offensive line will make a desent back look great. A good offensive line will make Chris Sensabaugh look like a superstar. He is a great back but he is nothing without that offensive line playing well. If they can open holes against the Maryville defense then they should be able to do it against anybody. I won't single out Cory or anybody else on the line because they are a group and they have to do it together. Besides, I know anything I say on here is pale in comparison to what they here on the practice field from the coaches. When ever they play good I'll be on here givong them their props. I always have and I've always did the same with the coaches. The offensive line is my thing and I watch them on every play. I'll be there every Friday night yelling and ----ing off the Blue Hairs.

I don't take your comments personal. I'm a Mom first but, I also played sports and I know how it is. Thats why I have taught my children not to take critical stuff to heart BUT, to listen and make something constructive out of it because, normally their is some truth there. I will have to say they did do good at Maryville and I hope we just don't play according to our competition because that is dangerous. I did not get on here to really say anything except that we are lucky to have such a great program and all of it is great except our fan base. A circus Animal get's more out of a crowd than our own Kids. If we fans put as much into it as the boys on the field and the Band, could you Imagine?

I also have seen several boy's turn to the crowd and jester for the crowd to get up and Cody does it all the time.

In short when Corey's 8th grade team (Sevier) was playing for the regional championship, I don't know if the outcome would have been the same if the parents had just sit there. They were very exhausted but we keep chanting and cheering them on and they dug with all their might and pulled it out.

When the light's come on Friday night's, we need to be there cheering and chanting because we just might be that difference!!! Your good with me Waco. We are on the same page. What ever it takes to get it done.

Ok, Glad were on the same page. Don't want you to be mad at me. And sorry for calling you Mr. Hall, Mrs. Hall. :thumb:

That ok, no harm done at all. I did not mean to throw a monkey wrench in the thread so, get back to the usual. Since I made a personal public statement, I'll fighting those million dollar evil eyes at the ball-game (they don't scare me) LOL. So you keep them ramped up on here and maybe we will be able to light a couple of fires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always said there's lots of people there but they are quiet. Everyone shot my opinion down saying it was the best atmosphere in high school sports, yada yada yada. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the crowd at D-B isn't the only thing there that's overrated! :thumb:

LIKE YOU HAVE A LOT TO BE PROUD OF WITH THAT "BIG HOLE IN THE GROUND".

I've always said there's lots of people there but they are quiet. Everyone shot my opinion down saying it was the best atmosphere in high school sports, yada yada yada. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the crowd at D-B isn't the only thing there that's overrated! :lol:

Volman's got a "BIG HOLE IN HIS HEAD" also. Having said that, let this be the last big hole joke. :thumb:

I've always said there's lots of people there but they are quiet. Everyone shot my opinion down saying it was the best atmosphere in high school sports, yada yada yada. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the crowd at D-B isn't the only thing there that's overrated! :lol:

Volman's got a "BIG HOLE IN HIS HEAD" also. Having said that, let this be the last big hole joke. :thumb:

Waco, I actually don't know any more "big hole jokes".

im not convinced yet, ive seen 2 of 3 scrimmages and the jamboree, and im not convinced on how good they will be.

ive also seen practices where they are very lethargic, with no energy, that needs to change in a game time situation. we'll see what happens friday in knox. look for Farrugut to do the same thing they did in the playoffs 2 years ago in the freezing cold. Load the box, and when you pass be there to pick it off. DB most likely comes home 0-1 going into week 1

I don't think anybody will even have to load the box to stop DB's running game this year. The offensive line is so small and weak you could shut them down with a three man front. Its a shame to have a great back like Sensabaugh with nobody that can open up a hole to run through. I'll wait and see what happens at Farragut but it don't look pretty right now. By the way what happened to that state of art weight room that we all paid for. Did somebody lock the door one day and lose the key. These boys don't look to me like they've ever seen a weight room.

jaco, you gave me a good laugh with the weight room comment :roflol: being an alumni player i know that more and more the focus has been shifted from power to speed..hint the fact i rode the pine most the time, i may have not been the fastest or best, but i made holes haha