Oneida Indians/GP Highlanders 8 days left

harley04

All Oneida Fans. I have posted a preview of the matchup between DeKalb/Oneida over on the DeKalb thread (3A & 4A). Interested in hearing your thoughts on the upcoming matchup. I dont believe these two teams have ever played each other and dont really know alot about each other. But feel free to drop us a line over on the DeKalb thread this week. Good Luck to the Indians.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whooooooooooooo!!!! just want to let all the indian faithful know that the ol' nature boy climbed in the ring with mark packer over the friday night badcast. I actually got a reply & he has fired his production crew he said he knew his broadcast was toast when he had nada on the indians. he's replacing the crew and apologized for the changes coming after the oneida game. whooooooooooo it may be too little too late but at least it's something. whoooooooooo

Slick Ric......did you really jump Packer's Bones!?!?! What are you doing.....trying to win another belt! :wub: I'm not sure how hot a belt with WVLT on it is going to be?

Kazzy

:geek: whoooooooooo kazzy you know it brother,you don't diss the tribe when we're stylin & profilin. whoooooooo and if anybody can make a belt with WVLT on it look good............ well what can i say except WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :?:

I did'nt see the game on TV, was in the stands and the numbers were hard too make out, if they had a dark outline around them it would have been alot easier to see.It sounds like they had little information about Oneida, no doubt you will be on tv again in the near future.They were at the stadium for about 6 or 7 hrs setting up and getting as much info as they could,home team definately has a advantage there.But if someone from the visiting team would come early and give the starting lineup and as much information about the player's as they could I'm sure they would use it.You would think they would do there homework,by calling the head coach ahead of time or something but it looks like we will have to give it to them.I'm not defending just thinking about next time.

There isn't much excuse for an announcer to not get the team captains numbers correct. There should be several people in the press box with binocs. Even later in the game with the wet field, mud, etc., anyone spotting with binocs would have no trouble telling the numbers.

i agree, fans watching with no binocs might have a hard time on some plays, but no excuse for the announcer and those covering the game.

whooooooooooooo!!!! just want to let all the indian faithful know that the ol' nature boy climbed in the ring with mark packer over the friday night badcast. I actually got a reply & he has fired his production crew he said he knew his broadcast was toast when he had nada on the indians. he's replacing the crew and apologized for the changes coming after the oneida game. whooooooooooo it may be too little too late but at least it's something. whoooooooooo

Hey, thats a heck of a lot more than I would have thought! That's what happens when you get the Nature Boy on the job! Look, WBIR should have several unpaid interns from UT falling all over themselves to drive up to Oneida and get some prep work done for production credits on a sports show. Come on..this is not Scott Co Live...It's flipp'n channel 8. Oh well, At least Packer admitted it.

Lets hope our Oline does their homework this week! I think were gonna need more than 6 points.

Hey, thats a heck of a lot more than I would have thought! That's what happens when you get the Nature Boy on the job! Look, WBIR should have several unpaid interns from UT falling all over themselves to drive up to Oneida and get some prep work done for production credits on a sports show. Come on..this is not Scott Co Live...It's flipp'n channel 8. Oh well, At least Packer admitted it.

Lets hope our Oline does their homework this week! I think were gonna need more than 6 points.

Absolutely no disrespect for the Oneida Defense. But Oneida will need at least, at least 21 to pull out a win Friday night. Probably more, and I know Oneida has a good defense. But when you put the ball in our offenses hands that many times through 4 quarters, 21 to 28 points has proven to be the smallest of points scored. I believe you will enjoy watching last years Mr. 3A Football Finalist at work, how much success we have is yet to be determined. Good luck to Oneida, I believe it will be an outstanding football game, decided in the 4th qtr..

Nature Boy! Well of course ol' Packer realized who he was messin' with! Hey, remember you had to straighten out both WCW AND WWE BACK IN THE DAY! Hey, Wartburg will be headin' north in a few weeks to take on those indians-boy I hope the dogs will be ready! BTW, We'll have to get together before the game for a glass of some of your vintage 85 and look at pictures of your new yacht!

The Chef wishes Oneida was still in 1A...Them and Sp would no doubt meet up all the time since the competition is so watered down now...Seriously though lets all be honest The Chef thinks that region as been pretty weak for a loooong time...Taking nothing away from them..You have to play your region games and no team gets to pick what region they are in...Im pretty sure nobody in that region has made it to the big game excluding Cloudland when they beat a 6-4 regular season SP in 01...Which had no business making it that far anyways...As far as that big game....Well we all remember what happened to Cloudland and there silver ball after getting 60 hung on them in the Champ. game...The Chef wishes Whitwell could be in that region maybe we would have a little more luck...

Chef, are you calling the old Reg. 3 a powerhouse? I would stick pounding your chest about the Pirate's Dommination...you will get zero arguments there. Just because there are no state champions (in the last several years) from Reg 4 doesn't mean the teams are weak. (actually Oneida and Greenback have won state championships.)

Consistantly, In the top 20 polls last year, 4 of those teams came from the old Reg 4. At one point in week 9 there were 3 teams from Reg 4 in the top ten. There are some very good teams up here on the hill....unfortunately, none of those teams, including some really good Hampton teams from the old Reg 1 have been better than the Pirates or Trousdale or one of the private schools.

The region thing can be a bumer sometimes. Like you said, you dont get to pick your region opponents. I hope in the future Oneida will play South Pittsburgh. As a football player, you have to want to play the very best in the world. It would deffinately be a great opportunity for the Indians to get better and I am positive the Pirates would get a good ball game.

The Chef said nothing about the old region....The Chef just simply states the facts...In the past those Pirates from SP have played in a weak region as well...However they have played Boyd Buchanon and they have been better then the whole region combined up there on some years... SP has had to play alot of teams out of TC region every year 1st,2nd, and 3rd just to get to the 4th round....The CHef isnt hating cause Im sure SP would take a automatic 4th round showings each year too....As of now it looks so weak in the east side of 1-A that SP and your region should without a doubt meet every year in the 4th so we shall see...

Speaking about Greenback and Oneida winning it all...Correct The Chef if he is wrong....Greenback late 80's and Oneida maybe 91 or 92?

The Chef wishes Oneida was still in 1A...Them and Sp would no doubt meet up all the time since the competition is so watered down now...Seriously though lets all be honest The Chef thinks that region as been pretty weak for a loooong time...Taking nothing away from them..You have to play your region games and no team gets to pick what region they are in...Im pretty sure nobody in that region has made it to the big game excluding Cloudland when they beat a 6-4 regular season SP in 01...Which had no business making it that far anyways...As far as that big game....Well we all remember what happened to Cloudland and there silver ball after getting 60 hung on them in the Champ. game...The Chef wishes Whitwell could be in that region maybe we would have a little more luck...

Chef, are you calling the old Reg. 3 a powerhouse? I would stick pounding your chest about the Pirate's Dommination...you will get zero arguments there. Just because there are no state champions (in the last several years) from Reg 4 doesn't mean the teams are weak. (actually Oneida and Greenback have won state championships.)

Consistantly, In the top 20 polls last year, 4 of those teams came from the old Reg 4. At one point in week 9 there were 3 teams from Reg 4 in the top ten. There are some very good teams up here on the hill....unfortunately, none of those teams, including some really good Hampton teams from the old Reg 1 have been better than the Pirates or Trousdale or one of the private schools.

The region thing can be a bumer sometimes. Like you said, you dont get to pick your region opponents. I hope in the future Oneida will play South Pittsburgh. As a football player, you have to want to play the very best in the world. It would deffinately be a great opportunity for the Indians to get better and I am positive the Pirates would get a good ball game.

The Chef said nothing about the old region....The Chef just simply states the facts...In the past those Pirates from SP have played in a weak region as well...However they have played Boyd Buchanon and they have been better then the whole region combined up there on some years... SP has had to play alot of teams out of TC region every year 1st,2nd, and 3rd just to get to the 4th round....The CHef isnt hating cause Im sure SP would take a automatic 4th round showings each year too....As of now it looks so weak in the east side of 1-A that SP and your region should without a doubt meet every year in the 4th so we shall see...

Speaking about Greenback and Oneida winning it all...Correct The Chef if he is wrong....Greenback late 80's and Oneida maybe 91 or 92?

Chef boy-r-u-clueless, are you aware that SP & Oneida may be in the same class 1A regular season but Oneida is 2A come playoffs? I think it would take an extraordinary turn of events for them to meet as you implied you would like to happen in another post. Also I thought you were from Whitwell, what's with all the SP talk. They are a powerhouse no doubt about it, you don't have the success they have had without doing something right. I'm just not sure what stirred your pot on Oneida & this whole region (district now) vs. SP this year. I know you weren't talking this talk last season.

Saw him this morning......I wouldn't say he looked under the weather, but he is still ugly.....so that ought to make you feel better. :roflol: I'm anxious to see this Poteet Kid, I heard he slings it around the yard real good. What a golden opportunity for our secondary to step up this week. If we can contain the pass, I don't see any way for them to keep us from our first W. Heard from one of my sources, that their defense had more holes than Swiss Cheese in it. Of course my source also said Poteet was the real deal as long as his recievers hang on to the football. Champ......we haven't ever gone head to head......should we say old Kaz could hold that pedal down with the best of them or are you going to just diss me as another unskilled pup? Either way.....I don't care.... :roflol:

:blink: Kaz :blink: